• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Blue & Yellow ITK Bonanza Thread

Who: Jasper
When: 11th August
Where: SO

On Benny: Staff and medics do not believe he is 100% and have not been for past year due to persistent same injury. Benny believes he is fit but there is differing opinions within, and AVB would not alienate a player to spite him if he believes he was fit.

My first ever ITK. My friend who I play Saturday morning games with went to dinner with a friend of Bale's agent in NYC a couple of weeks back. The guy said that the price has been agreed between the two clubs. 80 million pounds plus 40 millions in adds-on. Of course, I don't believe the flimflam. If the price has been agreed then what is holding back the deal. Leaving it too late in the window does not really benefit us. Plus, it does not make sense to Real to buy Bale when Ronaldo is the star. In pre-season games, Ronaldo is taking all the free-kicks and tried many long shots. Ronaldo would be tinkled off to share the direct free-kick duties with Bale.

My first ever ITK. My friend who I play Saturday morning games with went to dinner with a friend of Bale's agent in NYC a couple of weeks back. The guy said that the price has been agreed between the two clubs. 80 million pounds plus 40 millions in adds-on. Of course, I don't believe the flimflam. If the price has been agreed then what is holding back the deal. Leaving it too late in the window does not really benefit us. Plus, it does not make sense to Real to buy Bale when Ronaldo is the star. In pre-season games, Ronaldo is taking all the free-kicks and tried many long shots. Ronaldo would be tinkled off to share the direct free-kick duties with Bale.

More importantly, you wouldn't have had Perez in effect saying that no-one is worth 100m if they were about to buy him for more than that

That said, I do wonder where we're getting all the cash which we're spending from

Jesus titty fudging Christ :eek:

(If true)

The only sense that it makes is commercial. But then again regardless as to who they already have who on Earth wouldn't want Bale?

Calderon spoke on Revisita of how when he first approached Utd and Ronaldo it looked pretty much concrete that he wouldn't move that year (2008) so they agreed for Ronaldo to move the next year, even agreed the fee in advance. I could be clutching at straws but I get the feeling that this could happen and if I'm honest it'd most probably be best for all parties involved.

More importantly, you wouldn't have had Perez in effect saying that no-one is worth 100m if they were about to buy him for more than that

That said, I do wonder where we're getting all the cash which we're spending from

I do wonder the same thing. Where is the money coming from considering the new stadium project? It is unlike Spurs/Levy to report huge-loss in the earning report. Spurs pay out a lot of dividends every year. So a lot of our transfer surpluses would have already been spent on dividends.

I am not saying Bale and Ronaldo can't play in the same team but the free kick issue is a MAJOR big deal. Ego will come into it also.

I do wonder the same thing. Where is the money coming from considering the new stadium project? It is unlike Spurs/Levy to report huge-loss in the earning report. Spurs pay out a lot of dividends every year. So a lot of our transfer surpluses would have already been spent on dividends.

No they dont. They paid out one messily dividend in 2008 and that was that.

And transfer fees are amortised over the length of their contract so we wont make a loss due to this years transfers.
And we've only spent 35m net on transfer this summer. Thats similiar to the increase in TV money we're getting.

And since this is the ITK thread there's a load of talk about Lewis loaning the club interest free 50m.

I think this spending splurge isn't necessarily on the back of Bale's transfer to RM, though it could be. It's likely that at least some of the transfer fees are instalments and could be easily covered by the increase in TV money. We might be in for a few quiet transfer windows ahead and we have chosen to front load the spending.

Last edited:
I think this spending splurge isn't necessarily on the back of Bale's transfer to RM, though it could be. It's likely that at least some of the transfer fees are instalments and could be easily covered by the increase in TV money. We might be in for a few quiet transfer windows ahead and we have chosen to front load the spending.

This year is the "push."

Last edited:
And transfer fees are amortised over the length of their contract so we wont make a loss due to this years transfers.
And we've only spent 35m net on transfer this summer. Thats similiar to the increase in TV money we're getting.

And since this is the ITK thread there's a load of talk about Lewis loaning the club interest free 50m.

My thoughts exactly :eek:

Hertyid on COYS:

Word is this [Halilovic] is now done. Fee agreed. Coach doesn't want to sell but Mamic wants the cash.

Grey Fox on SC:

I had seen Benny' tweet and after Blake Griffin's post I checked with my contact. He said Benny still has a niggling injury from last season not 100% fit and AVB won't play anyone unless he is desperate if not fully fit. He is not sure he would pass a medical if sold

As a PS the new signings and those coming back from injury will get game time in the Europa games to help with come backs and to get used to each other doubt if the likes of Sandro and Kaboul will start against Palace

Hertyid on COYS:

Word is this [Halilovic] is now done. Fee agreed. Coach doesn't want to sell but Mamic wants the cash.

We'd agreed the fee for the joint deal before.
It seemed to all fall down when it came to personal dealings with the kids and their families/representatives.
So, once bitten twice shy.

To me this does make sense and really DOES benefit us. We are actively signing players in this transfer window. If we sell Bale early teams will know we have 80 Million + to spend and so will hold out for more that the player is worth.

By agreeing a price / deal with RM... but not finalising things till AFTER we have concluded all our incomings we cannot me held to ransom.

To me it seems that the likelyhood is that this is the case. We are definately spending a lot of money right now.... and it seems have more players coming in. I for one would not be surprised to then see Bale 'suddenly' sold towards the end of the transfer window

I would not be surprised to learn later that AVB has been told, 'we have agreed to sell Bale for 80 million, plus you have a budget of 30 million so go and buy the players you think you need to challenge for top 4 knowing you will not have Bale'

By agreeing a price / deal with RM... but not finalising things till AFTER we have concluded all our incomings we cannot me held to ransom.

To me it seems that the likelyhood is that this is the case. We are definately spending a lot of money right now.... and it seems have more players coming in. I for one would not be surprised to then see Bale 'suddenly' sold towards the end of the transfer window

The problem with this is that you can verbally agree a price but nothing is final or binding until its signed. We could agree the price with RM, then go out and spend the cash only for RM to come back after we've spent it and say 'sorry, we're only offering £10m less than we said before'

Also Levy isnt the sort of person to spend money until he's got it, especially in these quantities - too much of a risk

Who: Jasper
When: 11th August
Where: SO

On Benny: Staff and medics do not believe he is 100% and have not been for past year due to persistent same injury. Benny believes he is fit but there is differing opinions within, and AVB would not alienate a player to spite him if he believes he was fit.

Posted in the Rose thread:
http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/t..._fairly_for_left_back_spot_at_spurs_1_2329877

Sounds ominous for BAE and could it be he is digging his heels in and refusing to go? Maybe the club let these quotes go out to gee him up a bit?

To me this does make sense and really DOES benefit us. We are actively signing players in this transfer window. If we sell Bale early teams will know we have 80 Million + to spend and so will hold out for more that the player is worth.

I would not be surprised to learn later that AVB has been told, 'we have agreed to sell Bale for 80 million, plus you have a budget of 30 million so go and buy the players you think you need to challenge for top 4 knowing you will not have Bale'

I posted in another thread details of our last 2 years of transfer deals. We have spent £28 mill net (assuming Capoue will cost £9m). TV money this year is £25 mill I believe so over 2 years a net spend of £3 mill and we have a bit of selling to do.

Back