• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best Tottenham fan in the world thread

Vermaelen was voted into PFA team of the season two years ago. That means his fellow pros felt he was one of the two best centre-backs in the country that season. Hardly average. Whatever you might think about Walcott, Arshavin and Song (easy to slag them off when they're hopelessly out of form), they deliver plenty of end product over the course of a season. Let me put it into context. Bale since the start of the 2010-11 season has a goals + assists total of 28. Walcott has 29. Lennon only has 13. At the end of the day, it's end product that wins you matches.

And how many matches did they win against us since Keane make that comment? One, in 5, losing 3 of them.

Kaboul, Bale, Walker etc did not become excellent players overnight...Keane played with our squad every day, and obviously saw something that the GG wolves didnt.

All Ive said in this, is that he had a point, and that has been proven to be true. Our squad has proven to be stronger, with very few additions, while theirs has gone to sh#t with very few leaving.

That is pathetic, to say that somebody is a Gooner because they've actually noticed that, despite being hopelessly out of form now, a lot of their players are actually quite good. What do you think my username stands for FFS :ross:

Spunking Uncontrollably In Your Hairy Arse?

Or maybe, just maybe....

Stand up if you hate Arsenal.

I feel quite unwell now - I'm going for a back crack and sack wax

Jesus that is awful, fella thinks he's a big shot!

'Big up Pat Rice'

all he forgot was a swift brrrraaaapppppp
Without a shadow of a doubt the muggiest clip I've ever seen , I was waiting for him to stop and say " actually this is a tinkle take and parody of a typical arsenal tosser, then take off the tracksuit to reveal a spurs shirt and go and have a slash against the statue of Henry . Then again we wudnt let a kunt like that wear our colours ... Can you imagine this geezers muggsville pals .... It's fukkin mind-blowing . ( also tomorrow is it our biggest match in recent history.) I think it is COYFS

And how many matches did they win against us since Keane make that comment? One, in 5, losing 3 of them.

Kaboul, Bale, Walker etc did not become excellent players overnight...Keane played with our squad every day, and obviously saw something that the GG wolves didnt.

All Ive said in this, is that he had a point, and that has been proven to be true. Our squad has proven to be stronger, with very few additions, while theirs has gone to sh#t with very few leaving.

Why do you keep bringing up the head-to-head? Everton have won five out of their last six against Emirates Marketing Project, does that mean they've got a better squad? You need to look at where the teams finished in the league, as only a 38 game season shows who the best squad really is. And they finished above us that year. Same with the year before, same with the year after.

We've only made a few additions - but a lot of them (Adebayor, VdV, Parker, Friedel etc) have become some of our best players. Our squad has improved massively since October 2009. They few that they've lost (Fabregas, Nasri etc) have been some of their best players. Their squad has got a lot worse. You can't use what's happening now as means of comparison to October 2009 as the two teams are completely different propositions.

Like I said, I think they had a better mentality, which has seen them through since 2006, which allowed them to get through despite being on the slide.

I also think other teams approached them differently, the media talked about them differently. The Myth was bigger than the reality, and their players, fans and manager believed it. It helped them alot, despite the team being a fraction of the the 2001-4 sides.

Thats why I think they continued to finish above us, not because they had a far superior squad.

Now that is all different, and they are left with the bare bones of an inadequate team, and failing manager, split "support", and a league of opponents who dont fear the word arsenal in the fixture list anymore.

You back up my point. We have made very few additions, but the rest of the squad was good enough to see us where we are. They lost very few players, but the rest of their squad isnt good enough.

You say the teams now are "completely different" to 2009?

Spurs
Heurelho Gomes
Gareth Bale
Younes Kaboul
David Bentley
Tom Huddlestone
Aaron Lennon
Jermaine Jenas
Roman Pavlyuchenko
Wilson Palacios
Jimmy Walker

Luka Modrić
Peter Crouch
Jermain Defoe
Eidur Gudjohnsen (on loan from Monaco)
S?®bastien Bassong
Michael Dawson (Captain)
Niko Kranjčar
Vedran Ćorluka
Carlo Cudicini
Danny Rose
Ledley King (Club-Captain)
Ben Alnwick
Kyle Walker
Dorian Dervite
Beno?«t Assou-Ekotto
Jonathan Woodgate

arse
Almunia
Sagna
Gallas
Vermaelen
Clichy
Song
F?ábregas
Diaby
Nasri
Arshavin
Bendtner
Ebou?®
Rosick?¢
Eduardo
Walcott
Ramsey
Den?¡lson
van Persie
Silvestre
Vela
Traor?®
Fabiański
Mannone
M?®rida
Gibbs
Wheelchair
Senderos
Szczęsny
Djourou

Bolded players have left (although Im not sur about some of their reserves)

When Keane made the statement, who the f#ck was Wheelchair? Or Ramsey? You cant say that Bale, and Kaboul were not quality players then, yet count Arshavin and Walcott as somehow streets ahead of us??

RVP was also out for five months that season injured. Unfair to compare his input to this season too, if he was injured for most of the season.

Gallas, RVP, Nasri and Fabregas.

Feel free to show me anymore players from that squad, which were way better than ours. And please show me a stronger bench they could field.

This is getting boring going around in circles, but the fact is, over half of our starting XI (Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, Parker, Van Der Vaart and Adebayor) have been signed since that statement was made, as well as Gallas, Sandro and Saha who aren't first choice but have featured regularly when fit. Arguably you could count Bale as a player we have now that we didn't then because back then he was a poor left-back and now he's a world class winger. That's almost half of our squad, and the more important half too as they're first teamers. The players they've lost have been some of their best players, their match-winners, who made the squad what they were.

Why is it boring? Forget the team today.

Just show me from the 2009 squad lists the players who were head and shoulders above ours. I make it RVP and Fabregas (and thats with a huge dose of ignorance towards players like Modric and King)

All Ive said is that Keane had a point, and you have categorically denied that he had, yet you cant show me a much better starting line and bench, othet than the 4 players Ive already conceded were stand outs?

Back