• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory

Enjoyed it gents. Really good discussion and surprisingly balanced. There was one point you guys were on the verge of developing which is that we seem to be set up to disrupt/nullify other teams rather than to impose our game/style on opponents. I think there is a bit more there worth exploring in terms of Jose's approach.

@thfcsteff, your metaphors are massively entertaining. It's almost your hook now...hope the cushion is fully inflated for tonight.

There was one point you guys were on the verge of developing which is that we seem to be set up to disrupt/nullify other teams rather than to impose our game/style on opponents. I think there is a bit more there worth exploring in terms of Jose's approach.

Funnily enough, we've been discussing that this afternoon in prep for tonight's recording.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad that you are enjoying them.

Episode 6 is in the can and will be out tomorrow. Subscribe to the pod on your favourite podcast app to have us slip into your downloads as soon as it's released. We should be on Spotify and Amazon Music this week.

Enjoyed it gents. Really good discussion and surprisingly balanced. There was one point you guys were on the verge of developing which is that we seem to be set up to disrupt/nullify other teams rather than to impose our game/style on opponents. I think there is a bit more there worth exploring in terms of Jose's approach.

@thfcsteff, your metaphors are massively entertaining. It's almost your hook now...hope the cushion is fully inflated for tonight.

Thanks for the feedback mate. We are striving to be balanced not ranty. It was a test earlier but hopefully we passed again.

Episode 6

This week, the Game Is About Glory protects its knees further with a rational discussion on the 1-0 defeat Brighton, Kerry Packer rises from the ashes and are we living our “Metal Machine Music” moment? Tune in and find out on the top Tottenham pod out there...

• Brighton - Tottenham
  • European Super League
  • Tottenham - Chelsea

Apple Podcasts

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-game-is-about-glory/id1549996381

Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/show/2TL6nSBfDK0Dn7laU2Vcqp?si=zwUheITvQnSIyqyzKR0CEg

RSS Feed

https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/5ff4636ed6e3f1135f46f0cb

I wish I wanted to hear this, as I like listening to you guys, but ... everything about Spurs is a bit depressing these days, I just can't stomach it at the moment. :( I usually listen to 2-3 Spurs pods a week, but haven't listened to any so far in 2021.

We're a bit more down that we were on Thursday but I don't think that we dwell on it and it's not ranty. I know what you mean though, I'm similar.

I wish I wanted to hear this, as I like listening to you guys, but ... everything about Spurs is a bit depressing these days, I just can't stomach it at the moment. :( I usually listen to 2-3 Spurs pods a week, but haven't listened to any so far in 2021.
It’s worth a listen Daisuk - the guys have done a great job in not making it add to the misery.

The first question that @thfcsteff asks us is about positives. I hadn't covered that in my preparation.

brick. Hmmm. Made me think. Devine on the bench. We're actually in a final and still in two other cups as well. Top four still within reach. Vinicius is looking fired up - hope he can kick on. Ndombele is a joy to watch most of the time. Højbjerg too. Skip is doing well for Norwich and Sess for Hoffenheim. If Jose gets the sack, we can keep Alli. Oh, and Rodon has got the talent - just needs a solid partner like Toby to back him up.

That's what I got. :p

Last edited:
brick. Hmmm. Made me think. Devine on the bench. We're actually in a final and still in two other cups as well. Top four still within reach. Vinicius is looking fired up - hope he can kick on. Ndombele is a joy to watch most of the time. Højbjerg too. Skip is doing well for Norwich and Sess for Hoffenheim. If Jose gets the sack, we can keep Alli.

Positives from the Brighton game

Tmn9mL.gif

brick. Hmmm. Made me think. Devine on the bench. We're actually in a final and still in two other cups as well. Top four still within reach. Vinicius is looking fired up - hope he can kick on. Ndombele is a joy to watch most of the time. Højbjerg too. Skip is doing well for Norwich and Sess for Hoffenheim. If Jose gets the sack, we can keep Alli.

You are banned because of saying anything on this forum that can be looked at as a positive ( several in fact) do you not know we are doomed, doomed i tell thee. ;)

Back