• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The FA Cup Draw Thread

Re: The FA Cup Draw Thread - 3rd Round

One of the best footballing days of the year, 3rd round draw day! Sheffield Wednesday away or something like that please

You know James, I knew you would post that, you are dying to get to Sheffield Wedensday arent you? At a guess would Nottingham Forest be your 2nd choice?
Some good 'old school' teams going to be in the draw.

Having another quick scan through myself, wouldnt mind a trip to Rotherham United actually. I know they dont play there now, but Millmoor was the first ground where I first saw a live football game. It was about 100yds from my Great Aunts house

I absolutely love 3rd round day too, the FA is still the nuts for me, love it

You know James, I knew you would post that, you are dying to get to Sheffield Wedensday arent you? At a guess would Nottingham Forest be your 2nd choice?
Some good 'old school' teams going to be in the draw.

Having another quick scan through myself, wouldnt mind a trip to Rotherham United actually. I know they dont play there now, but Millmoor was the first ground where I first saw a live football game. It was about 100yds from my Great Aunts house
Yeah any sort of new ground would be nice, and a big place like Hillsborough would mean I would most likely get a ticket! Every year I ask for a decent away draw in the 3rd round and we always get a home game! (I think Watford was in the 4th round last year)?

Yeah any sort of new ground would be nice, and a big place like Hillsborough would mean I would most likely get a ticket! Every year I ask for a decent away draw in the 3rd round and we always get a home game! (I think Watford was in the 4th round last year)?

Derby was a decent ground, did you get to go there a few seasons back when they were in the Prem?

We WILL WIN the FA Cup this season. Emirates Marketing Project V Utd in R3.

2.40! It gets earlier every year. Soon it'll be before any 2nd round games have been played.

Looking forward to this, we need to win a trophy soon, to give this fine team and squad the silverware our play has deserved over the past 3 years

Wednesday away would be good, an excellent excuse to go home.

I always look forward to seeing if Spurs are drawn against any teams in the Domestic Cup Competitions for the first time.

For the record, here's are the 96 clubs we've already played (and how many times) in the FA Cup since 1894-95...

1 2nd Coldstream Guards
3 Altrincham
5 Arsenal
12 Aston Villa
3 Barnsley
10 Birmingham City
9 Blackburn Rovers
5 Blackpool
13 Bolton Wanderers
1 Boston United
1 Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic
4 Bradford City
2 Bradford Park Avenue
1 Brentford
1 Brighton & Hove Albion
3 Bristol City
2 Bristol Rovers
7 Burnley
1 Bury
6 Cardiff City
3 Carlisle United
5 Charlton Athletic
11 Chelsea
1 Cheltenham Town
2 Chesterfield
3 Clapton
3 Coventry City
3 Crewe Alexandra
5 Crystal Palace
3 Derby County
1 Doncaster Rovers
10 Everton
1 Exeter City
8 Fulham
1 Gateshead
1 Halifax Town
2 Hereford United
3 Huddersfield Town
6 Hull City
1 Ilford
2 Ipswich Town
8 Leeds United
10 Leicester Fosse (2) / Leicester City (8 )
1 Leyton Orient
7 Liverpool
9 Luton Town
1 Maidenhead
14 Emirates Marketing Project
14 Manchester United (12) Newton Heath (2)
1 Margate
1 Marlow
4 Middlesbrough
3 Millwall
2 New Brighton
9 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
2 Newport County
1 Northampton Town
6 Norwich City
10 Nottingham Forest
4 Notts County
2 Old St Stephen's
4 Oldham Athletic
3 Oxford United
3 Peterborough United
4 Plymouth Argyle
2 Port Vale
4 Portsmouth
11 Preston North End
4 Queens Park Rangers
7 Reading
1 Rotherham United
2 S****horpe United
4 Sheffield United
5 Sheffield Wednesday
9 Southampton
4 Southend United
2 Stevenage
1 Stockport County
7 Stoke (2) / Stoke City (5)
7 Sunderland
3 Swindon Town
2 Torquay United
3 Tranmere Rovers
2 Vampires
1 Walsall
6 Watford (5) / West Herts (1)
11 West Bromwich Albion
11 West Ham United
1 West Stanley
1 Wigan Athletic
4 Wimbledon
6 Wolverhampton Wanderers
2 Wolverton
2 Worksop Town
2 Wrexham
1 York City
415 Total FA Cup Matches 1894-95 to 2011-12

Good work once again Statto. Amazing stats that we actually played WBA and Preston so many times. The likes of United you can understand due to their cup record. I was quite surprised we have only played Arsenal 5 times.

Going by that list and the fact we have 92 clubs in the 4 divisions, there are quite a few teams we play have yet to play.

Aldershot, Burton Albion and Crawley are 3 newbies for us. I'd take one of those today

I absolutely love 3rd round day too, the FA is still the nuts for me, love it

Me too. I think that the FA Cup still hold it's magic due to the Do or Die results business of the competition. The teams have to perform to stay in the competition and if not then the Underdog may well have it's day and create a special day for the players and fans.

I want us to play away to Leicester, tough 3rd round draw with Leicester doing well in the Championship but it would be a competitive game and a game that we don't otherwise play this season.

Me too. I think that the FA Cup still hold it's magic due to the Do or Die results business of the competition. The teams have to perform to stay in the competition and if not then the Underdog may well have it's day and create a special day for the players and fans.

I want us to play away to Leicester, tough 3rd round draw with Leicester doing well in the Championship but it would be a competitive game and a game that we don't otherwise play this season.

Shudders, brings back bad memories. Rasiak.

Shudders, brings back bad memories. Rasiak.

This. Leicester would be a very tricky tie indeed. Would rather wait until next season when they are in the Premier League for a visit to their stadium.
The easier better for me, let the others have ties like that

I don't want home to someone lower league as we'll only play the reserves which won't be as fun.

Back