• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

JORDAN ARCHER (Bishop's Stortford) 10.03.2012 vs Altrincham (A) Conference North (Round 31)
Played the whole game and kept his 3rd clean sheet in 4 games, and his 8th of the season, as Stortford won 2-0.

Ricky Sappleton set up the first for Dwight Gayle with a great cross and got his second league goal through a long ball from Jordan Archer which he slammed home from 10 yards.

OSCAR JANSSON (Shamrock Rovers) 09.03.2012 vs Monaghan United (H) League of Ireland (Round 2)
Played the whole game in a 3-1 win for Shamrock.

Oscar Jansson was quick off his line to clear a ball over the Hoops defence.

The keeper still not looking too commanding though far too early to be able to be sure about him either way.

Second time in two games the keeper has failed to make a cross in the box his own.

On what I've seen so far, not the answer.

Not the best, mind you i would have said the same about manus at this stage too and look how he turned out.

Hasn't been overly tested yet but I like what I see.Inspires more confidence in me (and potentially the back four) than Thompson.

Wait and see how it pans out is all we can do at present. No major howlers from him as of yet.

Has my full backing till he fudges up.

Seems a good keeper. Does the little things well and doesn't take risks. I have confidence in him anyway.

Seems to be a good shot stopper. Looks very casual. Kicking hasn't been hugely impressive either.

He deserves 10-12 games before we talk about him.

Not In Squad

MIRKO RANIERI (Esperia Viareggio) 11.03.2012 vs Como (A) Lega Pro Prima Divisione (Round 26)
Viareggio won 2-1 as Ranieri was once again out of the match day squad.

PemM6.jpg

KYLE NAUGHTON (Norwich) 11.03.2012 vs Wigan Athletic (H) Premier League (Round 28)
Played the whole game, back in his preferred right-back position, as the game ended 1-1.

With Drury fit again Naughton was free to mark the elusive Moses.

Naughton man marking Moses.

Naughton had the joy of trying to stop Moses and ... he failed.

Wigan were back on the offensive at the start of the second half, when Moses turned inside full-back Kyle Naughton and floated a ball across the six-yard box.

Naughton - 7 - A normal game by Kyle's standards.

Not In Squad

VEDRAN CORLUKA (Bayer Leverkusen) 10.03.2012 vs Wolfsburg (A) Bundesliga (Round 25)
Still out injured as Leverkusen lost 3-2.

I hope he can play the latest on Schalke again, we miss him.

Y5OBj.jpg

80' Foul Committed
72' Header Off Target
50' Foul Suffered
23' Foul Committed
7' Assist (Header Saved)
7' Header Blocked

STEVEN CAULKER (Swansea City) 11.03.2012 vs Emirates Marketing Project (H) Premier League (Round 28)
Played the whole game as Swansea recorded an excellent 1-0 win against the league leaders and was given man of the match award.

Balotelli showed nice footwork before Steven Caulker made a vital challenge as the Italian shaped to shoot.

Balotelli picked him out after cutting out Caulker's lazy pass.

Caulker flashed a header across the face of goal from a Sigurdsson corner.

Caulker, was absolutely immense, made so many last ditch headers & was always composed with the football.

Hasn't put a foot wrong all season....

Will take over from Ferdinand for many years to come. A collosus.

It's difficult to believe he's only 20 years of age. He's playing way beyond his years.

I think he'll be their first choice centre back next year.

20 years old........miles ahead of that savic kid that plays for city too, physically and mentally.

The boy is absolutely fantastic, loves going forward as well, can see him getting a goal or two before the season's out, can't see us getting him permanently though.

This may sound like Heresy, but I'm not convinced that he's 100% ready for a top four side yet. I think another year with a side like us would be more beneficial for him than fighting for a place in the Spurs team.

YU608.jpg

22' Foul Suffered

SEBASTIEN BASSONG (Wolves) 10.03.2012 vs Blackburn Rovers (H) Premier League (Round 28)
Back in the starting XI, played the whole game as Blackburn ran out 2-0 winners. Apparently at a fans forum that happened at the end of February, Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey confirmed that Bassong is only on loan until the end of the season and that there is no long term deal in place.

Today, just about everyone chose the easy pass or else the long pass. Bassong, especially, and JOH, too, who both have the ability to pick a pass.

I love our signature move, O'Hara passes sideways to Bassong, putting him under pressure, he passes right back, O'Hara turns this way then that then passes a 2 yarder back to Bassong who is then forced to hoof.

Not In Squad

STEVEN PIENAAR (Everton) 10.03.2012 vs Tottenham Hotspur (H) Premier League (Round 27)
Unable to play against his parent club as Everton won 1-0.

V2ByV.jpg

88' Foul Suffered
83' Cross (Out Of Play)
66' Cross (Cleared)
63' Foul Suffered
56' Cross (Saved)
55' Freekick (Cross)
50' Cross (Cleared)
49' Corned (Cleared)
45' Corner (Saved)
45' Shot Blocked
39' Cross (Saved)
39' Corner (Open Play)
16' Corner (Cleared)
15' Corner (Cleared)
6' Foul Suffered
5' Corner (Open Play)
1' Cross (Cleared)

ANDROS TOWNSEND (Birmingham City) 10.03.2012 vs Coventry City (A) Championship (Round 34)
Played the whole game which ended 1-1.

It was Blues who started on the front in the opening five minutes as Andros Townsend attacked the Coventry defence with a number of menacing runs.

Blues thrived before a lively Ricoh Arena atmosphere by pressuring Coventry through a series of corners, with Townsend continuing to be a thorn in the opposition's side.

And on 21 minutes, the referee failed to award a stonewall penalty when the unplayable Townsend was brought down in the area by Jordan Clarke.

The Serb was inches away from heading home Townsend's inviting cross.

Not In Squad

RYAN MASON (Millwall) 10.03.2012 vs Nottingham Forest (A) Championship (Round 36)
Out of the squad again as Millwall went down 3-1 at Forest. No indication if he has suffered another injury or just dropped.

Last edited:

gkqnc.jpg

46' Subbed Off

THOMAS CARROLL (Derby County) 10.03.2012 vs Watford (H) Championship (Round 35)
Had another poor game and was subbed off at half time as Derby went on to lose 2-1.

"The change at half-time was tactical, there was no injury," said Clough.

I think Tom Carroll has to be on the ball and his passing has to be spot on at this level. In the first half it wasn't. He didn't get on the ball and he was up against two combative midfielders in John Eustace and Jonathan Hogg.

Tom has found it difficult in the last two home games. I thought in the second half against Leicester City he did OK but he is learning and getting accustomed to the physical side of the game.

Some fans found it necessary to cheer the withdrawal of Carroll. The youngster has struggled in the last three games and substituting him was the right decision but to cheer the change was totally unnecessary and disappointing to hear.

Tom Carroll - leave the club. If it is true that he has to start because if not we have to pay his wage, then that is a rediculous position for us to be in. Please do not start on tues. I will personally take out a loan and pay your wage this week, just so you don't start.

Maybe a bucket should be sent round to pay Carroll's wages so he doens't play!!

We are carrying Tom Carroll. The whole situation involving him is a disgrace. If he starts on tues i literally don't know how i will cope!

Not In Squad

YAGO FALQUE (Southampton) 10.03.2012 vs Barnsley (H) Championship (Round 36)
Southampton won 2-0 as Falque was again left out.

He's not injured, he's just not being selected. He's played 56 minutes of football for us in a game which he started and since then, has only been in the match day squad on one occasion.

Most of us Saints fans think he'd be better off going back to Spurs to be honest - at the time in which we signed him it looked a great bit of business (especially as we were dumbstruck by injuries/suspensions) and we were all really excited about him, but he did look a little bit lightweight for the Championship.

It wasn't too long after we signed Falque that Jason Puncheon, who had been caught in a rift with the Chairman and the Manager for the past 12 months, patched things up with them and came back into contention, and then we also went on to sign Tadanari Lee (A Japanese International) and Billy Sharp from Doncaster; which dented his chances at a run in the team even further.

At the moment, in terms of attackers/wingers/forwards/wide players he's behind Lallana, Guly, Chaplow, Puncheon and De Ridder in the pecking order, plus the 5-sub rule in the Championship doesn't exactly make it any easier for the lad and I really can't see how he's going to get a look in, we're at that stage of the season where we can't really afford to 'experiment' and give players a chance, we need results and we need them now!

What is strange though, is that a lot of us have heard that we already have a loan deal agreed for him for next season IF we make it the Premiership? It doesn't really add up considering Adkins isn't playing him now, in a division of a lesser standard, but we'll see. Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season and I hope that Yago will get some much needed game time before his return to WHL.

Not In Squad

JOHN BOSTOCK (Sheffield Wednesday) 10.03.2012 vs AFC Bournemouth (H) League One (Round 36)
Once more not in the squad, and with Wednesday doing well since their new managerial appointment, winning this game 3-0, there doesn't seem to be too much of a way back in for him so far.

We need another centre mid or to give Bostock or Palmer a chance.

The only competition for Lines at present is Palmer and Bostock; they're probably too inexperienced to knock him out the side. they are still learning their trade, and very much unproven.

Not In Squad

DEAN PARRETT (Yeovil) 10.03.2012 vs Oldham Athletic (A) League One (Round 35)
Suspended after his sending off in the last march as Yeovil continued their good form to record a 2-1 win.

iYgLe.jpg

60' Subbed Off
46' Foul Suffered
42' Shot Off Target
27' Offside

HARRY KANE (Millwall) 10.03.2012 vs Nottingham Forest (A) Championship (Round 36)
Played an hour of the game as Forest won 3-1. Had one shot over the bar and was mostly ineffective.

I know Kane & Keogh had been playing well, but in my opinion Henderson should start every time he is available.

2Ot82.jpg

90' Yellow Card
90' Foul Committed
71' Clears Ball
65' Assist (Goal)
58' Foul Suffered
51' Shot Saved
50' Foul Committed
40' Foul Committed
39' Shot Off Target

JONATHAN OBIKA (Yeovil) 10.03.2012 vs Oldham Athletic (A) League One (Round 35)
Played the whole game, providing an assist for the second goal in the 65th minute and getting booked in injury time, as Yeovil won 2-1.

Andrew Williams collected Jon Obika's pass and rounded the goalkeeper before slotting home.

Talking of brilliant moves I hope the Obika knockers appreciate the great contribution he made to our second goal at Oldham.....

The excellent 1-2 between Andy Williams and Jon Obika to set up the 2nd half winner.

85' Foul Committed
64' Foul Suffered
64' Subbed On

SIMON DAWKINS (San Jose Earthquakes) 10.03.2012 vs New England Revolution (H) Major League Soccer (Round 1)
Even though he did not play in any of the pre-season games, he featured in the first game of the season from the bench as the Earthquakes won 1-0.

Coach Frank Yallop isn't worried about the Dawkins' readiness for the opener because the Englishman has been training with the Spurs' first team this winter.

Simon Dawkins, recently arrived from EPL club Tottenham Hostpur, gave fans a taste of what he may be capable of when he came on as a sub in the second-half – folks, he has the glide.

San Jose’s Simon Dawkins pushed a potential game-clincher just past the far post.

After watching how Chavez played tonight, I think Dawkins might not get the playing time he expects.

Watching the last third of the game, I remembered all the concerns about Si that I had last year. He just seems too delicate, too easily pushed off the ball. I realize he's only been back a few days, and I'm sure he'll get play time because he's our EPL guy, but I still don't see him having the level of confidence and ownership he needs.

Was real happy to see him back, but very under-whelming performance tonight.

Dawkins showed some ability on the ball, but he lost the ball a lot, partly due to the lack of support during this terrible portion of the game. I don't like Dawkins out wide.

Dawkins didn't play like he wanted to play center midfield.. thats just his style of play..... very technical... with much more control.

Last edited:
not many good reviews for our kids out there

The Tom Carroll ones are disappointing, he seems to be struggling at Derby

Why isn't Falque getting the squad? Is he really brick?

Combination of being signed on loan when there were injuries/suspensions/people out of favour and then injuries coming back earlier than expected and players finding form again. It's reported he got injured during training as well and was out for a couple of weeks but he's been fit for a while now. Most Saint's fans have him down as 5th choice CM so with only 2 places up for grabs and only 5 sub places in the championship he's been left out in favour of non-loan players.

not many good reviews for our kids out there

The Tom Carroll ones are disappointing, he seems to be struggling at Derby

Indeed, and not for the lack of games either. He's simply been put into a team which doesn't play possession/passing football and into a league which is more physical which is not great for someone as small as him.

Indeed, and not for the lack of games either. He's simply been put into a team which doesn't play possession/passing football and into a league which is more physical which is not great for someone as small as him.

I do not think it is the worst thing in the world for carroll, he is getting game time and im happy for him to put up with it, i remember reading modric saying he used to get kicked all over the place when he got into the first team at 18. Good experince for the lad.

Thought Falque was awful when he played for us in the Europa so not surprised that he hasnt played much at all for Southampton

Thought Falque was awful when he played for us in the Europa so not surprised that he hasnt played much at all for Southampton

Couldn't have been too bad for the club to decide to buy him. I seem to remember him getting 3 or 4 good shots off in his last 2 Europa games where he only came on for the last 10-20 minutes and getting quite excited about his technique. In the 2 games he played from the start (PAOK and Rubin away) I don't remember much going on from anyone in the team.

The Falque signing is a complete mystery to me.

Looked completely out of his depth in the Europa League games, IMO. Barely credible that he's a Barca graduate. He appears to have no sense of where his team mates are or what they are planning to do........as un-Barca like as it is possible to imagine.

It's not as if he's that young, either. If he hasn't learnt about team play yet, he never will.

I can not remember what match it was, might have been a cup match but when falque came on he was the best thing on the pitch. But i would put his signing down to the same as the khlumo fella and say it was redknapp and levy trying to do some trading and thinking they might turn out to be worth a bit. I would rather we focused on our own youngsters.

The two dead fashion designers we have in our under 18 team are they brothers? have we ever had brothers play in the same team at spurs, i know we had the allens but i dont think brothers at the same time. Is the bloke from israel still on here he used to be good at that sort of thing.

the 1 time i saw carroll for derby he was terrible, his team mates were carrying him. its a shame he hasnt improved his performances

The Falque signing is a complete mystery to me.

Looked completely out of his depth in the Europa League games, IMO. Barely credible that he's a Barca graduate. He appears to have no sense of where his team mates are or what they are planning to do........as un-Barca like as it is possible to imagine.

It's not as if he's that young, either. If he hasn't learnt about team play yet, he never will.

completely agree with both.

I wouldn't judge Falque on half a dozen games. He's only 22 and Naughton at that age was out at a Championship club on loan and is now doing well in the Premier League. I would give Falque next season at least to deliver somewhere on loan.

I wouldn't judge Falque on half a dozen games. He's only 22 and Naughton at that age was out at a Championship club on loan and is now doing well in the Premier League. I would give Falque next season at least to deliver somewhere on loan.

Yep i agree same goes with parrett and carroll. What i liked about Falque is he seemed to have technique and i like that.

Do you know anything zin about the 2 lads we got in from barca in the summer i think one of them was called cabellos or something like that, my spelling is not great at the best of times.

Yep i agree same goes with parrett and carroll. What i liked about Falque is he seemed to have technique and i like that.

Do you know anything zin about the 2 lads we got in from barca in the summer i think one of them was called cabellos or something like that, my spelling is not great at the best of times.

There were two?

Thought it was only Ceballos - who, by the way, doesn't appear to feature much for either the youth team or the development team. And when he does get a game, he rarely gets much of a mention in reports.

Are you thinking of Coulibaly who came from Italy?

I don't follow the development squad unfortunately but I know Luongo is very highly regarded of.

Jansson saved a couple of penalties last night in a penalty shoot-out for Shamrock Rovers against Bohemians in the 4th Round of the Leinster Senior Cup and his team is now in the Quarters.

Are you thinking of Coulibaly who came from Italy?

I don't follow the development squad unfortunately but I know Luongo is very highly regarded of.

Oh and keep an ear out for Kevin Stewart. Ball playing defender in the U-18s. Hasn't signed a professional contract yet but was on the bench for one of the Europa league games. Caulker and him could potentially be our future center backs.

Back