• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 2016 Summer Olympics

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
2034.jpg

It's already under way with women's football. The men start tomorrow.

For anyone wanting to see an exhibition of goalkeeping Zimbabwe and Germany are on the red button.

Does football really need to be an Olympic sport?

about fudging time they got this started, why they couldn't stick it bang in the middle of the break between the Euro's and the PL I don't know

What a yawn from a sporting point of view.

If I was Brazilian I'd be bloody livid at such a waste of money.
they have so much true poverty, its criminal!

It's been a growing concern for years now that nobody wants to host the games any more because they have to cover all the costs themselves and IOC get most/all of the revenue, require tax excemption and demand to be pampered in every way imaginable. Los Angeles actually managed to get some funding because there were no other applicants.

It's been a growing concern for years now that nobody wants to host the games any more because they have to cover all the costs themselves and IOC get most/all of the revenue, require tax excemption and demand to be pampered in every way imaginable. Los Angeles actually managed to get some funding because there were no other applicants.
The IOC were booked into an entire floor of a Park Lane hotel I stay at when my wife and I went up there just before the olympics.

fudge knows how much it all cost, but the rooms there range from about £250 for a small on on the main road up to about £6000 for the royal suite. Not only did they have an entire floor of the hotel, they also had a fleet of limo drivers parked on every side road just waiting to take them (mainly one per car) to dinner.

The IOC were booked into an entire floor of a Park Lane hotel I stay at when my wife and I went up there just before the olympics.

fudge knows how much it all cost, but the rooms there range from about £250 for a small on on the main road up to about £6000 for the royal suite. Not only did they have an entire floor of the hotel, they also had a fleet of limo drivers parked on every side road just waiting to take them (mainly one per car) to dinner.

Why am I not at all shocked by that.......just like pigs with thier snouts in the trough!

My brother-in-law does corporate chauffeuring and he made a bomb during the olympics .

My brother-in-law does corporate chauffeuring and he made a bomb during the olympics .
I'm not at all surprised - I've never seen so many S Classes at once! They were lining the streets around all the back roads, I couldn't even get into the hotel car park- had to park at Chesterfield House and walk.

whats really strange here in the US is that the broadcaster NBC is showing a lot of this on "tape delay", the opening ceremony is only being shown in the time zone when it is "primetime", there is no live coverage.

And I want to get reports on if the athletes run out of condoms, 42 per person I heard, shame thats the sport we all want to see

Used to have a lot of time for 'the games', but not any more. Since the corporates took over and the money and drugs entered, it has lost it's allure. All a bit of an over-blown bore feast these days.

I wanna see Bolt and Rudisha. Not really bothered about the rest.

Tennis, Football etc. already have their own huge events. Why the phuck do they need to be in the olympics for? Boring...

As I've got some Irish blood in me i want to watch Katie Taylor in the boxing as she's probably our only chance for a medal.

Also going to watch the football as a kinda of placebo for 'proper' football.

Back