• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

Vertoghen has been good when I've seen him for the most part. He did have a few brain farts but overall he exudes a calm and composed demeanour.

Kaboul, Dawson, Caulker, Vertoghen with King for one more season looks a good line up to me.

I'd go with this too.

JVAv9.png

88' Foul Suffered
79' Handball
72' Foul Suffered
41' Foul Suffered
37' Yellow Card
31' Assist

STEVEN PIENAAR (Everton) 03.03.2012 vs QPR (A) Premier League (Round 26)
Played his first game for 3 weeks, on the left of a 5 man midfield, as Everton drew 1-1. He mostly drifted in centrally during the match, providing the assist for the opening goal and getting booked in the 37th minute. He will now not play for 2 games due to being cup-tied and unable to play against his parent club.

Adel Taarabt was caught in possession by Steven Pienaar who set up Drenthe to drill a low shot into the corner of KennyÔÇÖs net.

Steven Pienaar was deemed fit enough to start, despite concerns earlier in the week, and provided a dual threat from wide areas with Drenthe.

Pienaar 6 wasn't really involved.

Pienarr 5 ran into trouble too much.

C8Y7p.jpg

90' Cross (Cleared)
90' Corner (Cleared)
90' Corner (Cleared)
90' Corner (Open Play)
90' Cross (Cleared)
90' Freekick (Cross)
72' Foul Suffered
72' Shot Saved
69' Shot Blocked
68' Corner (Cleared)
57' Assist (Goal)
48' Shot Blocked
43' Corner (Shot)
43' Corner (Cleared)
43' Shot Blocked
42' Corner (Cleared)
29' Foul Suffered
19' Assist (Goal)
18' Shot (Open Play)
14' Cross (Open Play)
13' Freekick (Cross)
11' Cross (Cleared)
11' Freekick (Cross)
5' Shot Saved

ANDROS TOWNSEND (Birmingham City) 03.03.2012 vs Derby County (H) Championship (Round 33)
Had an excellent 90 minutes, by providing 2 assists and being named man of the match, as Birmingham drew 2-2. He is cup-tied for the mid-week FA cup replay against Chelsea.

The impressive Andros Townsend saw his 19th-minute shot converted by fellow loanee Erik Huseklepp from close range, before the Spurs winger's dazzling run set up a second-half strike for Marlon King.

The lively Townsend was at the centre of things again in the 57th minute as his lengthy run ended with a fine pass to King, who converted past Fielding from 12 yards.

Recent signing Andros Townsend kept his place in the side and the Spurs loanee showed up well throughout with some determined attacking runs and dangerous crossing deservedly earning the loanee the man-of-the-match accolade.

Jordon Mutch's short corner was picked up by Townsend and he showed neat control to cut inside the onrushing defender and get in a shot that was firstly deflected by Theo Robinson but the significant final touch was off Huseklepp six yards out.

Blues did come close to adding a second just before the break however as Townsend's inswinging corner was flicked goalwards by Huseklepp but his header bounced off the top of the crossbar.

That wasn't the end of the attack though as the ball broke to Townsend on the edge of the area and his shot was cleared off the line by Rams full-back Gareth Roberts.

More direct and forceful running from Townsend set up the chance although the winger looked as though he had taken the ball too far with unmarked King to his right screaming for a pass. The loanee did eventually pick out the striker who finished clinically with a low shot from eight yards.

Townsend was causing the visiting defence no end of problems with his purposeful advances but some dogged last-ditch Derby defending ensured the score remained level.

Townsend looks a good player indeed.

On a brighter note thought that Townsend was superb.

Townsend should get a special mention (those behind me who were calling him a greedy b%st%rd, silenced shortly after his second assist of the day).

Townsend and Huseklepp already look settled.

90' Foul Suffered
83' Subbed On

RYAN MASON (Millwall) 03.03.2012 vs Reading (H) Championship (Round 34)
Back from injury and on the bench. Came on towards the end as Millwall lost 2-1.

a8tPs.jpg

85' Subbed Off
65' Foul Suffered
51' Corner (Cleared)
45' Shot Off Target
28' Corner (Out Of Play)
27' Cross (Cleared)
26' Freekick (Cross)
1' Corner (Open Play)

THOMAS CARROLL (Derby County) 03.03.2012 vs Birmingham (A) Championship (Round 33)
Played 85 minutes as the game ended 2-2.

The pacy pair of Nathan Tyson and Theo Robinson played on the left and right side ahead of a midfield trio of Jeff Hendrick, Tom Carroll and Craig Bryson.

Tom Carroll is still waiting to taste victory during his loan spell with Derby County.

Carroll is seen as a player who can get Derby passing. His better performances have come when he has lined up in a central position or when he has been moved there after starting in a wider midfield.

Carroll shows courage in the way he constantly demands the ball, especially given Derby's recent struggles. He is comfortable in possession and can pass neatly.

Nigel Clough is "very pleased" with the youngster. Considering it is his first time in the Championship, he has been great.

"He has come into a team that is not playing with confidence but he does not hide. He still wants the ball. Tom shows bravery in the way he is willing to receive the ball in tight situations."

Not In Squad

YAGO FALQUE (Southampton) 03.03.2012 vs Leeds (A) Championship (Round 34)
Southampton won 1-0 as Falque failed to make the bench again for the sixth time in a row.

Jesus I'd actually forgotten that we had him. Shows with players back what a strong squad we have!

Adkins obviously feels that he isn't good enough or perhaps there are things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, i.e. attitude etc.

I forget where, but i have seen an article suggesting that IF we go up then we want to take Falque permanently.

Too risky throwing him in imo. He looked massively out of his depth against Leicester, but the whole team were crap that day.

Swear i heard he had an injury for a few games and thats why he hasnt even been on the bench.

In regards to Falque, I must admit I wasn't impressed with him at Leicester but it's hard to judge him from one game, one game where the whole team were brick anyway but I'm sure Adkins has his reasons as to why he ain't involved.

He's clearly a good player but it's difficult for a young player who perhaps doesn't speak perfect english to come into a team and gel straight away, and with Puncheon coming back into the fold he's fallen further down the pecking order.

He was obviously brought in to strengthen the depth of the squad and Adkins probably feels it's better to play the players we actually own rather than come to rely on one who will not be here very long.

But problem with that is we haven't got the space on the bench for an untested youngster, with the 5 sub ruling - if we were allowed 7 subs I would agree but space is limited right now

Falque may not get another chance, too much at stake, and every one back fit. If, and a big IF we are in a position where we can relax then he may feature, but then it may be more fringe players and longer term squad players that would get a run.

Not In Squad

JOHN BOSTOCK (Sheffield Wednesday) 03.03.2012 vs Rochdale (A) League One (Round 34)
Not in even on the bench, for the second game in a row, as the game ended 0-0. There were rumours of him returning to Spurs. New manager Dave Jones takes over for the next game and it will be interesting to see whether Bostock makes the squad.

Jones denied claims he could be planning to send loan signing John Bostock back to Spurs.

He is still with us. Hope he can come good as seems a good lad.

Aye apparently was going to be sent back prior to Megson's sacking.

If Bostock is anywhere the first team it should be on the left hand side of midfield.

cdNrr.jpg

34' Subbed Off
29' Shot Off Target
27' Foul Suffered
23' Foul Committed

DEAN PARRETT (Yeovil) 03.03.2012 vs Brentford (H) League One (Round 33)
Returned from injury but only played 34 minutes as Yeovil went on to win 2-1. His substitution was a tactical one and not another injury as Brentford went 1-0 up.

Parrett - 3 played well till subbed

Parrett-Ducked out of challenges and was rightfully subbed.

With respect to parrett he been carrying aknixk and was rated doubtful for today! He probs wasn't 100%!

Parrett's subbing was absolutely correct, was well off the pace, not sure he's fully recovered from his injury.

Parrett was ineffective and seemed somewhat intimidated by Brentfords physical game.

tWsWm.jpg

S2vq6.jpg

79' Subbed Off
61' Foul Suffered
42' Shot Off Target
16' Assist

HARRY KANE (Millwall) 03.03.2012 vs Reading (H) Championship (Round 34)
Following on from his first league goal for the club last week he played 79 minutes and provided his first league assist in the 16th minute to make the score 1-0 as Millwall went on to lose 2-1. Once again he played up front with Keogh with Henderson out injured.

The hosts' pressure told when Harry Kane lofted the ball over the Reading backline and Keogh slid it past the advancing Adam Federici and into the net.

Millwall should have gone back ahead after an hour but Kane somehow missed James Henry's cross with the goal gaping.

Kane's header was awful he was to worried about the keeper coming out and getting clobbered worst thing about it the keeper stayed on hs line.

Kane's miss from Henry's free kick was the turning point.

I though kane and keogh looked good.

Kane did a fudging good job of holding up the ball & bringing people into play today.

Thought Kane was poor. I don't really see the point in us having him.

Kane can't chest the ball down and turn the defender. Henderson can. I don't understand why our defenders just punted it up to Kane all game when he is weak and slow. I know he's only young but he's not our player so I'd rather give one of our own youngsters a chance.

We only know how to play the long ball hoof to a big target man and when that isn't Henderson it doesn't work, Kane is not that sort of player.

t3Tmt.jpg

8bVlL.jpg

75' Shot Saved
68' Foul Suffered
46' Foul Committed
37' Offside
34' Foul Suffered
1' Offside

JONATHAN OBIKA (Yeovil) 03.03.2012 vs Brentford (H) League One (Round 33)
Played the whole game as Yeovil won 2-1.

Obika was just fouled in the area but didnt go down kept his feet and shot narrowly over.If he had gone down it would have been a penalty and the defender would have been sent off.

Obika - 3 very good 2nd half with some great flick ons to AW

I think 3 for Obika is being a bit generous!!!

John Obika. He for me is one frustrating player to watch!!! For a lot of each and every game he appears slow, lazy and easilly bullied of the ball for such a big bloke. Then, just as i have finished slating him he has these moments of magic when he either scores or sets others up to score. Maybe its these flashes of skill why GJ plays him every week.

Obika well needs to start trying to move about and find space for himself as way to static and easy barged off the ball

Obika-For me always been class act.In 1st half suffered as hoofball.2nd played ball to feet and again showed his class.Rarely loses ball in possession and always finds man with flick on.One moment in game when surrounded by 3 Brentford players got through all three and nearly scored.

Andy Williams really benefits from Obika's set up play and is a constant threat with work rate and confidence.

I watched the strikers warming up yesterday with Skivo - Jon Obika was putting them everywhere except in the back of the net! I don't know if he is short of confidence or what - but just hope that Andy Williams keeps banging them in because I can't see many goals comming from our Spurs loanee.

Obika had a great game imo, far better than recent performances, what he does when warming up has no bearing on performance. Should have scored his 1v1, but having beaten 3 players to create the chance on his own, can't criticise too much IMO.

Unused Sub

KUDUS OYENUGA (St Johnstone) 03.03.2012 vs Kilmarnock (A) Scottish Premier League (Round 28)
Once more an unused sub as the match ended 0-0.

Not In Squad

SIMON DAWKINS (San Jose Earthquakes) 04.03.2012 vs Chivas USA (N) Friendly (Pre-Season)
Final pre-season friendly before the season starts next week. Dawkins was once more not in the squad and as such has not featured in any of the Earthquakes' pre-season games.

Any idea why Simon Dawkins did not get any minutes in the pre-season tourney in Portland?

Rumor was he's getting into San Jose today.

Dont be surprised to see Dawkins make the MLS Top XI.

Just seen Kanes goal for millwall tonight wow nice strike lovely goal, mason was an unused sub but that was a lovely goal from kane, maybe he is starting to grow into himself.

Parrett got himself sent off for 2 bookable offences. Did not show them so i could not say if they were bad tackles or not.

Indeed, Kane seems to be thriving playing up front in his natural position these last 3 games.

can i just say, sterling work Mr Zin!

Thanks, I hope it gets people talking about the youth players and gives them a good idea of how they are doing based upon actual supporter comments from the clubs they are at rather than just speculating as often seems the case.

That said I didn't expect most of these players to be getting 2 games a week! More work for me!

The Obika comments are interesting, there was a time before Kane, Coulibaly, Lancaster etc when he was the most promising youth forward we had. Seems like he's been at Yeovil far too long to ever make it back again now though.

Yes, I don't see Obika making it at Spurs, even Yeovil fans are split on opinion, what he does seem to do is help his strike partner get goals which can't be a bad thing.

JORDAN ARCHER (Bishop's Stortford) 06.03.2012 vs Colwyn Bay FC (A) Conference North (Round 30)
Played the whole game in a 4-1 defeat.

His shot from 15 yards beat Jordan Archer via a big deflection.

Jordan Archer saved well diving to his right to hold on to a shot.

A few minutes later another corner resulted in Archer saving a drive from the edge of the box.

Netted with an angled shot past Archer that went inside the far post.

bb41V.jpg

OSCAR JANSSON (Shamrock Rovers) 05.03.2012 vs Cliftonville (H) Setanta Sports Cup (1st Round, 1st Leg)
Played the whole game as the Hoops won 2-0.

In the 8th minute O'Carroll was released down the left and Jansson had to advance to beat away his shot.

Jansson dived low to save his shot at the second attempt. The Hoops 'keeper had a lucky escape in the 78th minute when he raced across his box but failed to connect with a through ball.

Thought Jansson had a decent game, two or three fine saves. He needs to be more assertive when coming for crosses and forget about dribbling the ball in his own box, just boot it or let someone else do it for him.

Only 4 people starting who started in Drogheda (and one of those is a keeper).

One shaky moment from Jansson, but two or three brilliant saves.

Jansson made a good save but looks just as erratic as Thompson.

Keepers box work looked dodgy enough, although he pulled off a couple of good saves.

I don't think the keeper is an issue just yet.

Jansson failed to impress. His kicking looks dreadful. I think it was Stephen Glass that booted the ball down to the corner flag after Jansson's kick out went straight out. He forced Gartland into a few hurried clearances as well, one led to a corner. Doesn't seem to communicate too well either.

Not In Squad

VEDRAN CORLUKA (Leverkusen) 07.03.2012 vs Barcelona (A) Champions League (Round of 16, 2nd Leg)
Second match missed due to injury, probably for the best as Leverkusen got destroyed 7-1 on the night with Lionel Messi getting 5 goals.

Not In Squad

ANDROS TOWNSEND (Birmingham City) 06.03.2012 vs Chelsea (H) FA Cup (5th Round Replay)
Was cup-tied for this game having already played for Leeds in an earlier round. Birmingham were knocked out of the competition, losing 2-0.

Unused Sub

RYAN MASON (Millwall) 06.03.2012 vs Peterborough (A) Championship (Round 34)
Unused sub as Millwall won 3-0

Smith in midfield again, when will KJ learn that he's not a midfielder. Play Mason FFS.

Mason is 20 so will probably be let go by Spurs in the summer. However, I think he is brick. So no thank you.

It's the other Yid toerag Ryan Mason that i'm puzzled by. What is he, because i'll be fudged if he's a professional footballer? Looks in need of a bloody good meal if you ask me.

Kane and Mason are both really highly thought of at spurs, both appeared in the Europa this season and they are expected to be pushing for the first team pretty soon. I can see it in glimpses with Kane but not Mason.

dPWXq.jpg

68' Subbed Off
54' Cross (Out Of Play)
32' Cross (Cleared)
8' Foul Suffered

THOMAS CARROLL (Derby County) 06.03.2012 vs Blackpool (H) Championship (Round 34)
Was finally on the winning side, playing 68 minutes as Derby won 2-1.

Players chickening out of tackles (i.e Tom Carroll last night) is equally frustrating.

I thought Tom Carroll was very poor and contributed little to the team.

As for Tom Carroll, chickens out of too many tackles and 50/50s to be effective. I suppose he's probably getting used to playing first team football and the Championship so I'd give him time.

Carroll is awful.

Carroll seemed to enjoy killing the tempo.

Carroll 3 - Not sure what he brings to the team, can't tackle, can't win a header, extremely one footed, played the odd good pass but nothing more then Hendrick or Bailey could do.

Tyson 6 - Did for me in 25 minutes then Carroll did in 65, would consider starting him in a similar position on saturday and drop carroll if he's fit enough.

Tom Carroll offers little and we'd be better served developing Bailey, Green or Maguire.

The guys around me believe we have to play Carroll each game or send him back, for me that's a no-brainer.

James Bailey in for Tom Carroll - no brainer.

Not In Squad

YAGO FALQUE (Southampton) 06.03.2012 vs Ipswich Town (H) Championship (Round 35)
Game ended 1-1. Falque nowhere to be seen.

Not In Squad

JOHN BOSTOCK (Sheffield Wednesday) 06.03.2012 vs Bury (H) League One (Round 35)
First game for new manager Dave Jones but Bostock once more not in the squad as the Owls won 4-1. Some fans want to see him in his natural CM position. Bostock has confirmed on his twitter that he is still at the club.

PwTmW.jpg

45' Red Card (2nd Yellow)
33' Yellow Card

DEAN PARRETT (Yeovil) 06.03.2012 vs Milton Keynes Dons (A) League One (Round 34)
Played 45 minutes before getting sent off on the stroke of half time for a second bookable offence as Yeovil continued their recent good form with a 1-0 win. Both bookings were for bad fouls.

Dean Parrett was late on Shaun Williams and rightly received a second yellow card having been booked 12 minutes earlier.

Dean Parrett's dismissal shortly before half-time brought a sorry end to a difficult period where the Tottenham Hotspur loanee had appeared a pace behind the game and was punished for two over-zealous tackles.

Sounds like parrett is having a mare of a game so far.

Disappointing about Parrett, subbed before half-time on saturday and now sent off. Been our best loanee up till now imo.

TOVMf.jpg

89' Goal
86' Foul Committed
81' Clears Ball
69' Foul Suffered
64' Cross (Out Of Play)
61' Foul Committed
53' Shot (Hits Post)
49' Shot (Saved)
48' Clears Ball
43' Foul Suffered
42' Foul Committed
22' Shot (Saved)

HARRY KANE (Millwall) 06.03.2012 vs Peterborough (A) Championship (Round 34)
Played the whole game, not being substituted off for a change, as Millwall won 3-0. Netted a great goal in the 89th minute to wrap the game up as his partnership with Keogh flourishes.

Harry Kane completed the scoring in the 89th minute with a superb 30-yarder.

Kane capped a fine performance with a deserved goal a minute from time when he collected Forde's clearance and belted the ball past Jones from well outside the penalty area.

Forde's opposite number Paul Jones produced a finger-tip save to prevent Kane from extending the lead midway through the first half.

Jones denied Kane again early in the second half before the teenager struck the post with a 25-yarder in the 53rd minute.

Kane's was a belter.

Worth badgering Spurs for another loan stint next season?

Looks like he's gradually getting better with every game. Certainly works well with Keogh.

Kane is playing well because he is being played as a striker. In an attacking formation.

Think hes got a bit of millwal in him wont shirk a challenge.

I've got a lot of time for Kane, he always puts a shift in and has certainly got a bit of 'Wall about him.

MOTM for me was kane ran his socks off closed down everything and scored cracker!

Kane - he is going to be some player I reckon, great touch, so intelligent on and off the ball, hit the post with a shot he had no right to get off and got a deserved goal. Works his socks off too.

Not In Squad

JONATHAN OBIKA (Yeovil) 06.03.2012 vs Milton Keynes Dons (A) League One (Round 34)
Was not in the squad as Yeovil got an excellent 1-0 win at MK Dons, putting them second in the form guide behind Notts County.

No Obika and a switch to 4-5-1... wasn't expecting that!

Had to drop a loanee as we 6 and only 5 can play. Set up as a 451 tonight.

Jon Obika was Yeovil's sixth loanee unable to named in the match squad, as Reading's Lawson D'Ath returned to a five-man midfield intended to stifle MK Dons' passing game.

Last edited:
Full programme to look forward to this weekend. A few questions I'm looking forward to being answered:

Will Falque at least get ON the Southampton bench on the 8th time of asking?

Will Bostock slowly make his way back into the Wednesday squad?

Harry Kane is getting the goals and putting in the performances now in his favoured striker position, how long will it last for? Millwall loving it right now.

Will Derby finally get to see a good performance from Tom Carroll or will he finally lose his place in the team after a series of poor performances?

Ryan Mason's injuries have hindered his loan spells this season, will he finally get his chance off the bench for Millwall and get a run of form going?

Will Kudus Oyenuga finally come off the bench for St. Johnstone?

Can we expect Simon Dawkins to start the MLS season with no pre-season games behind him?

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing what Andros Townsend will be doing next for Birmingham after his excellent performance against Derby.

A chance to see Caulker today, right? Could be interesting to see him against quality opponents and Swansea are a good watch most days anyway.

A chance to see Caulker today, right? Could be interesting to see him against quality opponents and Swansea are a good watch most days anyway.

Yeah forgot about that, so far this season i think he has been the best young centre back in the league and i hope he plays a part for us next season, im a big fan of the youngsters and whether we finish in the top 4 or not this season i will consider the season a success on the back of the fact that caulker, naughton and livermore have proved they can play prem football(i know naughton was not produced by us)

Would love to see townsend do well for the rest of the season with brum and next year i hope him and smith and unvi get season long loans in the prem and maybe rose if we get a left back back up.

Yeah forgot about that, so far this season i think he has been the best young centre back in the league and i hope he plays a part for us next season, im a big fan of the youngsters and whether we finish in the top 4 or not this season i will consider the season a success on the back of the fact that caulker, naughton and livermore have proved they can play prem football(i know naughton was not produced by us)

Would love to see townsend do well for the rest of the season with brum and next year i hope him and smith and unvi get season long loans in the prem and maybe rose if we get a left back back up.

Agree with all of that.

I'm also excited about Townsend and a prem loan would be very good for him. Rose needs a loan move quite desperately, preferably to someone planning to play him as a left back. If we sign Verthongen and bring Naughton back from Norwich we'll have enough left back cover to be happy to loan out Rose.

Agree very much with Brain and Chich, it's a good time for our youngsters at the moment. Caulker and Naughton can be very useful members of our squad next season and hopefully become more than that as well. Seeing what Livermore has achieved will really help our youngsters, before him the last success had been King really, which is a bit crap acadamy wise.

Did anyone watch the Swansea game? Assuming Caulker did well to get the clean sheet? He played fairly well against them last time around but Aguero was immense...

Agree very much with Brain and Chich, it's a good time for our youngsters at the moment. Caulker and Naughton can be very useful members of our squad next season and hopefully become more than that as well. Seeing what Livermore has achieved will really help our youngsters, before him the last success had been King really, which is a bit crap acadamy wise.

Did anyone watch the Swansea game? Assuming Caulker did well to get the clean sheet? He played fairly well against them last time around but Aguero was immense...

The fact that livermore did not pull up any trees when out on loan is the most positive sign because maybe it means he has been coached well at tottenham and did not really fit other teams style of play but is suited to ours. It should give comfort to talented players like parrett and mason that even if your not the best out on loan you can still get a chance in the first team.

Caulker did well, although he was rarely tested as Swansea defended very well and were well organized in addition to dominating the first half and doing well in the second. Very calm on the ball though and made no mistakes.

Not the best weekend for our loanees. Will try and get an update out tomorrow.

Will Falque at least get ON the Southampton bench on the 8th time of asking?

Nope.

Will Bostock slowly make his way back into the Wednesday squad?

Nope.

Harry Kane is getting the goals and putting in the performances now in his favoured striker position, how long will it last for? Millwall loving it right now.

Got subbed off on the hour mark.

Will Derby finally get to see a good performance from Tom Carroll or will he finally lose his place in the team after a series of poor performances?

Nope. Subbed off at half time.

Ryan Mason's injuries have hindered his loan spells this season, will he finally get his chance off the bench for Millwall and get a run of form going?

Nope. Wasn't even ON the bench.

Will Kudus Oyenuga finally come off the bench for St. Johnstone?

Nope, but to be fair there wasn't a game for St. Johnstone this weekend. :-"

Can we expect Simon Dawkins to start the MLS season with no pre-season games behind him?

Yes! Came off the bench, but apparently had a poor game.

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing what Andros Townsend will be doing next for Birmingham after his excellent performance against Derby.

Had another good game.

Back