• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

This brick annoys me, they are 3 cheating clams who I hope get dogs abuse for every day of the 5 tests this summer

Bancroft return would be 'great story'

Australia coach Justin Langer says that batsman Usman Khawaja has been passed fit and will play, while bowlers Mitchell Starc, Peter Siddle and Josh Hazlewood are "probably" vying for one spot.

Opener Cameron Bancroft could also play for the tourists in what would be his return to the Test squad following the end of a ban for a ball-tampering incident during a match against South Africa in March 2018.

Fellow batsmen Steve Smith and David Warner were also banned for their involvement in the controversy and all three may face England.

Smith and Warner experienced boos when they played in the World Cup in England during the summer and Langer expects Bancroft to get the same treatment.

"It would be a great story if he [Bancroft] comes back into the team," said Langer.

"His development after what happened in Cape Town has been extraordinary.

"We know what the reception is going to be. There's nothing we can do about it.

"We don't know [how he will cope] but we'll find out.

"He's a good kid and as tough as anyone you could meet. To endure the scrutiny of the past 14 months, especially the first part of it, I think he's had a pretty good dress rehearsal."

This brick annoys me, they are 3 cheating clams who I hope get dogs abuse for every day of the 5 tests this summer

Bancroft return would be 'great story'

Australia coach Justin Langer says that batsman Usman Khawaja has been passed fit and will play, while bowlers Mitchell Starc, Peter Siddle and Josh Hazlewood are "probably" vying for one spot.

Opener Cameron Bancroft could also play for the tourists in what would be his return to the Test squad following the end of a ban for a ball-tampering incident during a match against South Africa in March 2018.

Fellow batsmen Steve Smith and David Warner were also banned for their involvement in the controversy and all three may face England.

Smith and Warner experienced boos when they played in the World Cup in England during the summer and Langer expects Bancroft to get the same treatment.

"It would be a great story if he [Bancroft] comes back into the team," said Langer.

"His development after what happened in Cape Town has been extraordinary.

"We know what the reception is going to be. There's nothing we can do about it.

"We don't know [how he will cope] but we'll find out.

"He's a good kid and as tough as anyone you could meet. To endure the scrutiny of the past 14 months, especially the first part of it, I think he's had a pretty good dress rehearsal."

Do you lot boo Atherton or du Plessis whenever they're in town?

Edit: Add Philander and Dravid to that list also.

Do you lot boo Atherton or du Plessis whenever they're in town?

Edit: Add Philander and Dravid to that list also.

BBC said:
The charge did not result from any accusations by Australia but vice-captain David Warner told reporters afterwards: "We hold our heads high and I'd be very disappointed if one of our team members did that.

"The rules are in place for a reason. If you're not going to use them why bother having them?

"If you're going to overstep the mark, be prepared to get fined and miss Test matches."

Maybe when he said one of our team members, he meant three would be ok?

I'd imagine they all took stick for a good while after, although in Athers' case England were probably so irrelevant at the time no one noticed.

It's a bit different with it being England and Australia (and Warner being a massive clam), it's bound to elicit a more OTT reaction, especially in our backyard.

Aussies win the toss and bat first, Root said he would have bowled himself

Surprised the Aussies have left out Starc and Hazelton, Siddle has been bowling well for essex though, but they only have 4 proper bowlers

well England certainly dug in and rode their luck this morning, beautifully set up test match we have now

The absolute state of these umpires so far.

Root to start scoring now I hope... he looks like he's loosening up a bit.

Back