• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

My first look at Roots this morning, he looks very good. Early days but looked better than Taylor how I thought was going to force his way into the test team

India vs Australia test series started this morning, Aus 150-5 at moment, could do with the Indians giving them a right pasting before the Ashes this summer..

India vs Australia test series started this morning, Aus 150-5 at moment, could do with the Indians giving them a right pasting before the Ashes this summer..

Just woken up to see Dhoni get his double hundred. Good game so far. Kohli got a ton as well.

Clarke is in the form of his life, yet another century. Going to be tough to get him out this summer.

Punter is playing for Surrey this summer, no doubt will be a lot of talk of him coming back in for the ashes if things go badly but don't think it will happen.

Just woken up to see Dhoni get his double hundred. Good game so far. Kohli got a ton as well.

Clarke is in the form of his life, yet another century. Going to be tough to get him out this summer.

Punter is playing for Surrey this summer, no doubt will be a lot of talk of him coming back in for the ashes if things go badly but don't think it will happen.

Absolutely no chance of that. In the end, he had to be dragged kicking and screaming out of the team like a petulent child.

Clarke is in form but the rest of them are there for the taking especially in England.

India nearly beat them by an innings in the first test.

Here's hoping! I've got a $50 bet per test with some guy at work for the ten tests coming this year/early 2014.

You're coming out to Australia aren't you Marky?

Here's hoping! I've got a $50 bet per test with some guy at work for the ten tests coming this year/early 2014.

You're coming out to Australia aren't you Marky?

Yeh for the last 3 tests

[video=youtube;B3OOSiBDxw4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3OOSiBDxw4[/video]

Last edited:
Aussies are getting destroyed. We are 70 runs ahead of their 1st innings total with 9 wickets left. Coming up to a 300 run partnership as well. Without Clarke again they would have been all out for 150.

Pujara getting more runs. The guy was excellent against England, and he gets big runs. 3 scores of 150+ already in 10 tests.

My Aussie mates seem to think so. No spinner to play on spinning wickets in India (that's five Tests in a row they've lost there now?), and no batsmen capable of dealing with spin or swing. It's the most downbeat I've seen them leading up to an Ashes series.

My Aussie mates seem to think so. No spinner to play on spinning wickets in India (that's five Tests in a row they've lost there now?), and no batsmen capable of dealing with spin or swing. It's the most downbeat I've seen them leading up to an Ashes series.

Happy days, Id love to grind them into the ground like they used to with us, 4-0, 4-1 over here then 5-0 in Oz !!!

Annihilation today, to lose your last 7 wickets in one session and lose by an innings is weak, Old Aussies would never have caved in like that.

Still you have totally different wickets which they will be more comfortable on. Pattinson and Henrique both look like they have potential but isn't much else to worry about bar Clarke but he needs to move to 4 really, 5 is too late when the ones above are so bad he ends up coming into a crisis every time.

Annihilation today, to lose your last 7 wickets in one session and lose by an innings is weak, Old Aussies would never have caved in like that.

Still you have totally different wickets which they will be more comfortable on. Pattinson and Henrique both look like they have potential but isn't much else to worry about bar Clarke but he needs to move to 4 really, 5 is too late when the ones above are so bad he ends up coming into a crisis every time.
Evidently the first side ever to lose by an innings having declared after batting first.

Didn't they also establish a first a number of years ago when Waugh enforced the follow-on and VVS took them to the cleaners?

Anyway, if my Aussie mates are right, and England can swing it, the difference in tracks and climate won't make any difference. Or not much anyway.

Back