• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Future Squad

We have to. Happy for Johnson as option for both sides and time for him to develop. Kulu again as an option for the centre and middle. But the problem is I keep seeing the words options used not full bore guaranteed starters due to their quality.

We need a minimum of one direct goal creating/threatening WF.

Agree. Hoping werner could be that. But i would love to see a class signing. Don't know enough about world football to even guess who that might be. Chiesa?

We have to. Happy for Johnson as option for both sides and time for him to develop. Kulu again as an option for the centre and middle. But the problem is I keep seeing the words options used not full bore guaranteed starters due to their quality.

We need a minimum of one direct goal creating/threatening WF.
If that WF is also good one vs one I definitely agree.

Don't think that will happen until the summer. And even then if we're talking full bore guaranteed starter due to quality may be something that takes time beyond the summer through us signing a player that will take some time to develop into that.

Regarding the future squad, Football Insider (yeah yeah) have a story that we are trying to negotiate a feeder-club style relationship with FC Nordsjaelland from Denmark.
They are the club with links to a very successful African academy

Regarding the future squad, Football Insider (yeah yeah) have a story that we are trying to negotiate a feeder-club style relationship with FC Nordsjaelland from Denmark.

Would be an interesting hook up

Would be brilliant. The link up is with the the Right To Dream academy that started as a football academy in Ghana. Their link up here is interesting as it came about by the Right To Dream academy owners purchasing FC Nordsjaelland (and not the other way round). This was therefore the first time in history that a European football club had been bought by an African organisation.

I think Right to Dream now has academies in both Ghana and Egypt and are founding a new club in the US in San Diego that will join the MLS in 2025, as well as them owning FC Nordsjaelland.

I suppose it would be good for the Right To Dream academy to have a pathway into the PL for their players. Though, I probably would've expected it to be more likely for them to purchase a reasonable sized Championship team instead, as their MO is more to have full control than feeder club arrangements.

Would be brilliant. The link up is with the the Right To Dream academy that started as a football academy in Ghana. Their link up here is interesting as it came about by the Right To Dream academy owners purchasing FC Nordsjaelland (and not the other way round). This was therefore the first time in history that a European football club had been bought by an African organisation.

I think Right to Dream now has academies in both Ghana and Egypt and are founding a new club in the US in San Diego that will join the MLS in 2025, as well as them owning FC Nordsjaelland.

I suppose it would be good for the Right To Dream academy to have a pathway into the PL for their players. Though, I probably would've expected it to be more likely for them to purchase a reasonable sized Championship team instead, as their MO is more to have full control than feeder club arrangements.

What ever happened to our other linked up teams? The brazillian inter and the south african teams? Basically got sandro and mabizela (or maybe the other one) and nothing thereafter.

I'd be excited to see this for next season:

---------------------------------Vicario(New)

Porro(New)-Romero(Dragusin)-van de Ven(Kelly)-Udogie(Davies)

-----------------------------Bentancur(Bissouma)

----------------Sarr(Skipp)-------------Maddison(Berhvall)

---Kulusevski(Johnson)--------------------------------------Son(Werner)

--------------------------------New(Richarlison)

+ Keeley, Phillips, Dorrington, Devine, Donley, Moore, Santiago, Soonsup-Bell, Lankshear, Scarlett, Veliz

I'd be excited to see this for next season:

---------------------------------Vicario(New)

Porro(New)-Romero(Dragusin)-van de Ven(Kelly)-Udogie(Davies)

----------------Sarr(Skipp)-------------Maddison(Berhvall)

+ Keeley, Phillips, Dorrington, Devine, Donley, Moore, Santiago, Soonsup-Bell, Lankshear, Scarlett, Veliz

That entire bench bar maybe Phillips & Veliz will need at least another year out on loans

Realistic view

----------------------------Vicario(Forster)

Porro(Royal)-Romero(Dragusin)-van de Ven(Davies)-Udogie(New)

----------------Sarr(?)-------------Maddison(?)

I think a LB & CM are the priorities

I think Skipp goes, and you need a Maddison backup (assuming a GLC miracle of fitness never happens) and a player for the other 6 or 8 role

I left side goal scoring winger could either push Deki to bench or into midfield (so one less CM needed), also if Werner owns the left, Son/Richi could be the striking pair. Heavier rotation with more games will likely mean first team isn't as set.

Bench needs to be better.

That entire bench bar maybe Phillips & Veliz will need at least another year out on loans

Realistic view

----------------------------Vicario(Forster)

Porro(Royal)-Romero(Dragusin)-van de Ven(Davies)-Udogie(New)

----------------Sarr(?)-------------Maddison(?)

I think a LB & CM are the priorities

I think Skipp goes, and you need a Maddison backup (assuming a GLC miracle of fitness never happens) and a player for the other 6 or 8 role

I left side goal scoring winger could either push Deki to bench or into midfield (so one less CM needed), also if Werner owns the left, Son/Richi could be the striking pair. Heavier rotation with more games will likely mean first team isn't as set.

Bench needs to be better.
We're just on the verge of signing Maddisons backup

I also thing Ange likes Skipp and there's signs he's stepping up. I think he maybe moves from a 4 to an 8 though, exploiting on his energy

With seasoned pros like Romero, Bentancur, Vic, maddison and son, great developing youngsters of the quality of vdv, Udogie and Sarr combined with our crop of exciting youth players and the couple of overseas "next big thing" signed up for next season there's a man u class of 92 vibe here.
If only we had a charismatic manager with a winning mentality to bring it all together.

We're just on the verge of signing Maddisons backup

I also thing Ange likes Skipp and there's signs he's stepping up. I think he maybe moves from a 4 to an 8 though, exploiting on his energy

We'll have to wait and see on the Swede - at 18 years old he could be lined up for a year or two on loan before properly joining up with the first team squad.

I'd also expect Skipp to be seen as a 5th CM rather than one of the 4 competing for 2 starting places.

Targets for me being

LB - rotation
CM - rotation
AM - rotation
LWF - starting/Son dependant
CF - starting/Son dependant

Last edited:
We'll have to wait and see on the Swede - at 18 years old he could be lined up for a year or two on loan before properly joining up with the first team squad.

I'd also expect Skipp to be seen as a 5th CM rather than one of the 4 competing for 2 starting places.

Targets for me being

LB - rotation
CM - rotation
AM - rotation
LWF - starting/Son dependant
CF - starting/Son dependant
I think thats getting into bad old bed blocker hoarding habits. You've got to give young players a pathway into the team, or just not bother with them.

We could either back Bergvall and Skipp to be 5th and 6th choice CMs, or we could fritter away money on journeymen cover players like say Ward Prowse and Gallagher.

For me id back what we have in those cover roles, and go big on 1 forward like Osimhen with our funds instead

I think thats getting into bad old bed blocker hoarding habits. You've got to give young players a pathway into the team, or just not bother with them.

We could either back Bergvall and Skipp to be 5th and 6th choice CMs, or we could fritter away money on journeymen cover players like say Ward Prowse and Gallagher.

For me id back what we have in those cover roles, and go big on 1 forward like Osimhen with our funds instead
I would love so much if we got Omishen, my favourite striker in world football.

How is Ward-Prowse a journey man when he's played for 1 club his entire career man and boy and then left them for half a season?

Is this the thread where we summarize our January transfer window?

Hard to not look at our dealings as impressive, even more so when you consider how little of note other clubs have done.

In terms of outgoings there's been a few that feel bittersweet albeit required to move forwards, plugged a huge gap at CB for long term, a short term low risk audition for a quality forward and got Maddison's heir apparent sorted for the summer. If rumours to be believed getting in ahead of Munich and Barca, which isn't too shabby.

I'd say we couldn't ask for more but maybe CM was that potential area to improve however we can't have it all. Plus Sarr + Yves to come back soonish helps.

Without wishing to turn it in to an opportunity to slag off hitchen based on one single quote that reflects the general feeling regarding the window, it is impressive how we've been able to be much more productive of late in January.

The squad is looking in a much healthier place, not just referring to injuries. Walking in to the season with no dedicated back up 1st team CB apart from Dier meant we were walking a tightrope inevitably to fall off, despite both Royal and Davies stepping in admirably.

Despite the improvements, when I think about it we could still do with more at LB assuming Sess will never be properly fit, a more suitable back up instead of Forster, the upgrade on PEH plus a tricky forward who can score goals.....Not too much on the list for the summer then i guess!

Youngsters need a pathway, but not at the expense of success on the pitch - if they are ready to be a part of a winning team include them, otherwise err on the side of established quality

Back