• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Fantastic win from the Aussies, they destroyed England with bat and ball, so many positives for the Aussies, not so many for England

A lot of so called England superstars need to take a look at themselves and very quickly too, this 10 day break is massive !!

One thing though, 11k in the ground with a large %'age being the BA, thats absolutely pathetic support

Shades of 2005 at the moment (reverse the roles tho).

Poms think they just have to turn up to win. Your preparation was ordinary and little spirit out there.

Aussies want to win this. Playing hard, maybe a little dirty. Some great banter out there at the end.

Mitchell Johnson, eh? Who'd have thought.

Oh and on the crowd, that's Queensland for you. The rednecks attention span barely survives to the second session. Adelaide, Perth and MCG will be massive.

Shades of 2005 at the moment (reverse the roles tho).

Poms think they just have to turn up to win. Your preparation was ordinary and little spirit out there.

Aussies want to win this. Playing hard, maybe a little dirty. Some great banter out there at the end.

Mitchell Johnson, eh? Who'd have thought.

Oh and on the crowd, that's Queensland for you. The rednecks attention span barely survives to the second session. Adelaide, Perth and MCG will be massive.

Agree on your points there, I'll see how MJ does in the 2nd test before thinking he has got over his mental insecurities

I loved the edge too, its how it should be, im sure they will share a beer in the dressing room after the game, its test cricket after all

Am rather hoping England turn up soon as I dont want to be in the MCG or Sydney with you lot taking the urn back, that wasnt in my plans haha

Hopefully we can have it all done and dusted after the Perth test to save you the heart ache.

if it was up to me I'd give you the urn and bring em home now, no point playing the matches if our lot phone it in like that

a disgraceful performance, in 25 years watching England I've never seen one like it, plenty of tankings admittedly but they were all due to the talent of our squad which is fair enough, this test was a failure of attitude

Massive massive credit to the Aussies though

yep, they turned up, which ironically is all England thought they had to do

I can't see anyway back from this, you can tell that England's lazy batting in the summer has given them confidence that they can get something, their tails are up, England on the other hand need such a shift mentally to get anywhere near them, I can't see see us winning this, there is a slim chance that Australia might lose it though

yep, they turned up, which ironically is all England thought they had to do

I can't see anyway back from this, you can tell that England's lazy batting in the summer has given them confidence that they can get something, their tails are up, England on the other hand need such a shift mentally to get anywhere near them, I can't see see us winning this, there is a slim chance that Australia might lose it though

you dont win 3 ashes series in a row without some setbacks on the way, there is a lot of talent in the England team, its time to come to the fore...

Just seen Clarke's comment to Jimmy, "looking forward to a broken hand Jimmy"

Classy, really classy

Had to laugh seeing Clarke giving it large to Anderson. What a joke, the little mummy's boy. Ian Chappell he aint. Johnson was carrying on with the chat and sarcasm all day. What a plonker. Three years ago he couldn't even get the ball on the pitch. He is just one bad spell from a return to that form, so he should probably keep quiet and just take things as they come This carry on has reminded me that Ausies are bad losers, but even worse winners. Even Bailey, who did nothing was mouthing of. He probably wont even be in the side after the next test and he's mouthing off to Root and Anderson They really are pathetic. They have won A test match, that is all.

Had to laugh seeing Clarke giving it large to Anderson. What a joke, the little mummy's boy. Ian Chappell he aint. Johnson was carrying on with the chat and sarcasm all day. What a plonker. Three years ago he couldn't even get the ball on the pitch. He is just one bad spell from a return to that form, so he should probably keep quiet and just take things as they come This carry on has reminded me that Ausies are bad losers, but even worse winners. Even Bailey, who did nothing was mouthing of. He probably wont even be in the side after the next test and he's mouthing off to Root and Anderson They really are pathetic. They have won A test match, that is all.

and have awful fans too, 11k turned up today !!!! most of them english

Hit a nerve did it?

Good to see after Cricket Australia tried to over-sanitise the team after 'Monkey Gate' where Andrew Symonds rudely had himself racially vilified. I think Boof has brought back the agro in the side.

Admit it - you love it!

Lets hope it doesn't come back and bite your mob on the **** eh?

[video=youtube;dWAjPDBl818]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWAjPDBl818[/video]

Michael Clarke, the Australia captain, has been fined 20% of his match fee for his sledge against James Anderson during the dying stages of Australia's win in the first Ashes Test in Brisbane.

The ICC charged Clarke with a breach of its Code of Conduct over comments he made while Anderson was batting late on Sunday. The stump microphone picked up Clarke telling Anderson he should "get ready for a broken f***ing arm", which led to umpire Kumar Dharmasena and third official Marais Erasmus bringing a charge under section 2.1.4 of the code, which deals with "language or a gesture that is obscene, offensive or insulting".

Clarke admitted the offence on Monday morning and accepted the fine proposed by match referee Jeff Crowe, which meant a formal hearing was not required. Clarke was charged with a level one offence, which carries the penalty of a warning/reprimand and/or a fine of up to 50% of the player's match fee.

In a statement, the ICC said that Clarke had "made inappropriate gestures and directed an obscenity towards England's James Anderson, which was picked up by the stump microphone". After the Test, Clarke said he had heard plenty worse on the cricket field than anything that was said at the Gabba.

"Through my career, there has always been banter on the cricket field - and I cop as much as I give, that's for sure," he said on Sunday evening. "That's part and parcel of the game ... but all the England players know we certainly respect them, and we understand we have to be at our best to beat them. I've heard a lot worse said on a cricket field than what the Australia players or the England players said throughout this Test match."

Whilst the Aussies have shown no class, lets hope it serves as a motivating factor for the next test. Some positives Bresnan will be back, Carberry had a decent 1st innings, the rest are world class batmen and bowlers(ex joe Root). Trotts gone home, going to have to step up no other way

Back