• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Most cringeworthy thing about cricket (and for any other sport really) is those people who only come out of the woodwork for big series/high profile matches etc and pay no attention the rest of the year(s).

who you directing that at ???

Most cringeworthy thing about cricket (and for any other sport really) is those people who only come out of the woodwork for big series/high profile matches etc and pay no attention the rest of the year(s).

I must admit I'm not really interested in county cricket, I have trouble getting excited about any sport that isn't top level, I don't follow the spurs 18's that closely either, I only have so much time to dedicate to sport so stick to certain things

I must admit I'm not really interested in county cricket, I have trouble getting excited about any sport that isn't top level, I don't follow the spurs 18's that closely either, I only have so much time to dedicate to sport so stick to certain things

This. I even know some county cricketers and don't follow them.

The ECB is based on Loughborough campus though and the pitch is right outside my office so if theres a game on I'll sit in the sun. Won't pay a huge amount of attention though.

Honestly, I watch all sports at the top level. I'll follow the Tennis and Golf majors, England rugby and cricket whenever they play etc... Don't have time to follow all events of all sports.

It was a general comment.

What else is really annoying is when you can get tickets for stuff easily then bang one series comes along and suddenly everyone and his dog wants to join the party.

Its the ashes though, its a huge event, mind you playing them 3 times in 3 years will diminish the allure a little bit...

Looking like 2 changes for the aussies for todays test Harris in for Starc and Khawaja in for Cowan

Not sure about England today, think they may keep with Finn due to him having a very good test record at Lords and it being his home ground maybe

Looking like 2 changes for the aussies for todays test Harris in for Starc and Khawaja in for Cowan

Not sure about England today, think they may keep with Finn due to him having a very good test record at Lords and it being his home ground maybe

It would be crazy to drop him given this fact alone.

Taken today off, am not going to move from my couch from 9am till 8pm, Golf, Cricket, TDF, got lots of good food and liquid refreshments...

Top day !!!

Cook out LBW, Root given out LBW but looks like an edge !!! referral time again !!!!

Pad 1st then edge so out, 26/2 !!!

This is gonna be just like the first test huh? Not sure I can watch!

With the aussies needing to win 3 out of the last 4 to win back the ashes they are going to be all guns blazing for the next couple of tests at minimum, keep the faith in England, were made of sterner stuff these days

Back