• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Blue & Yellow ITK Bonanza Thread

Damn.

I want him, didn't see that coming tbh. Naff it.

I don't watch a lot of football outside of the PL so really have no clue as to who else might be out there...

Damn.

I want him, didn't see that coming tbh. Naff it.

I don't watch a lot of football outside of the PL so really have no clue as to who else might be out there...

Semi-realistic - Soldado, Leandro, Osvaldo, maybe Vucinic
Long shots requiring political favours - Dzeko and Higuain
Random kids - Rebic and Oliveira
Deadline day bargin bins - Remy (but may have to be put on hold for 5 years)

Its looking pretty ugly isn't it

After his 'done deals' on Leandro, Villa, the Croatians and now Benteke, this guy is fast losing his credibility. Looks like he did just chance upon the Saha/Nelsen story a few hours early as a one-off.
Being fair he never said any were done deals the most he ever said was we are confident, things are looking good deal done "in principle" etc.

There's quite a few more than that I'm sure. For example I watch quite a bit of Serie A as I grew up in an area with a large British-Italian community and my 3 best friends are British-Italians. I've been to Italy loads of times and got married there last year. Sorry for the life story but anyway I watch loads of Italian football and there is quite a lot of affordable talent in Italy. It's affordable as Italian clubs aren't as rich as they were but the talent is there as Italian clubs have some of the best scouting networks in the world. There is a lot of South American, Eastern European and African talent in Serie A just now.

The problem is the change in pace from how Serie A is played (game of chess) and the Premiership (game of dodge ball whilst being shot at by an Iraqi high on E). Not every player will be suitable or make the adaptation.

Osvaldo? No thanks. Italians don't travel well- they're all mummy's boys at heart - name an Italian that did well outside of Italy- you can probably use one hand to count them in recent years.

There are some interesting strikers in Serie A though. Likewise there are probably options out there all over the place.

There's quite a few more than that I'm sure. For example I watch quite a bit of Serie A as I grew up in an area with a large British-Italian community and my 3 best friends are British-Italians. I've been to Italy loads of times and got married there last year. Sorry for the life story but anyway I watch loads of Italian football and there is quite a lot of affordable talent in Italy. It's affordable as Italian clubs aren't as rich as they were but the talent is there as Italian clubs have some of the best scouting networks in the world. There is a lot of South American, Eastern European and African talent in Serie A just now.

The problem is the change in pace from how Serie A is played (game of chess) and the Premiership (game of dodge ball whilst being shot at by an Iraqi high on E). Not every player will be suitable or make the adaptation.

Osvaldo? No thanks. Italians don't travel well- they're all mummy's boys at heart - name an Italian that did well outside of Italy- you can probably use one hand to count them in recent years.

There are some interesting strikers in Serie A though. Likewise there are probably options out there all over the place.

And with AVB (Portugal and Brazil), Baldini (Italy, Argentina and Brazil) and Freund (Germany) we should have pretty detailed knowledge and contacts in some of those other key markets.

Signing overpriced overrated EPL-based players like Benteke or Remy would be quite concerning considering the (human) resources we have at hand.

it either we get the man on our terms, or we wait until the dust settles after the clubs with deep pockets make their moves. transfers feel exceptionally slow this season generally though. exception is Emirates Marketing Project.

it either we get the man on our terms, or we wait until the dust settles after the clubs with deep pockets make their moves. transfers feel exceptionally slow this season generally though. exception is Emirates Marketing Project.

Not really. There's still 6 weeks to go, and about 80% of activity happens in the last week. Most international players aren't even back from their summer hols yet.

I guess it just feels like it for us as this summer it looks like we are only after 3 players, rather than our usual 6. At this time last summer we'd similarly only done 1/3 of our business (Siggy and Verts). The other 4 (Ade, Dembele, Lloris and Dempsey) were all last 10 days of the window.

Who:JJetset
Where:SC
When: 20 July

Commenting on why lots of ITKs hadn't commented on Benteke...

JJetset said: ↑

The reason they didn't mention Benteke is because they are not as close to what is going on as others. It has been rumbling on all week.
Now I will update you more soon with why DL wouldn't pay up but I haven't heard the full story yet.
We should have gone for it though :0(
Could be Soldado or Remy now.
We are in for Bernard in a big way now too as well which is pleasing.

GB, as to avoid confusion, can you start referring to Leandro Damiao as Leandro Damiao or just Damiao. There is a player actually known as Leandro playing for Gremio/Palmeiras who we've also been linked to.

Who:JJetset
Where:SC
When: 20 July

Commenting on why lots of ITKs hadn't commented on Benteke...

JJetset said: ↑

The reason they didn't mention Benteke is because they are not as close to what is going on as others. It has been rumbling on all week.
Now I will update you more soon with why DL wouldn't pay up but I haven't heard the full story yet.
We should have gone for it though :0(
Could be Soldado or Remy now.
We are in for Bernard in a big way now too as well which is pleasing.
didn't he comment about benteke around the same time?

any names???

any names???

Well I like Luis Muriel of Udinese he's a Columbian striker just made his break-through season for Udinese after being loaned out previously. Scored 11 goals from 15 starts (22 appearances overall) and scored against some big teams towards the end of the season as he played more regularly. Time to buy him is now before his value rockets. His technique is outrageous.

yeah he looks like what we need. interestingly he appears to have very good awareness and is able to stay very calm in front of goal for his age.

sell him for 40 million..LOL..is he Pele or something!

no this is the PL and with moneybags clubs like Man U, Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea at home, PSG, Real, Bayern, Monaco, Zenit, Anzhi abroad, 40 mill for a PL international striker is not such a big deal

PSG just paid 27 mill for a 19 year old Brazilian defender who has had one good season in Serie A:-k

Well I like Luis Muriel of Udinese he's a Columbian striker just made his break-through season for Udinese after being loaned out previously. Scored 11 goals from 15 starts (22 appearances overall) and scored against some big teams towards the end of the season as he played more regularly. Time to buy him is now before his value rockets. His technique is outrageous.

arent Udinese already valuing him at more than 20 mill pounds?? affordable for us or not?

Baldini should know all about him. We get the news of Lucas Muriel on here and it'l be all over the papers in a day or two :lol:

Back