• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Juniors/on-loan thread 2013/14

Yeah, cheers for the reports mate!

Interesting to hear such high praise of Onomah again, he's seemingly been fast-tracked through the youth ranks and is playing a couple of years ahead of his age at this point.

Having watched 3 games with him (and possibly more before?) how would you describe him as a player?

Those three games are really all I've seen of him, other than 30 minutes against Barcelona in the NextGen Series a year ago (which was an under-19s tournament too). Incredibly he was just 15 and a half years old in that game - a full four years behind the likes of other players in that game like Alex Pritchard.

He seems to have an incredible sense of balance, which coupled with his close control and dribbling skills make him very easy on the eye. For me, players that can beat opponents in central positions will always stand out - it's what I liked the most about Ross Barkley after watching him in an otherwise terrible England Under-20s team in the World Cup last summer.

The obvious comparision to him in our squad at the moment would be Dembélé, particularly as I've read about Onomah being played up front for us a few times (he came on for Coulibaly for instance in the NextGen game). His runs seemed more penetrative than Dembélé's, but he has less defensive responsiblities than Mousa does with two men behind him.

Hopefully he keeps improving; it must be absolutely massive for players around his age group to see Bentaleb being trusted in first-team games. There's always a bit of a glass ceiling for youth teamers at big clubs like us and while Bentaleb hasn't quite smashed it, he's certainly made it seem more permeable.

Went to the Amex yesterday. Obika is a non league player. Terrible

Been saying this for ages. Its logical though that only a small number of players from each youth theam age group on average should make it to be a pro - otherwise you would have about dozens and dozens of senior players per professional team. There's certain players who've come through or are coming through at Spurs who should make it - Townsend, Carroll, Bentaleb and probably Pritchard, Fryers plus perhaps Ceballos and a few others. Personally I dont see Obika coming close to being better than conference standar

I see that coulthirst got a goal for orient. Put through he tried to round the keeper but the keeper got a little of it but he still got around him and was composed to beat the defender on the line.

Shaq Coulthirst bagged his first goal for Leyton Orient on another busy weekend for our loanees.

Our young striker stepped off the bench with six minutes remaining of Orient’s comfortable home win over Carlisle United and promptly got himself on the scoresheet. He rounded goalkeeper Greg Fleming to net the fourth goal of his loan club’s 4-0 victory in League One.

Shaq had maintained a watching brief from the bench in midweek as the O’s won 2-0 at Shrewsbury.

Elsewhere in League One, Grant Hall, Alex Pritchard and Ryan Mason all started for Swindon Town in their 2-1 victory against Peterborough United on Saturday.

Alex and Ryan were substituted during the second period as Mark Cooper’s men ensured they kept their noses in front.

In the Championship, Jon Obika made his debut for Brighton & Hove Albion, stepping off the bench in the 63rd minute of his side’s 1-0 win over Birmingham City.

Jon set up a good chance for David Lopez to double his tally having put the Seagulls ahead earlier in the game, but the Brighton goalscorer was unable to find the target a second time.

Bongani Khumalo returned to action for Doncaster Rovers but was unable to prevent his side from slipping to defeat at Blackburn Rovers, the match ending 1-0.

There was better luck for Tom Carroll and Benoit Assou-Ekotto, however, as they both played the full 90 minutes of Queens Park Rangers’ 3-1 victory at Ipswich Town.

In the Premier League, Jake Livermore went close for Hull City in the first half of their 2-0 home reverse against Chelsea. He forced Blues goalkeeper Petr Cech to make a save, but two second half goals consigned Jake and his colleagues to defeat.

In the Skrill Conference Premier, Lawrence Vigouroux’s Hyde FC earned a point from a 1-1 draw at Southport – the Tigers having led at the break before being pegged back 13 minutes from time.

Elsewhere, Iago Falque was an unused substitute for Rayo Vallecano in their 1-0 win at Getafe in Spain.

Tonight's Spurs U21 squad v Saudi Sportswashing Machine:

Archer, Coulibaly, Fryers, Gallifuoco, Kane, Lameiras, McEneff, McEvoy, Miles, Smith, Stewart, Townsend, Veljkovic, Ward.

Nice to see Shaq scored for Orient, from the few games I have seen of them, I think he is the better prospect out of him and Obika

Tonight's Barclays U21 PL fixture against Saudi Sportswashing Machine has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at Bishop's Stortford's ProKit UK Stadium.

Tonight's Barclays U21 PL fixture against Saudi Sportswashing Machine has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at Bishop's Stortford's ProKit UK Stadium.

Re-arranged for today at Hotspur Way, KO 12:00.

That's just over an hour from now, so if you're in the area you might want to pop down.

Tottenham Hotspur U21s v Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Archer

Smith, Fryers, Veljkovic, Stewart

Gallifuoco, McEvoy, Ward

Coulibaly, Kane, Townsend

Subs: Miles (GK), McEneff, Lameiras, Michael-Percil, Joe Pritchard​

Last edited:
22 mins

Spurs U21 2-0 Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Harry Kane releases Andros Townsend who cuts in from the left and rifles a low dipping shot home

24 mins

Spurs 3 Saudi Sportswashing Machine 0

Townsend crosses, Kane challenges the keeper and McEvoy smashes the loose ball home

27 mins
Spurs 4 Saudi Sportswashing Machine 0

Harry Kane turns and produces a stunning dipping shot from just left of the area.

I know its not about results, but there is nothing like a good thrashing.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

Back