• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**The Electronic Music Thread**

It's been many years since I followed the electronic music scene. Used to listen to Prodigy, Tiësto, go to raves and do lots of stupid drugs.
What's good these days? Kind of miss it (the music, that is)

Its so varied, normally the mixes that are posted up on here are romper stompers and worth a listen

The new Actress album isn't all that great, but thank GHod he released another record under 'Levantis', this is gooooooood;

[video=youtube;0kpKw075ZCY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kpKw075ZCY[/video]

Ah those were the days \o/

I started clubbing back in the late 1990s and used to be in Farringdon most weekends for either The Gallery at Turnmills or Big Beat Boutique Vs Bugged Out / True Playaz at Fabric. I live out in the sticks so was grateful for the Members Bar at Turnmills to chill out in as the night wound down, before my mates and myself had to face the 2 hour train ride back home.

Only paid a couple of visits to The End, remember going to something midweek once and the place being quite empty until Goldie and his entourage arrived!

[video=youtube;BVOu7zRadBA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVOu7zRadBA[/video]

Ive been listening to some Green Velvet the past few days, he is a mentalist hahah, twisted

25 mins on, wicked 10 mins

[video=youtube;M--oZgxZFrc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M--oZgxZFrc[/video]

Last edited:
Went to The End, MoS, Turnmills but I also love a good bit of d'n'b so dropped into The Blue Note in Hoxton Square a few times too, all on trips back…games and then a great night out…yesssss!

The End was my favourite by a long shot Used to love a few nights there.

Ram, Layo and bushwacka all night long and subterranea

Went to The End, MoS, Turnmills but I also love a good bit of d'n'b so dropped into The Blue Note in Hoxton Square a few times too, all on trips back…games and then a great night out…yesssss!

Need to add Herbal in kings land road has gone or changed that used to have some good smaller nights. And as did clockwork on Penton street.

Herbal in Shoreditch? used to love a bit of that place - i remember during one of the World Cups they done a BBQ for each days games based on the cuisine of the nations playing, out on their recently renovated roof terrace, then some dj's and that playing after till the early hours - good summer that.

Herbal in Shoreditch? used to love a bit of that place - i remember during one of the World Cups they done a BBQ for each days games based on the cuisine of the nations playing, out on their recently renovated roof terrace, then some dj's and that playing after till the early hours - good summer that.
Yea that's the one billy another good venue gone. Did you ever go to Fortress it was a session studio that doubled up as a club on some nights it was on Provost street just off city road another place gone clubbing died for me with all the closures of these venues. Plus the music I was heavily into died off to the sorry state it's in now .

nah not aware of Fortress mate - i take it you were a dnb head then? wasn't really my scene at all, although i went to a few nights here and there, quite liked the Hospitality sound and TruePlayaz at Fabric was pretty good - bit heavy going for me though :lol:

the Hype Fabriclive cd was a good 'un

Ive been listening to some Green Velvet the past few days, he is a mentalist hahah, twisted

25 mins on, wicked 10 mins

Grindhouse - what a stomper! :p

Bizarrely I've found myself recently really getting into some old Tiesto and Ferry Corsten mixes…I say bizarre because it isn't usually my first choice, but when they hit the groove damn they're good at the gym! Got to say though, Nick Warren is still a star turn in these general waters, saw him a few months back and even with the flu he still delivered. Pity about the ****y audience!
EDIT: if anyone can point me to a few prime Corsten/Tiesto mixes online that'd be great. there are so many it'd be good to have a reference for the creme…also feel free to throw tips in for the likes of Buuren, etc…thanks in advance.

[mixcloud]Route12/ellenallien-ellen-allien-the-bpm-festival-2014-circoloco-day-10-01-14[/mixcloud]

Audiofly :
[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/audiofly/soundpark-podcast-9-by[/SOUNDCLOUD]

nah not aware of Fortress mate - i take it you were a dnb head then? wasn't really my scene at all, although i went to a few nights here and there, quite liked the Hospitality sound and TruePlayaz at Fabric was pretty good - bit heavy going for me though :lol:

the Hype Fabriclive cd was a good 'un

Grindhouse - what a stomper! :p

No mate was into Breaks. Drum and bass was an after thought but now is mainly what I play and listen to.
Stuff like Calibre ,LTJ Bukem ,Logistics etc

Bukem's night at fabric is top notch and it's always in room 2 as I hate Fabrics main room

Just heard a mix from Jason Blakemore which was fantastic! Do you know him Billy?

Doesn't ring any bells mate - got a link?

Djp82 - i used to love breaks funnily enough, probably the first stuff i really got into...AliB, Freestylers, Meat Katie, Evil Nine etc strange how it seemed to totally dissapear all of a sudden.

Djp82 - i used to love breaks funnily enough, probably the first stuff i really got into...AliB, Freestylers, Meat Katie, Evil Nine etc strange how it seemed to totally dissapear all of a sudden.

Nice a lot of people don't know what breaks is or was. A lot of the producers started making electro house and dub step for the money.
It is still about bit not like the old days Meat Katie and that still make the odd tune but it's few and far between.

I have thousands of breaks tunes on vinyl and mp3 I will post up a few mixes of my fav tunes and have a listen billy might bring back some memory's.

The scene was quite small I would say Stanton warriors are the biggest act still doing well and playing breaks

Nice a lot of people don't know what breaks is or was. A lot of the producers started making electro house and dub step for the money.
It is still about bit not like the old days Meat Katie and that still make the odd tune but it's few and far between.

I have thousands of breaks tunes on vinyl and mp3 I will post up a few mixes of my fav tunes and have a listen billy might bring back some memory's.

The scene was quite small I would say Stanton warriors are the biggest act still doing well and playing breaks

the Y4K series was great, from memory, Evil Nine and Hybrid in particular - throw a couple of mixes up i'll be interested in giving them a listen...

i remember at the time after an initial period where it kind of exploded there didn't seem to be any new material being made - watching sets that were 90% tracks from two or three years previous. Adam Freeland was another of my favorites at the time - had a couple of epic essential mixes and his Fabric cd was also great

cheers Steff - will give that a listen

Shurrrrrrrrrrrrrrup, my 2 fav DJs !!!! bet it was awesome, was BPM good, I may do that next NYE

from 4 mins onward Mark is a few highlights of the Taco Shop Rave :p
[video=youtube;klRnp1HCoUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klRnp1HCoUE&list=PLC0FD36625E857E6A[/video]

No mate was into Breaks. Drum and bass was an after thought but now is mainly what I play and listen to.
Stuff like Calibre ,LTJ Bukem ,Logistics etc

Bukem's night at fabric is top notch and it's always in room 2 as I hate Fabrics main room

The Logical Progression and Earth albums were perfect to chill out to back when I was at university, I remember MC Conrad and Blame doing a night in my home town back in mid 90s which was the first and last D'n'B night we saw locally!

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/huub-penris/ltj-bukem-mc-conrad-essential[/SOUNDCLOUD]

I also got into breakbeat, the Y4K albums were favourites of mine especially volume 6 by ILS. Bass Instinct by Lawgiverz was one of my most played CDs back in 2003.

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/user6833071/lawgiverz-at-bass-plus-distillery-leipzig-march08[/SOUNDCLOUD]

…really stuck on progressive trance/trance right now, considering going to a Markus Schulz event on April 5th here (will have just come back from Europe!) but 50 bucks a pop, pricey…might have a bit of a middle-age raver rally and get a few together to get a booth!!!!!!! Farkin' 'ell, could be a bit of gray-vin' goin' on!!!
:lol:
He is absolute, total and utter quality...

Back