• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

Another late Spurs goal...its running right through the club. Love it.

Hope to get the final, shouldnt be too far to travel whoever wins tomorrow

My name is Obikaaaaa I come from White Hart Lane and I cannn playyyy, what can he plaaaay? he plays football...

OBI OBI OBIKA, OBIKA, OBIKA

OBI OBI OBIKA OBI OBIKAA!

Stolen from Charlton fans :D

Last edited:
Wow, so Obika has been vital. Defoe replacement?

Havent seen him play for a couple years though when I did he didnt look at all as though he'd ever be good enough. Cant believe he's now good enough to replace Defoe; maybe as 4th choice behind a new signing, Defoe and DEmpsey...

I'd love it for Obika to make it at PL standard but I'm not convinced just yet, I think a season long loan at a Championship side that will play him regularly will be the making or breaking of him. Charlton bring him on late into games now and then to replace Fuller who is absolute turd, he's popped up with a few winners too.

I'd love it for Obika to make it at PL standard but I'm not convinced just yet, I think a season long loan at a Championship side that will play him regularly will be the making or breaking of him. Charlton bring him on late into games now and then to replace Fuller who is absolute turd, he's popped up with a few winners too.

Agree. Championship loan for him next year would make sense

OBIKA ON SEMI-FINAL WIN:

A2520_zpsef0d9ce5.jpg

Jon Obika has described the moment he headed our Under-21s into the final of the Barclays U21 Premier League play-offs.

The clock had ticked into the 90th minute with the scoreline level at 2-2 against Everton in Monday night’s semi-final at the Lane when Cristian Ceballos whipped in a cross from the left.

“I was just thinking ‘get something on it’,” said Jon, top-scorer for the Under-21s with 17 goals in 16 games and back at the club after his loan spell at Charlton.

“I knew the ball was coming in, I darted across the front post and just made sure I got there. It was a special moment.”

That was the second of Jon’s two goals on the night as we overcame an impressive Everton side to take our place in the final against Manchester United or Liverpool, who play tonight. The final will be away, date to be confirmed.

“I had a few chances and I was delighted to score twice in the end,” added Jon, who was on the scoresheet alongside Alex Pritchard, who put us ahead in the 11th minute.

“To come back and play at White Hart Lane in the semi-final against a good team like Everton was great and it’s a joy to play with the likes of Tom Carroll, Cristian Ceballos, Kenny McEvoy when he came on, the whole team really.

“Whoever we play in the final, I’m sure it will be a fantastic occasion.”

Agree. Championship loan for him next year would make sense

Not really, if he's not good/ready enough to have a squad role at his age then it's time to cut him lose.
We won't sudddenly start to have faith in him when he's in his mid 20s
Now or never, his second season above U21 age

Not really, if he's not good/ready enough to have a squad role at his age then it's time to cut him lose.
We won't sudddenly start to have faith in him when he's in his mid 20s
Now or never, his second season above U21 age

You say that but look at Simon Dawkins! Personally I doubt that Obika will ever make it however he has scored a bunch of goals this year therefore loan himn to a championship team and if he does well we can either keep him or sell him for more.

You say that but look at Simon Dawkins! Personally I doubt that Obika will ever make it however he has scored a bunch of goals this year therefore loan himn to a championship team and if he does well we can either keep him or sell him for more.

Dawkins has done nothin at a dogbrick villa. Hes 25/26 aswell

Back