• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Team for 19/20

I thought that to begin with then couldn't work out where he'd fit in, I don't expect £ 60m players to sit on the bench so unless NDombele plays deeper alongside Sissoko and Alli comes in to the three with Lo Celso and Eriksen I couldn't fit him in to my lineup.
Luckily, none of us are in charge of the team selection.

I thought that to begin with then couldn't work out where he'd fit in, I don't expect £ 60m players to sit on the bench so unless NDombele plays deeper alongside Sissoko and Alli comes in to the three with Lo Celso and Eriksen I couldn't fit him in to my lineup.

I imagine Winks and Ndombele in CM, then DESK as a front 4, will become our 'cup final' side. Lo Celso may then start to edge out Eriksen through the season, especially if he does have a 'Madrid clause' in his new contract. That would be my guess.

.............Lloris...............
Foyth...Alder...Vert...Davies
......Sissoko.....Winks.........
Lo Celso..NDombele..Eriksen
...............Kane...............

Subs;
Gazzanigga
Aurier
Dier
Alli
Son
Sessegnon

Son and Alli bench, and Lucas not in squad?, with a player in the starting 11 who wants to leave and a brand new signing who's pre-season will be short. Not picking holes but I doubt we would go in with one natural goalscorer.

PS. Son is suspended so wont be involved but Alli will be in there and Lucas will be close I imagine.

Also - I wouldn't worry too much about having expensive signings on the bench, that's how big clubs operate. And besides, there's zero sense just picking people because they cost a lot, especially if it means leaving even more valuable players out.

It's not that different to 40m players sitting on the bench (or 28m from 5 years ago). Given fee inflation it's probably the same amount since those transfers was made no?

Can’t see Eriksen staying and us signing Lo Celso. In which case @camspurs I like the above msybe with Son for LC or Eriksen.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
We're going to play a brickload of games, so we need rotation options. Who did we have in the past to come in for Eriksen? No one. Enter Lo Celso. And is he going to purely be an Eriksen backup? Of course not, since he can play in a deeper role and also back up Ndombele. And wouldn't it be nice to have a quality backup for a change, rather than run our starters into the ground?

So even if backing up Ndombele and Eriksen is the only thing Lo Celso does, he's still going to get 40 odd games at a minimum and allow us to field a high quality team regardless of the opponent.

We're going to play a brickload of games, so we need rotation options. Who did we have in the past to come in for Eriksen? No one. Enter Lo Celso. And is he going to purely be an Eriksen backup? Of course not, since he can play in a deeper role and also back up Ndombele. And wouldn't it be nice to have a quality backup for a change, rather than run our starters into the ground?

So even if backing up Ndombele and Eriksen is the only thing Lo Celso does, he's still going to get 40 odd games at a minimum and allow us to field a high quality team regardless of the opponent.

I'm sold on the logic. Eriksen desperatly needs rotation and competition. Just can't see us shelling out £60m+ without Eriksen heading off too.

I'm sold on the logic. Eriksen desperatly needs rotation and competition. Just can't see us shelling out £60m+ without Eriksen heading off too.
Why not? It's not like we do not have the funds. Forget the past. We have made so much money from the CL and from not being active in the last couple of windows that we can afford it and the stadium is now built and will generate significant revenue also. That was the whole point of the "austerity" years: to get us to this point where we can spend £60m without having to recoup it somewhere else. I don't think that will be our modus operandi every window, but once in a while I would not be surprised to see it happen. And this was the perfect window for it to happen. The team is almost there and needed those 1-2 marquee players to get to the next level.

What I am surprised about is that we are offering him £150K/wk right off the bat, which is triple what he is currently on. My hunch is that this figure is inclusive of all incentives, though, but even if it isn't, I trust Levy knows what he's doing. He didn't get the club to this level to all of a sudden tinkle it all away.

If all the remaining transfers we're supposedly looking at (Lo Celso and Sessengon in; Rose, Wanyama, Nkoudou, Onomah, Carter-Vickers and Edwards out) happen, we're looking at a net spend of about £55m. I think that's about conceivable.

Our wage bill will likely go down quite a bit too - losing 7 senior players (Llorente, Vorm, Trippier, Rose, Wanyama, Janssen and Nkoudou) and bringing in only 3.

I want to belive, but have seen this operation in action for over a decade. And we have stadium debt. Figures have gone off the scale - including what Spurs earn - but £70m pounds. Think about that figure for a moment.

Gazzaniga (GK), Dier (RB), Sanchez (RCB), Verts (LCB), Davies (LWB), Sissoko (CDM), Winks (CDM), Eriksen (RAM), Alli (CAM), Lucas (LAM), Kane (CF).

Subs: Lloris (recovering from tonsilitis), Tanganga, Sessegnon, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Lamela, Parrott

Subs not used: Whiteman, Skipp, Roles, Georgiou

Suspended: Foyth (2 games), Son (2 games).

Sold/loaned by then: Wanyama, Alderweireld, NKoudou, Onomah, Carter-Vickers, Edwards

There you go.

Back