• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

Odemwingie's 31, and he's not even the kind of striker we want and would not go cheap either. Is that Jonas of Valencia? Good player but again, not leading the line in the premier league. Not sure about Remy's capabilities either to be honest, but questions have been raised as to his best position. Huntelaar would be a good option but not the solution imo also. Haven't seen enough of Doumbia to judge, Chelsea won't sell Sturridge to us and Damiao is way out of our price range, much too late on that one. 12m bid rejected for Fletcher which makes it waaaay too much for us and Berbatov won't come back here.

That leaves Ade, Negredo, Soldado out of the list. Ade is very much a possibility and then I believe it's up to us to go down the list of the strikers with potential who haven't set the world on fire yet ie the Nelson Oliveira Wolfswinkel Luuk De Jong kind of player, someone who can learn from Ade and steadily get more and more game time...

Didn't realise Odemwingie was that old. Scrap him then. As for the others, you must remember we are not comparing them to the glamour options Lewandowski/Falcao etc, but instead to what we currently have which is Defoe/Kane. £12m for Fletcher sounds like a lot but if we stick with Defoe and Kane we will struggle to finish in the top half, I would sooner spend £20m on Fletcher than accept that those two are all we have for the first half of the season. Thankfully, it's not a one or the other choice, but as August 31st gets closer less options are becoming available and we have to do what's best for the club. I don't think Chelsea would refuse to sell to us if they felt the offer was good, they let Benayoun go to Arsenal last season after all.

Good shout with Van Wolfswinkel, but the other two have just joined other clubs this summer.

Adebayor
Damiao
Doumbia
Huntelaar
Negredo
Soldado
Jonas
Sturridge
Remy
Van Wolfswinkel
Fletcher
Berbatov
Toivonen
Matavz
Matias Suarez
Cardozo

Can we get 4 more?

Matri
Pazzini
Quagliarella
Milito
Jovetic
Necid

Stefan Kießling

Stefan_Kie%C3%9Fling.jpg

or the guy behind him. :D

Pazzini is a class striker.

Sign him up, Him and Cassano had the best strike partnership in Europe at Sampdoria, With them, They finished 4th in the league.
After they left, They got relegated.

:ross:

Pazzini is available too...lovely finisher and decent outside the box too. Very under-rated

No Matri because Juve's top scorer will not be coming to us. No Mayuka because he's too small to play the role we'll want him to play.

Adebayor
Damiao
Doumbia
Huntelaar
Negredo
Soldado
Jonas
Sturridge
Remy
Van Wolfswinkel
Fletcher
Berbatov
Toivonen
Matavz
Matias Suarez
Cardozo
Pazzini
Quagliarella
Milito
Jovetic
Necid
Stefan Kießling
Mirallas

That's 23. I wonder if we could even get it to 30?

If Levy/AVB don't have an answer for every single one of these players about their availability in the transfer market and why they haven't yet come to Spurs then I will start to lose my faith in their ability to lead this club forward. Because if we can identify this many transfer targets then they should be able to do even better and results have been poor so far.

Adebayor
Damiao
Doumbia
Huntelaar
Negredo
Soldado
Jonas
Sturridge
Remy
Van Wolfswinkel
Fletcher
Berbatov
Toivonen
Matavz
Matias Suarez
Cardozo
Pazzini
Quagliarella
Milito
Jovetic
Necid
Stefan Kießling
Mirallas
Llorente
Ba

That's 25. Added Llorente and Demba "available for 7 million" Ba

Matri
Pazzini
Quagliarella
Milito
Jovetic
Necid

Stefan Kießling

or the guy behind him. :D
Whenever i've watched quaqilerlla he has failed to impress me, you probably know more about him though, not sure we'd be able to afford jovetic unless fiorintina have financial trouble (and if they do juventus will just take him)

Back