• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 5:2 diet

if you're over weight though wouldn't a 'quick fix' diet be a good place to start before taking up a sustainable healthy long term diet?

do your 5:2 or whatever, get yourself down to where you want to be and then maintain that weight with an improved diet?

I wouldn't say so, no. I would bet most people will not maintain it long term and will put the weight back on as soon as they give in.

By altering your lifestyle to eating healthier overall is the better option. I would say a person educating themselves in how to cook would be a better solution. Most people I know tend to eat processed food. I tend to avoid this and make things from basic ingredients. Something as simple as ready made pasta as an example. Why buy the **** they sell in supermarkets when you can make something original using basic ingredients like plain tomato bottled sauce, garlic, onions and basil. Taste's better, is cheaper and is healthier.

I do something similar for when I go to work. I make pesto with tuna and things like that which are far healthier than the **** sandwiches they sell full of processed food and salt.

All about education in my opinion.

Most of the time you feel hungry your actually just thirsty and a big glass of water can take away the hunger pangs

Never understood all these bs diets.

Take in less calories than you're burning, nothing more nothing less. Eat healthy food, don't eat junk food/snacks, work out and you'll lose weight. For faster results weigh your food and buy a heart monitor when exercising so that you know exactly how much you're taking in and how much you're burning.

Correct to a point but still old school way of thinking.

So much emphasis is on losing weight when in actual fact you want to lose fat. Losing weight encompasses muscle, fat, water etc etc etc what your goal is - is to lose FAT. Ive dropped four stone in the past year although I did drop three of them in the first three months of those 12. The reason it has slowed is simply because the last stone was 90% fat simultaneously I gained muscle (which is a difficult feat to do to lose fat gain muscle at same time). So whilst im not losing weight im losing fat and gaining muscle. That. Is. The. Goal.

Correct to a point but still old school way of thinking.

So much emphasis is on losing weight when in actual fact you want to lose fat. Losing weight encompasses muscle, fat, water etc etc etc what your goal is - is to lose FAT. Ive dropped four stone in the past year although I did drop three of them in the first three months of those 12. The reason it has slowed is simply because the last stone was 90% fat simultaneously I gained muscle (which is a difficult feat to do to lose fat gain muscle at same time). So whilst im not losing weight im losing fat and gaining muscle. That. Is. The. Goal.

so you are no longer cuddly?

This makes me sad:(

Tbh I only heard the phrase 5-2 diet last weekend and tbh I thought it meant you had to watch a DVD of the two defeats at the Emirates, then you throw-up and you're off your food for a week.

Back