• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Blue & Yellow ITK Bonanza Thread

Remember that line of AVB's in a recent press conference about the price premium on English players? I'm half-convinced that was a veiled reference to Shaw. Rumours (paper talk and message board chat, basically) seemed to suggest that Southampton were asking a small fortune for him. And in fairness, if Southampton want double the amount that we could buy Coentrao for, AVB is probably making the right decision.

Disclaimer: Just like 95% of what gets discussed here during the transfer window, this is all pure speculation based on internet boll**ks.

Yeah, Soton are no longer skint members and ripe for picking, either.

But the dough we are spending now makes me ache a little for Shaw.

Who: The Goat
When: 20th August
Where: SC

The Goat hears that South Coast Big Club are expecting a couple of mill from Spurs over a player, our source doesnt say Bale but 2+2 is generally 4.
The Goat, 36 minutes ago #1

This is down to FIFA regulations over international transfers and their youth clubs getting a small percentage.
I remember this from Irish youth clubs getting a relative fortune from Keane and Duff transfers - http://www.irishexaminer.com/archiv...ne-transfer-boosts-junior-clubs-60160667.html

When Southampton were broke a few years ago, we paid them £2m to wipe out all the add ons they could potentially expect. They did themselves out of any sell on fee then.

When Southampton were broke a few years ago, we paid them £2m to wipe out all the add ons they could potentially expect. They did themselves out of any sell on fee then.

It's not a sell on fee, it's a training fee. It's mandatory. It's usually a very small percentage however in a deal like this it could mean 2-3m.

It's not the first time it's been mentioned this summer though, it's hardly new 'ITK'...

It's not a sell on fee, it's a training fee. It's mandatory. It's usually a very small percentage however in a deal like this it could mean 2-3m.

It's not the first time it's been mentioned this summer though, it's hardly new 'ITK'...

Ok.

But the mugs are going to lose out on more than £20m (well 25% of the final fee) by taking that £2m.

This isn't a sell on fee which you've correctly stated has been wiped clean. They're still entitled to 2% due to some sort of FIFA regulation stating the team that's nurtured the player through his youth years are entitled to be compensated.

This isn't a sell on fee which you've correctly stated has been wiped clean. They're still entitled to 2% due to some sort of FIFA regulation stating the team that's nurtured the player through his youth years are entitled to be compensated.

Good rule, that. Shame SCBC benefit from it, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordinho
The Goat has been told that there is a further CF relating to Ade's pending transfer, which in turn relates to Fenerbache's continued participation in the Champions League, although other offers for him also in early stages.
Leandro Damiao come on down...

Would be classic Levy if after all this we went in and got a deadline day deal for someone like Troy Deeney

Who: HisJJness

JJetset said: ↑

GB and entourage still want the move and all that however the deal is NOT yet done and Madrid may walk away and Daniel will be in a right mess.

JJetset said: ↑

ok when i say mess i mean his mental state for balancing the book for Joe!
I cant see a downside to this as it means we have brought in 4 good players so far plus we keep our gem.

Who: Jasper

Bale's situation is very simple. The club made a statement that he is not for sale. I posted upon what I heard similar. RM simply have to put the money on the table, and as of today confirmation was being sought from a financial authority regardless of what others are saying. I pm'd a few on Friday with developments and it was expected to of been public knowledge of sale by now.

That has not happened and RM would love the world to believe it is the club being difficult when actually it is not. From the staff's position they rather him go and move on. The spend was not and is not dependent on Bale either staying or going. If he stays they still want to pursue Lamela. For those who want to question the validity of this all I can say is you can take it with a ton of salt or appreciate that this has not just been shared in good faith but from as far as I am concerned highly reliable sources.

Who: Ryantegan
When; August 20th

ryantegan said: ↑

Anyways. Pinch of salt in one hand please and the knowledge in the other that I should have probably goated. This is because its fairly obvious whose opinion this is.

1. Andros Townsend and Jermain Defoe are available but neither want to play for QPR this season. Townsend compares himself to Sterling and believes that he can be on the plane to Rio. fair play to him for that, but he wants out.

2. The circles with which my source (;)) speaks in believe that Gareth Bale has not been sold as of today, yesterday or last week. Its also suggested that they expect Bale to NOT BE SOLD!!! Madrid have neither met our asking price nor provided any guarantees that they can make the payments anyway

3. My source also feels that we are spending the way we are because of an interest free loan from Big Joe. We pay him back once the stadium is completed and were top dogs in Europe. (ok I made the top dogs thing up) Our books will look A-OK because FFP doesnt prevent this kind of investment just yet

COYS

The Joe Lewis loan story has come from (or been repeated by) several sources now. Assuming for a second it's true, my question would be why now? Is there specific opportunity or set of circumstances that make now a better time to invest in the team than any other in the past 12 years?

Also I would assume it should be possible to verify whether it's true when the next set of accounts are published.

The Joe Lewis loan story has come from (or been repeated by) several sources now. Assuming for a second it's true, my question would be why now? Is there specific opportunity or set of circumstances that make now a better time to invest in the team than any other in the past 12 years?

Also I would assume it should be possible to verify whether it's true when the next set of accounts are published.

Maybe not compared to the past 12 years, though it seems the sugar daddy clubs are done spending for now, making it possible for us to get some deals done, but with FFP about to hit fully we might not get another chance.

article-2267000-171C3C88000005DC-690_306x423.jpg

If I were Joe i would just want to take the opportunity of building around a superstar who we've had the good fortune to buy for dirt cheap. Seems now would be the time for that.

The results over the last few years show we are consistently in the mix
New TV Deal
Huge Merchandising and marketing opportunity in the US (NBC picking up EPL is huge)

Back