• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Blue & Yellow ITK Bonanza Thread

exactly, and apparently Levy worked very hard on that deal at the time (probably trying his best to get him for 5 mill instead of the 18 mill Marseille wanted:) )

my opinion is that AVB was not totally convinced in Jan, but with other options falling by the wayside this summer he may have to reassess his opinion and just go with Remy

If your best option is a relegated journeyman who was just outshone last season by our 5th choice winger, who has a terrible injury record, and is facing a court case in the autumn with potentially 5 years in prision, your scouting system is well and truely fudged!

Or Redknapp was.

The same Redknapp that tried to get us to spend £20m of Kenwyne Jones. And made us spend £10m on Peter Crouch.

maybe its the same scouts who lined up Vertonghen and Dembele, and Hazard, who also were looking hard at Remy

If your best option is a relegated journeyman who was just outshone last season by our 5th choice winger, who has a terrible injury record, and is facing a court case in the autumn with potentially 5 years in prision, your scouting system is well and truely fudged!

its not the scouting system, its the refusal to pay top dollar for top strikers

Or Redknapp was.

The same Redknapp that tried to get us to spend £20m on Kenwyne Jones. And made us spend £10m on Peter Crouch.

and the same guy you continuously put on the right hand side of a front 3 and continuously kept saying he would be a good signing. Funny that the Remy playing for a foreign team is someone we should sign but the one playing for an English team is suddenly not good enough.

its not the scouting system, its the refusal to pay top dollar for top strikers

I'd rather buy both the Benfica kids, than a 'plan d' senior forward like Remy.

When was the last time we signed a striking prospect? Postiga, Zamora and Defoe in quick succession a decade ago?

When was the last time we signed a striking prospect? Postiga, Zamora and Defoe in quick succession a decade ago?

who? Rodrigo and Salvio? Salvio isnt even a striker

and the same guy you continuously put on the right hand side of a front 3 and continuously kept saying he would be a good signing. Funny that the Remy playing for a foreign team is someone we should sign but the one playing for an English team is suddenly not good enough.

I've explained this already - that I felt Remy would have been a good signing/better fit than Lennon in Redknapp's particular 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1, where we had Rafa and Bale in the middle and left of the 3 and needed more goals/support for Ade from the right.

hahahahahah man. Was he a relegated journey man the time when you stated he would be a good signing and we need him for a front 3?

striking prospects?? how about Finnbogason, or Castagnios...maybe Guidetti from City. I wouldnt say no to Vydra

Jordan Rhodes ??:)

who? Rodrigo and Salvio? Salvio isnt even a striker

Oliveira and Rodrigo are the two we've been linked with. I know naff all about them. But Baldini/AVB have form with Higuain/Cassano/Falcao etc, so need to be signing the 18-22yos they rate as capable of being the next Higuain or next Falcao.

Oliveira and Rodrigo are the two we've been linked with. I know naff all about them. But Baldini/AVB have form with Higuain/Cassano/Falcao etc, so need to be signing the 18-22yos they rate as capable of being the next Higuain or next Falcao.

AVB and Baldini have nothing to do with discovering or signing Falcao

I've explained this already - that I felt Remy would have been a good signing/better fit than Lennon in Redknapp's particular 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1, where we had Rafa and Bale in the middle and left of the 3 and needed more goals/support for Ade from the right.

but your post trying to pass it off as some sort of weird transfer target of Redknapp doesn't really make sense when you yourself wanted him too.

i think Rodrigo will be classed in the 25-30 mill bracket by Benfica. He is their next big thing

Oliveira seems to be touted around quite cheaply

Seems this was posted last night, but has only just made its way onto SC.

dazherring said: ↑
Loic Remy on loan season long with a view to permanent deal

Would take that, although arry was saying on SSN last week that he'd rather sell the likes of Cesar and Taarabt than loan them out.

Would take that, although arry was saying on SSN last week that he'd rather sell the likes of Cesar and Taarabt than loan them out.

maybe they will take Parker on a loan deal with a view to a permanent move too??

Yeah I'd take that. Remy impressed me for QPR and this would mitigate the risk we would incur with the court-case.

It would be nice to think though that he was being signed in addition to another main striker and not as our main man. Only reason being is that i'm not sure he's been massively prolific ever in his career, although with better service who knows? It may improve.

He did seem to have a rocket of a shot on him and able to score from all angles. Seemed to drift wide like Henry did for Arsenal though, but if we played 4-3-3, a front 3 of Chadli, Bale and Remy could be very fluid potentially. I'd actually still prefer a main man like Soldado though, could even play Bale in a floating 'hole' position ahead of Sandro & Paulinho, but just behind Chadli, Soldado and Remy. Now that would be nice :)

Taking Remy on loan would really confirm that we've got no money. Total summer outlay of £23m, a fair chunk of which will be recouped by flogging Parker, Hudd and co.

Good enough to get top 4 without an elite striker? Probably not.

Yeah I'd take if we played 4-3-3, a front 3 of Chadli, Bale and Remy could be very fluid potentially. I'd actually still prefer a main man like Soldado though, could even play Bale in a floating 'hole' position ahead of Sandro & Paulinho, but just behind Chadli, Soldado and Remy. Now that would be nice :)

Chadli, Bale and Remy as a front 3 is a pretty horrible though tbht. Great on the break but offers nothing whatsoever against organised defending.

Taking Remy on loan would really confirm that we've got no money. Total summer outlay of £23m, a fair chunk of which will be recouped by flogging Parker, Hudd and co.

Chadli, Bale and Remy as a front 3 is a pretty horrible though tbht. Great on the break but offers nothing whatsoever against organised defending.

Don't think it means no money, what it does look like is an opportunistic move to get a player in for a year at no cost other than his salary, an option to buy doesn't mean cough up the dough at the end of the season. That would also still leave us with money to spend on a top striker.

tbh if Chadli and Bale are part of the front 3 with Pauline, Sandro, and Dembele in behind, then only a forward like Thierry Henry at his peak would make a difference against organised defending. The whole problem there is not the striker, its how we are building around that striker that is the problem when it comes to breaking down organised defences

Back