• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Definitive Worst Tottenham Eleven

Weird, I always liked Lee. I have no idea why you'd have such a poor opinion of him. He was actually very good on the ball, and was a good foil for a Tainio, Davids or Malbranque type player in a lopsided 4-4-2.

The only massive mistake I remember from him was when he was robbed by Park Ji Sung

This with bells on.

Always thought Lee was pretty solid and reliable. Don't understand the hate particularly when you look at Edinburgh, Gilberto and Tremezzani.

Who was that mental haired Japanese midfielder Hoddle signed? He was absolute dogbrick.

Toda...Jesus I could never understand that one. Always seemed to be something underhand/not quite right about that one. Didn't that fudger even start against Man U once? If my memory isn't failing me and he did, it stinks of trying to sell shirts in Asia despite the fact he was dogbrick.

When discussing who was our worst ever you surely have to factor in the number of games they played and the extent of their negative impact on the team as a whole. Too many already mentioned played only a handful of games.

Someone mentioned Fenwick a while back. I honestly believe he was the worst of the lot, not just because he was crap, which he certainly was, but because he was a business crony of Venables who therefore picked him ahead of better players game after game despite it being blindingly obvious to everyone how much he was holding the team back.

He was already over the hill by the time he arrived at Tottenham and the way he allowed opponents the freedom of the park down the flank was unbelievable.

Looks like I'm the only one who thinks Lee Young Pyo is our worst left back ever. Although I do remember Roy saying he didn't rate him.

i know its your opinion but thats just not true. Only Ziege and Ekotto have been better imo.

Lee certainly performed better than Gilberto, Edman, Tarrico, Tramezzani, Edinburgh...... oh and Ben fcuking Thatcher for gods sake

no-one has mentioned Goran Bunjevcevic......the Serbian Beckenbauer hahahhahahaha

When discussing who was our worst ever you surely have to factor in the number of games they played and the extent of their negative impact on the team as a whole. Too many already mentioned played only a handful of games.

Someone mentioned Fenwick a while back. I honestly believe he was the worst of the lot, not just because he was crap, which he certainly was, but because he was a business crony of Venables who therefore picked him ahead of better players game after game despite it being blindingly obvious to everyone how much he was holding the team back.

He was already over the hill by the time he arrived at Tottenham and the way he allowed opponents the freedom of the park down the flank was unbelievable.

Agree, Fenwick is always in my pick of the worst players to wear our shirt.

i know its your opinion but thats just not true. Only Ziege and Ekotto have been better imo.

Lee certainly performed better than Gilberto, Edman, Tarrico, Tramezzani, Edinburgh...... oh and Ben fcuking Thatcher for gods sake

I think those players look even worse because they played in crap teams. I have no doubt if some of the players you mentioned were in our team from 2006 to present day, they would be the weak link of the side, but Lee wouldn't have exactly stood out if you had placed him in the 1993/94 team for example.

Lee had this repuatation as an attacking full back, but I don't ever remember him scoring, setting up a goal or even being involved in the build up to a goal. I have lost count the number of times he bombed forward and we were left exposed.

What about our worst eleven since 2005 (when we started turning good)?..

..............................Alnwick.............................
Stalteri......Davenport...........Rocha.........Gilberto
Bentley........Murphy..............Ghaly.........Routledge
.....................Raziak............Campbell

?

Agree, Fenwick is always in my pick of the worst players to wear our shirt.

It always upset me that Venables denied that he was going to play the offside trap and then signed this donkey to be his Tony Adams with arm aloft at every opportunity.

Rebrov is often talked about amongst the worst players too and yet this is unfair. I think he had talent but for whatever reason, the move didn't work out for him in spite of the initial promise that he showed against Ipswich in his home debut.

14 goals in his first season in a very brick team in a new country, I always thought he was class

Harsh on vega above, his marking whilst injured against Heskey ( who was a force at the time ) in the 99 cup final in my view justifies all his other awful performances. He could pull out the odd performance.

Dave McEwen was awful, and he's vanished off the face of the earth these days.

Atouba, now there's a bellend.

What about our worst eleven since 2005 (when we started turning good)?..

..............................Alnwick.............................
Stalteri......Davenport...........Rocha.........Gilberto
Bentley........Murphy..............Ghaly.........Routledge
.....................Raziak............Campbell

?

Needs more Paul Konchesky.

Back