• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Juniors/on-loan thread 2013/14

Kane's coming to the point where we'll have to sell him just to gain as much value as we can out of him. He needs to be the main man somewhere to develop his career further, something he unfortunately will never get here at Spurs. So it's best for all parties if he moves on permanently either this winter or next summer at the latest. Judging by his loan performances, he's eminently comfortable with the Championship, and is a surprisingly good-hold up player. So I can see us moving him on to an upper or lower mid-table Championship club (Leicester, Millwall, Leeds, Huddersfield, Brighton et al) for somewhere around 1.5- 2 million quid.

I think we might struggle to attract young players in the future because they may think they will just be loaned out in a moneyball type sitaution for the club to try and make a profit on them.

Because we sent a 20 year old Spanish player to a newly promoted team in the top Portugese division?

In recent years we've brought through Bale and Walker into the first team. Bale is a superstar and Walker is closing in on a squad place for England for the World Cup. Danny Rose is now our first choice left back. In addition we helped Steven Caulker become a £9m young central defender. If it doesn't work out for Andros Townsend at Spurs he'll likely have mid table PL clubs (at least) fighting for his signature. We've also helped Kyle Naughton reach a PL level, I'm not sure he'll stay at Spurs forever, but he'll likely end up a PL player too.

All those have either been our academy players or players that have been signed for their potential at a young age. I'm ignoring players that are young, but singed assuming that they'd make an impact soon or straight away like Sandro as we're obviously not struggling to attract those players based on this summer.

I think our reputation is fine, or even better than that actually. Which clubs do you think we can compare us to that have done better than us in recent years?

None in recent years.

Im more thinking towards the future and how things have gone over this window, think young players may start to think twice before coming to us. It is clear from remarks falque has made that even getting loans away for young players can be hard because of levy's tough stance on such matters.

Think we more then ever with young players are doing a buy to sell set up now. Is a shame because after the bostock and parrett deals did not come off we decided not to bring in youngsters for money but go after cheaper foreign youngsters. When i would have loved it if we had kept up that system and brought in redmond and butland and powell. Powell is my tip to be the next big player for england.

None in recent years.

Im more thinking towards the future and how things have gone over this window, think young players may start to think twice before coming to us. It is clear from remarks falque has made that even getting loans away for young players can be hard because of levy's tough stance on such matters.

Think we more then ever with young players are doing a buy to sell set up now. Is a shame because after the bostock and parrett deals did not come off we decided not to bring in youngsters for money but go after cheaper foreign youngsters. When i would have loved it if we had kept up that system and brought in redmond and butland and powell. Powell is my tip to be the next big player for england.

I don't understand why you think we'll struggle when you can't name any clubs we should be comparing ourselves to that have done better in this regard.

Back to this being about English players?

Redmond and Butland are quite different signings to Bostock and Parret. The former two being ready for first team action or at least to be part of a first team squad at a fairly high level when signed, the latter two being very young when signed and clearly intended to be part of a youth/reserve squad for the first couple of years.

Didn't we spend money on Walker, Naughton and Rose post Bostock and Parrett?

I have a feeling that if we did sign Butland after signing Lloris you would be complaining too as there's no way in hell Butland would be getting regular first team football with Lloris at the club.

It seems to me that overall we're trying to head towards developing our own players more than signing players in their mid-late teens compared to our earlier approach. Caulker, Townsend and Livermore were all academy players that have now reached a good PL level. Carroll isn't far off that. I'm not sure about other clubs here, but I think producing 4 PL level players through our own academy is pretty good going. I think that's a good move for the club as it seems to me that a lot of players that get a (relatively) big move very early suffer some negative consequences to their development as a result of that. Not to say we should stop entirely signing talented youngsters of course, just that we need to be selective about who we sign and have a well functioning youth team coming through the academy to integrate those new players into.

If you're a bit club football starved this weekend, then Swindon are on Sky, Saturday 12.15

plenty of our loan and old youths on show

Nice one, probably worth a watch, Mason hit a hat trick last week I do believe, maybe he's finally starting to show what we've heard he is capable of

Nice one, probably worth a watch, Mason hit a hat trick last week I do believe, maybe he's finally starting to show what we've heard he is capable of

1 Wes Foderingham Goal Keeper
2 Nathan Thompson Defender
5 Grant Hall Defender
22 Darren Ward Defender
14 Jay McEveley Defender
8 Ryan Mason Midfielder
15 Yaser Kasim Midfielder
11 Alex Pritchard Midfielder
4 Massimo Luongo Midfielder
3 Nathan Byrne Midfielder
9 Nile Ranger Striker

Read more at http://www.mkdons.com/#jXfepl06LGpSFlHA.99

Saw the second half: Mason takes up a similar position to Modric and he made a couple of decent passes. Hall was solid. Whether I would have noticed them if they weren't Spurs players is another matter.

Luongo looked OK.

Having watched that match and people wanting any of these 'youngsters' anywhere near playing in the first team really need a reality check.

Having watched that match and people wanting any of these 'youngsters' anywhere near playing in the first team really need a reality check.

I always like the old Juventus philosophy of trying to integrate a talented youngsters every season in the first team and having two or three in the squad. Then after 4 seasons or so you have a core of club produced players. A talented play can often not look very good when out on loan but they need that time in the first team playing with other quality players to bring their game on.

When bale was on his way to Madrid i hear a lot how it would improve his game to play with world class players, i guess that only works then if your good and want to play with great players, not if your a talented youngster who would improve with a season of first team football with good prem level players.

An example i would give is carroll who i think offers more then dembele would improve far more at spurs playing games then he will at qpr.

The case im putting forward will never be proved right or wrong because we will never do it, but i remember from a few years ago when southampton sold le saux to chelsea they used the money to stay afloat and could not buy a replacement so played a young guy called bridge.

The southampton coach giving the interview i remember said that in the first 10 games bridge was so bad they wanted to replace him but could not afford to(before transfer window) then after 30 games theyb thought he would make a solid defender for them. Halfway through the second season they thought oh we have a player on our hands now.

Regardless to what you think of bridge and im no big fan but talking about how a player can improve when he plays first team football it is clear they play better the more football they get, and a talented player will often look better in a higher league then in a lower one. Beckham and lampard both looked a little average when out on loan.

Loan moves are for first team game time and are not the best indication in my opinon of whether a player will make it, that will be down to the coach at the parent club when said player returns to the club and he gets the chance to see him in training with the better players.

Back