• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Blue & Yellow ITK Bonanza Thread

Ok so you said he's played most of the time in that position...is that correct? Pjanic played most of the time as a deep lying playmaker?

I said I watch Roma 80% of the time and Pjanic plays more centrally than attacking midfield. Like Wheelchair.

Considering i am probably the only one here who watches 80% of Roma games WHERE HE'S PLAYED MOST OF THE TIME, it's not hard to see why.

We won't sign him anyway.

Yeah i don't see us doing it. If anything we need to buy someone for the left wing/ left forward position imo. Pjanic is not that guy.

I said I watch Roma 80% of the time and Pjanic plays more centrally than attacking midfield. Like Wheelchair.

but the conversation was regarding him playing as a deep lying playmaker? you quoted that post and stated he's played there most of the time.

So what if he's played centrally in an attacking role? that has no relevance to whether or not he can play in a deep lying position which was what Gutter Boy said.

but the conversation was regarding him playing as a deep lying playmaker? you quoted that post and stated he's played there most of the time.

So what if he's played centrally in an attacking role? that has no relevance to whether or not he can play in a deep lying position which was what Gutter Boy said.

i dont see why he shouldn't be able to play a deep lying role. Depends what you consider a deep lying role, he said Modric/Xavi.. two players who play NOTHING like eachother. When I watch Roma, Pjanic is in the middle of the field, occasionally running past players but usually just passing the ball off to Lamela, Destro, Totti etc. whoever is in front of him.

i dont see why he shouldn't be able to play a deep lying role. Depends what you consider a deep lying role, he said Modric/Xavi.. two players who play NOTHING like eachother. When I watch Roma, Pjanic is in the middle of the field, occasionally running past players but usually just passing the ball off to Lamela, Destro, Totti etc. whoever is in front of him.

because from what I've seen he has no tactical discipline. He wonders all over the pitch and pretty much does what he wants which was why Roma, altough very entertaining to watch seemed like they had no game plan, nothing. He's extremely talented but comparing him to Luka or Xavi is an insult being that those two actually go out with a game plan and give a fudge about tactics and the shape of the team.

I'm all for a player given licence to roam but FROM A WING POSITION.

because from what I've seen he has no tactical discipline. He wonders all over the pitch and pretty much does what he wants which was why Roma, altough very entertaining to watch seemed like they had no game plan, nothing. He's extremely talented but comparing him to Luka or Xavi is an insult being that those two actually go out with a game plan and give a fudge about tactics and the shape of the team.

I'm all for a player given licence to roam but FROM A WING POSITION.

you can be taught tactical discipline. The fact he'd have two of Paulinho/Dembele/Sandro next to him would help. I agree, comparing him to Luka or Xavi is insulting, so I'm glad no one has, he will never be on the level of either. We won't be signing him anyway so the debate is pointless.

On to the next link.

Pjanic has said he doesn't really enjoy playing wide. It doesn't matter anyway as there's no way we're signing him.

but we dont play with much width from our attackers under AVB......any true width comes from the full backs

What happened to the link with Rebic?

Watching Croatia U20s at the world cup he looks very impressive, maybe talk died down due to him being away, maybe he will be coming in after? or maybe it all was just a ploy to try get other clubs interested and it backfired?

Watching Croatia U20s at the world cup he looks very impressive, maybe talk died down due to him being away, maybe he will be coming in after? or maybe it all was just a ploy to try get other clubs interested and it backfired?

Is that the one that AVB didn't even know who he was?

plus we are probably banking on the fact that Bale will go in 1-2 years time, and that will be a lump sum of 80-100 million coming into the club, most likely in installments, but still its future income that we can now gamble against

id be very surprised to see Levy gamble in such a way - any number of things could happen between now and two seasons time (or one, whatever) which could dramatically affect Bales value. whilst it's likely he will still be at a similar level/value - id imagine it's nowhere near enough of a certainty, in business terms, for a genuine businessman (Levy) to bank on.

id be very surprised to see Levy gamble in such a way - any number of things could happen between now and two seasons time (or one, whatever) which could dramatically affect Bales value. whilst it's likely he will still be at a similar level/value - id imagine it's nowhere near enough of a certainty, in business terms, for a genuine businessman (Levy) to bank on.
Absolutely right. I don't know what Bale's asset value currently is on our books, but I'll bet it's nowhere near the figures being thrown around in the press. And it's that asset value that Levy will take into consideration when making decisions, not some tabloid journo's speculation about how much Bale is worth to a team that doesn't appear to have even made a formal bid for him (and may well not).

its a Levy calculated gamble. Safe as houses;)

plus we are probably banking on the fact that Bale will go in 1-2 years time, and that will be a lump sum of 80-100 million coming into the club, most likely in installments, but still its future income that we can now gamble against

plus if Halilovic becomes anything like the player most think he will be, we will already have a replacement for Bale. Not similar players, but in terms of impact he could be the one to count on

There is not the remotest chance that Levy would gamble like that!

There is not the remotest chance that Levy would gamble like that!

he is not going to spend 80-100 mill because thats what he will receive for Bale in the future, no, but i do think he might extend the current budget this summer by lets say 30 mill knowing that we have a massive asset on our books in Bale. Thats all

he is not going to spend 80-100 mill because thats what he will receive for Bale in the future, no, but i do think he might extend the current budget this summer by lets say 30 mill knowing that we have a massive asset on our books in Bale. Thats all

An asset who could do his ACL on the first day of pre-season training, thereby lose his acceleration and seeing his value plummet?

I wouldn't be against effectively trading Dempsey for him. A young left inside forward who will probably develop into a #9 would be quite useful.

do you think we'll end up signing a wide player or do you think AVB is happy with Lennon/Townsend/Sigurdsson/Dempsey to play there for now?

I know KD and others disagree, but I still think we'll use Villa on the left and sign another CF (Soldado/Leandro).

Yeah - AVB's mate Jason Burt has said that Pjanic and Bernard were really last summer's targets (when the spotlight was instead allowed to linger on Moutinho and Willian).

Paulinho and Halilovic seem to be this summer's versions.

Halilovic wasn't this summer's version though as Dinamo say the deal is he gets loaned back for a season!

Back