• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The difference between Head Coach and Manager?

Absolutely nothing! But no doubt some of the muppets on here will see it differently and argue it as much as a sweeper keeper etc

Like the old football saying the difference between head coach and manager is measured by success.

Sure Manager is someone that takes care of everything and a Coach just focuses on how the team train and play etc?

Sure Manager is someone that takes care of everything and a Coach just focuses on how the team train and play etc?

At which clubs do you suppose one person "takes care of everything"?

The game as moved on from the days when that was possible.

In any set up (no matter what name is applied) you have a management TEAM, a number of people with a number of responsibilities.

I cant imagine Harry Redknapp the 'manager' took care of much! Wenger and Fergie would probably be the closest thing to a manager these days

I cant imagine Harry Redknapp the 'manager' took care of much! Wenger and Fergie would probably be the closest thing to a manager these days

Even then i bet they delegate responsibilities to Academy and reserve coaches and managers.

The only difference with us will (Hopefully, imo) be that Levy appoints them, which i my mind would make more sense. Far more continuity if the whole system isn't messed up every time a manager leaves and takes his staff with him..

Neither Wenger or Ferguson have much to do with the first team apart from on match day. They leave coaching to their coaches but have much more control over transfers or club matters (in the case of Ferguson) than we are used to.

In the case of AVB it appears that first team coach means what we had already suspected. He will probably have to work with Levy and a DoF to identify first team targets and will primarily only be involved with the first team.

I'd guess that youth, development and loanees will be the responsibility of Sherwood and Inglethorpe.

Back