• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Rightly so. I note Warne has been adding his tuppence worth saying the blame is shared between Pietersen and the ECB. Not quite sure how I can square that. Seems to have been Pietersen being a dingdong.

Off to The Oval on Friday week for my only day of cricket this year. Hope it's a better effort than day one against India at The Oval last year which ended up with seven balls too many being bowled for any form of refund! Still, made up for it by drinking a shedload at The Griff aftewards and watching Spurs thump Hearts!

Gough is crying about it on Talkbrick as well.......all of his pals are coming out and the best they can do is all parties are to blame.....come again???!

I hope he never plays for England again......being an England international is lucrative and he should be denied the honour now.

Let him play in the IPL and be a hired hand, his form will die as he won't get the time in the middle.

I note he was out to a golden duck for Surrey the other day.

Not much as been said about how the content of the text became public. Only Peitersen and the people he sent them to knew, so who had anything to gain from the leaking.

I doubt that very much. Their averages would be higher I'd expect. Amla, Smith & De Villiers all average about 50. I think Kallis is nearer 60.

Only Pietersen averags over 50 for England and I think he's dipped just below that now.

I doubt that very much. Their averages would be higher I'd expect. Amla, Smith & De Villiers all average about 50. I think Kallis is nearer 60.

Only Pietersen averags over 50 for England and I think he's dipped just below that now.

Erm. If OUR batsmen played their average. Comprende?

The 8 dropped catches England did cost over 600 runs, huge factor !!!

This. You can go on about who's batsmen were better and who's bowlers are better, but if these catches were taken the whole series changes. To make things worse some of them were easy enough catches.

Was at Lords yesterday, the general consensus among the group was that Ian bell once again failed to deliver against quality opponents

Erm. If OUR batsmen played their average. Comprende?

No because the totals SA were getting were still above your averages generally. Saying if they got their average is a rather silly comment. Of course if a team got 100 more runs they would be more competitive as would any team in any test.

That's all we were saying.

If Bale scores at the weekend and doesn;t hit the bar we probably win? Same with Defoe??

It's not rocket science is it mate?

Good show on Aussie tv at the moment called Howzat about when Kerry Packer started World Series Cricket. If you can download, it's worth a gander. Fair bit of it you poms would relate to, Tony Greig is a key character in this.

Just watched Part 1, good watch and interesting if its really true to the story

Guardian sport: Kevin Pietersen is set to turn to commentary during the World Twenty20 after he was left out of the England squad

Back