• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Badger's Hole (ITK Thread)

No one competent does serious business in January. It's the 'Wonga window'.

I'm not suggesting we do lots of business this window (though a LB wouldn't go amiss)... I just miss the constant stream of ITK nonsense linking us to every decent player on the planet. It brought a smile to the face on a cold, damp January morning.

I agree but this window is really dull

At least there's football on though. The summer window kills the time when there are no games. It'll be better when UEFA starts again soon and we have two games a week again.

I'm not suggesting we do lots of business this window (though a LB wouldn't go amiss)... I just miss the constant stream of ITK nonsense linking us to every decent player on the planet. It brought a smile to the face on a cold, damp January morning.

Even the most creative one knows we won't be doing any business (we need to sell to buy, we've already got seven players trying to settle, we've got a temporary manager etc.) and will get ridiculed for suggesting overwise.

I'll go and write on a less reputable forum that we've got a £50m war chest and that Holtby is a sweetener for Draxler to come to us, not Arsenal, if you are that desperate.

Who: atlanta yid
Where: COYS
When: 17/01/14

Just a little info
As I said before AVB got the boot things at WHL are not good.
Things are not getting any better we have a number of senior players that are not happy we the way things are shaping up at the club.

Who: Ali Z

Ok as it stands we are looking to move on Holtby, Capoue if Napoli pay what we want, Chadli will most likely stay no firm interest.
A lot of senior players not happy as Atlanta said, guess by today's press conference you can see why.
If Tim stays in summer Baldini goes, very different views, Lamela is fit hence no urgent search for a striker but they are looking.
Incomings on Radar English number 2 keeper, old English LB and CH, though this may change if Baldini can influence matters.
We need more over 21 home grown players.

Just a little info
Things are not getting any better we have a number of senior players that are not happy we the way things are shaping up at the club.

Ok as it stands we are looking to move on Holtby, Capoue if Napoli pay what we want, Chadli will most likely stay no firm interest.
A lot of senior players not happy as Atlanta said, guess by today's press conference you can see why.
If Tim stays in summer Baldini goes, very different views, Lamela is fit hence no urgent search for a striker but they are looking.
Incomings on Radar English number 2 keeper, old English LB and CH, though this may change if Baldini can influence matters.

Are there any other old English LBs still playing other than Ashley Cole? Now that would be Sherwood's death knell

So are the senior players unhappy that AVB is gone and Timmy's in and it's all gone a bit amateur hour?

Or are they unhappy that AVB/Baldini brought in a bunch of players and a system that they aren't enjoying?

Just a little info

Our club is becoming (or is already) a mess isnt it? Wasnt pleased with TS' appointment and am scared that he'll dismantle the decent squad that we've built. Fingers crossed LVG will come in this summer

So are the senior players unhappy that AVB is gone and Timmy's in and it's all gone a bit amateur hour?

Or are they unhappy that AVB/Baldini brought in a bunch of players and a system that they aren't enjoying?

GHod knows its all just made up any way, so just pick a answer that suits you and pretend its a fact.

As AVB brought in a good 3/5 of our squad, you'd imagine the former.

That wasn't about those players directly though was it?
Thought it was about any player that wanted to leave to get first football in the run up to the WC

He said "if they are the ones I don't want...(small pause as he thinks how to carry on)...to take us forwards". If I knew that's how my manager felt about me then I'd be angling for a move ASAP, sounds like TS has his mind set.

He said "if they are the ones I don't want...(small pause as he thinks how to carry on)...to take us forwards". If I knew that's how my manager felt about me then I'd be angling for a move ASAP, sounds like TS has his mind set.

Isn't that the case with any player that doesn't feature in a manager's plans?

What I mean is he was rather blunt on the subject. No stepping around the subject, simply said "if you aren't in my plans I don't want you". In some of his interviews he has said he is only getting to know the players now, so it seems he's being rather premature in his judgements or (and more likely) he already knows all he needs to know and has a clear plan. If this isn't the man who will take us into next season though, I don't want him alienating players that could still be important to the next managers plans. The summer for me is when all ins and outs should be done.

What I mean is he was rather blunt on the subject. No stepping around the subject, simply said "if you aren't in my plans I don't want you". In some of his interviews he has said he is only getting to know the players now, so it seems he's being rather premature in his judgements or (and more likely) he already knows all he needs to know and has a clear plan. If this isn't the man who will take us into next season though, I don't want him alienating players that could still be important to the next managers plans. The summer for me is when all ins and outs should be done.

I know what you mean. Unless we have a really poor second half of the season, I think that he will be in charge next season. He is certainly talking like it and I do not think that we would be selling players if we had a new manager coming in this summer. If that is the case, then I think that he should be allowed to shape his squad the same as any other manager would expect to be able to do.

I've found it. He said this about Holtby/Capoue/Chadli/Lamela:

Q - Will you be willing to let them go

A = "Yes, absolutely. As long as they're the players I don't want to take us forwards, then I'm happy (to sell them)."

Can you please link a source to this that includes those player names?

If the quote was in general about players and you added those names yourself I think that's very misleading.

Back