• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Very well. If and it is a big IF KP was to come back Taylor would be the one to drop out.

Obviously Taylor is no Pietersen, but I've got to wonder if he deserves to be dropped. I'd be perfectly happy to see KP wait until a player deserves to be replaced as Bopara and Morgan were.

I don't want him back. You cannot call your captain a qunt and give advice on how to get him out and stay in the team. Showed that he's a saffer at heart and only played for England for the dollars. What a cretin!!

the question is with the new ball, should Anderson be willing to swing his bat at it? Could steal 10 or so runs that way which could be the difference

Travesty that boards now go for the money rather than a proper test series, 3 tests against the numbers 1 & 2 in the world is plain ridiculous.

Top of the order cost us in this test. Valiant effort from Prior and Swann. Our bowlers did well to come back after that hammering they took at The Oval.

Is it time for Strauss to step down as captain? I mean he's taken us to number 1 in the world, won the ashes both at home and in Australia, been player of the series in one of those series wins, what else is there for him to do? Still deserves to be in the side, but maybe time for him to let someone else have a crack at the captaincy.

South Africa clearly better than us in every department.

Top of the order cost us in this test. Valiant effort from Prior and Swann. Our bowlers did well to come back after that hammering they took at The Oval.

Is it time for Strauss to step down as captain? I mean he's taken us to number 1 in the world, won the ashes both at home and in Australia, been player of the series in one of those series wins, what else is there for him to do? Still deserves to be in the side, but maybe time for him to let someone else have a crack at the captaincy.

I'd argue that if you take out Strauss excellent captaincy, his value in the side massively diminishes. He finally got a couple centuries against West Indies, but before those two earlier this summer he had only a single ton since July 2009. That's one century in 32 test matches for an opener.

Now he's got some runs against the West Indies theres no argument for dropping him, but I'd say after our awful record at number 6 (which hopefully Bairstow will fix), he is the weak link in the batting lineup.

Last edited:
KP left out of the rest of the tour - official
Rightly so. I note Warne has been adding his tuppence worth saying the blame is shared between Pietersen and the ECB. Not quite sure how I can square that. Seems to have been Pietersen being a dingdong.

Off to The Oval on Friday week for my only day of cricket this year. Hope it's a better effort than day one against India at The Oval last year which ended up with seven balls too many being bowled for any form of refund! Still, made up for it by drinking a shedload at The Griff aftewards and watching Spurs thump Hearts!

Not sure about the bowling mate....their top order won them the series IMO.

Back