• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Pope, Root, Brook all out to absolute top class deliveries that would have got 99/100 people out with

Yeh their bowling has been top draw here, I don't have much issue with today, more issue with the hooking to set fields on a lifeless pitch, still can't get my head round that

Decent fightback this from Duckett & Stokes

I must say I've really enjoyed listening to Ponting and Taylor, really good commentators for Aussies

Got away with one there, honestly can't see why Starc's catch wasn't given

I suppose the argument would be that you can't use the ground as momentum for keeping the ball in your hand

He has grounded the ball, thems the rules

Last edited:
If he had some fingers underneath it would have been given but he didn't so there we go.

Yeh the more you see it the clearer it is, he uses the ground where as if he turned his hand there would have been a chance of a bounce out the hand because of momentum. That's a no no

They can't possible do it, can they? Hope that kills you and all that. Once we get under 200 needed, the pressure on both sides will ratchet up. And sadly Aus seem to handle the pressure better. They hustle better.

But...we have good batsman and they are missing their spinner... All to play for!

Ducket....his weakness is balls around or above his head. Seems to wave his bat at balls flying around his head, and eventually it got him out. Take inspiration from your name man!

Ah. Very big ask now. With Ducket there, we had genuine hope.

Ruined an interesting game. A 'run out' which was the end of the over with the Batsman walking to the other end. Shame as the game had a nice poise.

Ultimately stupid from Bairstow. England have given away too many of their wickets too easily. If they'd had greater composure not to hand over their wickets we'd we winning the Ashes.
He put his foot down in the crease though so was in

He put his foot down in the crease though so was in

The crowd are booing and so they should. Ruined a good days cricket. They've paid handsomely to watch cricket (not some technicality), and the game is now done. Bairstow should have said I heard "over". Just a shi1 way to conclude 5 days of cricket.

Last edited:
The crowd are booing and so they should. Ruined a good days cricket. They've paid handsomely to watch cricket (not some technicality), and the game is now done. Bairstow should have said I heard "over". Just a shi1 way to conclude 5 days of cricket.
Aussies win at all costs for you !!

Even seeing the members in the pavillion getting into the scummers

Stokes though,what a man

I still believe we can do this !!

Australia better hustlers. Take your shoe off, so you can waste time and get to lunch.

England should not change sides at the end of the over until the Ozzie capitan has confirmed the ball is dead. All good faith is gone!

Back