• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Television Coverage Of Spurs

Column headings please .. or is it just me?

Most likely a combination of your screen and the angle you're looking at it.

First one is Total games, W, D, L, Goals for, Goals against.

The other two are Sky/BT and BT/Sky. They obviously couldn't have the same order.

Most likely a combination of your screen and the angle you're looking at it.

First one is Total games, W, D, L, Goals for, Goals against.

The other two are Sky/BT and BT/Sky. They obviously couldn't have the same order.

Ta - 23" desktop and, on getting right up close and knowing what I'm looking for, it's black on dark purple

Do televised matches still have the facility of watching them without commentary? I usually watch with mute option but would like to hear the crowd sound.

Cue @scaramanga to come along and say something about switching of your centre speaker (may only be for people with a dingdong swinging system though?)
What you need to do is turn off your centre speaker.

Only works if you have a big ol' dingdong swinging system though.

Seriously though, an amp for £150 and 2 front speakers for another £100 would be a world better than any TV speakers or sound bars except those at the top of the range. Add a couple of little ones for surround and a centre/sub at a later date.

Seriously though, an amp for £150 and 2 front speakers for another £100 would be a world better than any TV speakers or sound bars except those at the top of the range. Add a couple of little ones for surround and a centre/sub at a later date.

Speaking of which and a bit off topic scara, but how's the new speakers working out? They run in yet?

Feel free to move this to movie thread mods.

Speaking of which and a bit off topic scara, but how's the new speakers working out? They run in yet?

Feel free to move this to movie thread mods.
Haven't even installed them yet.

Had a rethink over where to put my AV rack (I'm building a flexy rack) so now I'm recabling everything. At least I'm doing it before I ran all the cables the first time.

Cabling is a nightmare. I Remember the good old days before HDMI and you needed a run for each channel, oh the joys.

Id love to get rid of all the amp, processors and speakers I have 2 rooms full of wires and crap.........would love a good soundbar. My stuff is old, the amps dont have hdmi!
Are soundbars all rubbish except for the silly priced ones?

Id love to get rid of all the amp, processors and speakers I have 2 rooms full of wires and crap.........would love a good soundbar. My stuff is old, the amps dont have hdmi!
Are soundbars all rubbish except for the silly priced ones?
Not rubbish, but you won't find anything that can match up to the placement of a proper speaker setup.

If you want tidy (as I do) then have you considered putting the kit under your stairs? I'm building a flexy rack (http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/flexye.html) and hiding it away there. I'm going to run the speaker cables into the main room and probably HDMI over CAT6 () to the TV and Projector. You can daisy chain them at source so that it outputs to both without needing a splitter, or (like me) you can run one and have a socket that you just switch between TV and projector as required.

At a later date I'm going to put some floorstanders in the living room to resurrect my vinyl collection. I'll have the turntable in the living room but the amp will be added to the flexy rack.

It was interesting to see Tyler and Clive Allen doing commentary duties together. The Guardian had a feature during the week about the first time Spurs played real, in the '85 UEFA Cup.

Real beat us 1-0 on a Perryman OG - first European side to win at WHL - but we had two perfectly legit goals ruled out by bent refs. One was a beautiful, Route One header late on in the second leg by Allen at the Bernabeu that would have tied the scoreline. Tyler did the commentary. Gutless twerp took no issue with the refs. It's on Youtube.

I noticed Tyler trying to coax some comments about it from Allen, but, classily, Allen just focused on the match in front of them. And look how the bad memories dissolved away.

It was interesting to see Tyler and Clive Allen doing commentary duties together. The Guardian had a feature during the week about the first time Spurs played real, in the '85 UEFA Cup.

Real beat us 1-0 on a Perryman OG - first European side to win at WHL - but we had two perfectly legit goals ruled out by bent refs. One was a beautiful, Route One header late on in the second leg by Allen at the Bernabeu that would have tied the scoreline. Tyler did the commentary. Gutless twerp took no issue with the refs. It's on Youtube.

I noticed Tyler trying to coax some comments about it from Allen, but, classily, Allen just focused on the match in front of them. And look how the bad memories dissolved away.

Not a fan of Clive as a commentator, to me he comes across as someone that can be anti-Spurs as if he's trying to prove he's not biased towards us.

Back