• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

You're doing your best to not understand it. Criticise all you want, but I think the two minimums should be factual and respectful (can almost guarantee the first comeback would be 'well Ndombele doesn't respect us/the club')

Not sure what you’re going on about.Suggest you go through pages on this and other forums and you’ll see many criticisms of many players. Would be the same at any other team up and down the country. Your suggestion that any player is above criticism as a result of them ‘dealing with something’ in their past is nonsense.

Stone me, surely if you are advocating Ndombele to get time and a chance you should be taking the same view on Lo Celso and vice versa given how both their careers at the club have tracked so far? Seems like the ultimate of hair splitting on that one

Stone me, surely if you are advocating Ndombele to get time and a chance you should be taking the same view on Lo Celso and vice versa given how both their careers at the club have tracked so far? Seems like the ultimate of hair splitting on that one
Indeed, if one deserves a chance then so does the other. Though I would argue that Ndombele has significantly more ability than Lo Celso and his PL performances for Spurs have been better than Lo Celso's thus far.

Irrespective of both players race or nationality their complete lack of effort once they or the team lost possession was/is unacceptable, even when you're not playing well people expect to see some effort and commitment as they've spent a lot of money and time to watch them, if a player can't or doesn't understand that they are disrespecting the fans.

Last edited:
I wish that I was as 'tubby' as Ndombele. I'd hazard a guess that I am probably in the slimmest 10% on this site as well.... Can only imagine the size of some of those on here calling Ndombele fat.

I also find it incredibly strange that Ndombele gets such a hard time on here yet Lo Celso seems to have a fan club even though Ndombele's output for Spurs has been higher than Lo Celso's (I posted the stats previously).

Yeh I made probably more weight quips on here than anyone with Ndombele, party because his name is perfect for it, but TBH I regret it, it's not a good look IMO. That not to say I won't make similar mistakes with others with emotion hahah but you have to separate the fact from fiction sometimes.

He isn't fat or overweight, he probably, dare I say, has certain genes that means he carries more shape in certain areas but he isn't fat.

I think his effort is up for question at times though, he has been a typical blood guts and thunder player with the ball and less without, I blatantly saw him feign injury to not chase back in the NLD at their place during Covid and it wasn't a good look.

That said I don't think we have ever utilised him to use his ability, he was never going to be Dembele MK2 and isn't a DM

Indeed, if one deserves a chance then so does the other. Though I would argue that Ndombele has significantly more ability than Lo Celso and his PL performances for Spurs have been better than Lo Celso's thus far.

I'd like to see both replaced. But i won't call them names.

Not sure what you’re going on about.Suggest you go through pages on this and other forums and you’ll see many criticisms of many players. Would be the same at any other team up and down the country. Your suggestion that any player is above criticism as a result of them ‘dealing with something’ in their past is nonsense.

Please show me where I said you can't criticise someone. The only thing I'm calling you out on is constantly calling him tubby. Don't know how much clearer I can make it for you.

Please show me where I said you can't criticise someone. The only thing I'm calling you out on is constantly calling him tubby. Don't know how much clearer I can make it for you.

It's not difficult to fathom, despite me being guilty of it.

Saying someone had a bad game is streets away from calling them fat.

3rd post up from the bottom on p259
2nd post on p260 (esp. 2nd bullet in it)
...then subsequent responses were you dodged the question. You said that we can't criticise players in case they had something in their background like Dele did

Look, Ndombele has a track record of being overweight and lazy. Mourinho made various comments about it whilst he was Spurs manager, and from a quick Google you can find comments from Emmanuel Petit agreeing with Mourinho and Carragher tearing shreds out of him...so this isn't something unprecedented

https://www.football.london/tottenh...jose-mourinho-tanguy-ndombele-lamela-17476445
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...mbele-overweight-emmanuel-petit-a4400501.html
https://thefootballfaithful.com/carragher-tanguy-ndombele-jose-mourinho-justified-criticism/

edit: and another from his time in France
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9436817/ndombeles-attitude-overweight-tottenham-transfer/

3rd post up from the bottom on p259
2nd post on p260 (esp. 2nd bullet in it)
...then subsequent responses were you dodged the question. You said that we can't criticise players in case they had something in their background like Dele did

Look, Ndombele has a track record of being overweight and lazy. Mourinho made various comments about it whilst he was Spurs manager, and from a quick Google you can find comments from Emmanuel Petit agreeing with Mourinho and Carragher tearing shreds out of him...so this isn't something unprecedented

https://www.football.london/tottenh...jose-mourinho-tanguy-ndombele-lamela-17476445
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...mbele-overweight-emmanuel-petit-a4400501.html
https://thefootballfaithful.com/carragher-tanguy-ndombele-jose-mourinho-justified-criticism/

edit: and another from his time in France
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9436817/ndombeles-attitude-overweight-tottenham-transfer/

There are some strokes taken there

1 - Mourinho does not call him overweight
2 - Petit uses a comment where he does not call him overweight to decide thats the reason
3 - Carra does the same and who can trust someone who spits at people from his car
4 - The article you posted states he was overweight on his rise around 17

BTW, I think his effort has been under whats needed, but just pointing out other than them adding in the weight issues from when he was a kid, there is not the track record you speak of and Jose nowhere calls him overweight, Petit and Spit boy have added that on for their own column inches. Plenty of players who fit Jose's comments of not being at it and declaring themselves unfit....Lo Celso, Lamela, Romero.....

Last edited:
There are some strokes taken there

1 - Mourinho does not call him overweight
2 - Petit uses a comment where he does not call him overweight to decide thats the reason
3 - Carra does the same and who can trust someone who spits at people from his car
4 - The article you posted states he was overweight on his rise around 17

Some of that is what is said overtly in public. Petit says "Is he overweight? He looks a little bit". Mourinho says that he's not in the condition to play, but not injured - need to read between the lines. The quote from hs coach in France saying he was overweight was indeed when he was young, but as I said it shows a track record rather than this criticism being something out of the blue and unprecedended. Lastly, there's what we can see with our own eyes.

Some of that is what is said overtly in public. Petit says "Is he overweight? He looks a little bit". Mourinho says that he's not in the condition to play, but not injured - need to read between the lines. The quote from hs coach in France saying he was overweight was indeed when he was young, but as I said it shows a track record rather than this criticism being something out of the blue and unprecedended. Lastly, there's what we can see with our own eyes.

What track record?

What track record?

Track record as in being something which has been with him all his career i.e. when he was in France and when he was at Spurs, rather than his weight, laziness and attitude being something that suddenly emerged when he came to PL and earned a pile of cash

Track record as in being something which has been with him all his career i.e. when he was in France and when he was at Spurs, rather than his weight, laziness and attitude being something that suddenly emerged when he came to PL and earned a pile of cash

And with that bombshell I will leave it there

I think you need to get laid.

Back