• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Blue & Yellow ITK Bonanza Thread

or Vert as back up to left back because we know have good depth at centre half with arrival of Chiriches?

Thought that but it goes against the 'two players per position' thing which most people believe in (and I think AVB has mentioned it before)

as well as Naughton if really needed. I have no problem with that. I am happy with Rose at left back, I'm happy with Vertonghen to play there occasionally and i don't even mind Naughton playing there or Naughton as a player personally, I like his passing ability, he is a clever player.

as well as Naughton if really needed. I have no problem with that. I am happy with Rose at left back, I'm happy with Vertonghen to play there occasionally and i don't even mind Naughton playing there or Naughton as a player personally, I like his passing ability, he is a clever player.

agree again.

Someone on SC:

Chiriches a guest at the game tomorrow and Fryers to go out on loan

The loans of Caulker, Walker and potentially Rose and Townsend have gone very, very well. Did not see enough of Fryers pre-season to form an opinion but it is a well trodden and good path he could be on.

Galahad the Gnome: COYS said:
Sorry to all COYSers. Never crossed my mind there was time for a hijack.

Er, of course there is time for a hijack. There's always time for something to go pear shaped. That is precisely what frigs people off, the ITKs always say it is "done" when all they mean is we are talking and things look positive. Mongs.

Thought that but it goes against the 'two players per position' thing which most people believe in (and I think AVB has mentioned it before)

Mourinho says he only wants 22 in his squad. Rules are 25 and AVB says he wants 3 goalies.

I don't normally form an opinion after one game but Naughton went way up in my estimation after Thursday. Fingers crossed.

I don't normally form an opinion after one game but Naughton went way up in my estimation after Thursday. Fingers crossed.

he was certainly good at right back. He hasn't played too much there for us. I can only remember one league game he played there last year and that was Fulham away when we won 3-0 and he was solid. Cleansheet too. Not sure why he didn't play there more often, Walker tends to play about 50 games a season and it's ridiculous.

All-too easy to believe

I completely believe it, good to know that wasn't just us they are trying to screw over if so but I'd love to know who else it had stopped. It would also make sense that they did it when they did, to let certain deals progress to a point to have maximum impact when they get scuppered.

So I guess it obviously stops Bale to Madrid, and then also Lamela to us, potentially Coentrao to us also. Also scuppers Benzema to Arsenal, Suarez to Madrid maybe Di Maria out. Any others?

Mourinho says he only wants 22 in his squad. Rules are 25 and AVB says he wants 3 goalies.

I wasn't talking about Mourinho. All I said was that AVB said something a while ago about 2 players per position and therefore loaning Fryers would leave us an LB (or a CB if you count Verts as a LB and if you assume we sign the romanian) short

Rose looks like a liability to me. Does some things well and his pace is helpful, however every time he goes in for a challenge or closes someone down I think he looks like a red card waiting to happen

Emanuel Roşu ‏@Emishor 1m
Reghecampf: 'Owner Becali told me there's an agreement between the clubs, Vlad will leave after the game vs Legia'

Reghecampf: "We can consider the deal for Chiriches done, great news for the boy. The money will help us a lot"

Sensational buy for Tottenham, Chiriches is really, really good. You will fall in love with him shortly. #thfc

Followed by some tweets from his agent saying yeah fee is agreed but terms not yet done and people shouldn't be announcing things lol!

Last edited:
Reghecampf: 'Owner Becali told me there's an agreement between the clubs, Vlad will leave after the game vs Legia'

Reghecampf: "We can consider the deal for Chiriches done, great news for the boy. The money will help us a lot"

Sensational buy for Tottenham, Chiriches is really, really good. You will fall in love with him shortly. #thfc

I don't want to get sucked on by this stuff but I always do. Any word on price?

Steaua general manager: "If you don't know the fee for Chiriches, I'll tell you, 9.5 million euros."

If he turns into a decent CB then that's a bargain. Wonder whether its deliberate that we'll then have two mobile, smaller, ball-playing CBs in Verts and Chiriches, and two much taller, aerially superior CBs in Kaboom and Daws. I doubt it given how meticulous AVB plans things!! Maybe that's part of the reason Caulker left - didn't fit the blend of CBs which AVB wanted (?)

I know youtube is dirty word in here but he looks absolute quality on the ball and coming out from the back.

Yeah, insane dribbling skills for a centre-back. With him and Jan we'd have a real classy ball-playing defence

Rose looks like a liability to me. Does some things well and his pace is helpful, however every time he goes in for a challenge or closes someone down I think he looks like a red card waiting to happen

its about attacking wingbacks with AVB i think. more skewed in attack, lots of speed and great engine to get back into position to defend. with CBs and DMs ready to cover down the flanks to defend. i believe capoue is faster and better than sandro in this role.

Back