• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Your lot set the bar on awful losing last series. How's Swanny going?
Trust me there are no worser losers in the world of sport than the aussies, time and time again, you make alex ferguson seem like sportsman of the year

How has the aussie media taken to yesterdays absolute drubbing ??

Trust me there are no worser losers in the world of sport than the aussies, time and time again, you make alex ferguson seem like sportsman of the year

How has the aussie media taken to yesterdays absolute drubbing ??

Pretty calmly to be honest. A lot of heat on Watson but that's nothing new. But let's not get into a debate about whose media is the most pathetic after a sporting loss. You know you can't win that one either.

So far Marky you're 0 for 2.

Swanny never blamed the opposition for the poor performance, never accused the Aussies of cheating. Don't know what youre going on about there. The pitch doctoring accusations go back as far as 1972, when Deadly Derek humbled them. First words uttered by the beaten Aussies was 'England cheated.' Despite them having a spinner in their team too. The real problem of course was that their spinner was brick and Underwood was one of the greatest slow bowlers of all time.

I've met plenty of Ozzie test cricketers and found them all very focused and the majority of them good company. The Ausralians have always played hard since I've been watching with Richie Benauds team. Things turned a bit nasty when the obnoxious Chappell's arrived on the scene. I'll always remember Neil Hawke shaking Fred Truemans hand after he had got him caught to be the first man to take 300 test wickets, thats how the game should be played!

There is nothing wrong with being " bad losers" , teams who are " bad losers" generally are those that win a lot.

Swanny never blamed the opposition for the poor performance, never accused the Aussies of cheating. Don't know what youre going on about there. The pitch doctoring accusations go back as far as 1972, when Deadly Derek humbled them. First words uttered by the beaten Aussies was 'England cheated.' Despite them having a spinner in their team too. The real problem of course was that their spinner was crud and Underwood was one of the greatest slow bowlers of all time.

Never accused the Aussies of cheating, but he's labelled others cheats: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2012/mar/19/graeme-swann-perera-cheating Classy showing after a warm up game. What a girl.

Last series, Swanny packed up his ball and went home half way through the last series when it was lost, and had a sook on the way out about his team mates. He is a flog of the highest order and I can't believe he has been let off so lightly. Do you think Shane Warne would ever do such a thing? He'd sooner eat a kale & quinoa salad than let down his mates.

Very gobby when the goings good with his little sprinkler dance but when time comes to step up and lead he ditches his mates and avoids the tough stuff.

I love Aus/Eng banter as much as anyone but putting out flighty "Aussies are bad losers" comments doesn't wash when your team was quite frankly pathetic last series. Probably the worst example of losers I can remember in test cricket.

Although the way you have turned it around is impressive. Maybe thats because nobs like Trott, Swann, Prior and Pietersen are nowhere near the team?

Anyway, on to Lords. We have a good record there. Expect the ledger to be squared 1-1 and the good sport english who always play in the right spirit will find something else to whinge about (too many Mitch's ... confuses the team ... it is not in the right spirit of the game to have 3 players with the name Mitchell. It's not even a christian name for heavens sake)

In all the excitement of walking the first test in second gear I almost forgot to ask:

WTF has Ponting done to his head? He's either spray painted it in gloss black or he's shaved it off and replaced it with Lego hair.

There is nothing wrong with being " bad losers" , teams who are " bad losers" generally are those that win a lot.
I think you're confusing being a bad loser and being borish. I'm a bad loser I hate losing at any game I play but still have enough self respect and respect for those I'm competing with to behave properly whether I win or lose. Too many "athletes" adopt this attitude as it appears to play well with the media and mindless fans, and certainly do not deserve the right to be called sportsmen.

I think you're confusing being a bad loser and being borish. I'm a bad loser I hate losing at any game I play but still have enough self respect and respect for those I'm competing with to behave properly whether I win or lose. Too many "athletes" adopt this attitude as it appears to play well with the media and mindless fans, and certainly do not deserve the right to be called sportsmen.

Not at all as you say that is different, my point is the Aussies are no different to any others we/they all blame something/someone for losing.

Never accused the Aussies of cheating, but he's labelled others cheats: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2012/mar/19/graeme-swann-perera-cheating Classy showing after a warm up game. What a girl.

Last series, Swanny packed up his ball and went home half way through the last series when it was lost, and had a sook on the way out about his team mates. He is a flog of the highest order and I can't believe he has been let off so lightly. Do you think Shane Warne would ever do such a thing? He'd sooner eat a kale & quinoa salad than let down his mates.

Very gobby when the goings good with his little sprinkler dance but when time comes to step up and lead he ditches his mates and avoids the tough stuff.

I love Aus/Eng banter as much as anyone but putting out flighty "Aussies are bad losers" comments doesn't wash when your team was quite frankly pathetic last series. Probably the worst example of losers I can remember in test cricket.

Although the way you have turned it around is impressive. Maybe thats because nobs like Trott, Swann, Prior and Pietersen are nowhere near the team?

Anyway, on to Lords. We have a good record there. Expect the ledger to be squared 1-1 and the good sport english who always play in the right spirit will find something else to whinge about (too many Mitch's ... confuses the team ... it is not in the right spirit of the game to have 3 players with the name Mitchell. It's not even a christian name for heavens sake)

Ricky Ponting was one of the biggest whingers in the game. If he was our captain no doubt he would have been known as a "whinging pom".

Back