• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

How long is left on his contract? There has to be a point where it is more efficient to pay him off, assuming he'd agree. As per @superspurs we probably pay a good portion of his wages whilst he's on loan. There is also the cost of arranging the loans, be that what we pay agents (or consultants ;)) to find a loan, legal fees in drawing up contracts (yes, probably relatively straightforward but still a cost) and not least, the cost of time that Levy and/or other staff could be better spending elsewhere. We need to draw a line under this one.

How long is left on his contract? There has to be a point where it is more efficient to pay him off, assuming he'd agree. As per @superspurs we probably pay a good portion of his wages whilst he's on loan. There is also the cost of arranging the loans, be that what we pay agents (or consultants ;)) to find a loan, legal fees in drawing up contracts (yes, probably relatively straightforward but still a cost) and not least, the cost of time that Levy and/or other staff could be better spending elsewhere. We need to draw a line under this one.
2 years, so we have to go through this all again next summer

It would cost around £40m to pay him off. Half of that is wages due and half on his current book value. Sadly, loaning him out is still preferable

Think he's got 2 years left on his contract, at £200k/wk, which makes it a little over £20m to pay it off in its entirety. Ouch. Why should he settle for less? On one hand, there'd be the prospect of a nice juicy signing-on fee...but there's no way any other club would be prepared to pay those wages based on recent performances.

Assuming we pay half his wages for a year, that's £5m saved, with the chance that he has a stormer and we can sell him for £15m or so next summer. At this stage, I suspect he's a toxic person to have around the squad, and Levy and Ange just want rid. But I don't think any rich club would go near him -- either they can spend similar money on a bright young thing, or an older player with a better record. He hasn't got the profile for the Saudis to be interested.

Ndombele must be the worst signing Spurs have made in my time as a fan. So much potential, so little of it realised. Did he lose his way, not being handled well as a young man in a foreign country, or is he just a lazy f*cker who made it big and had no desire to go any further?

I'm probably being uncharitable, but it wouldn't surprise me if he turned down all possible moves this season, then went off on loan next year and played like the second coming of Messi to earn a big move somewhere on a free.

Yes, I hadn't really worked it through, so can see the hit might be too much to take.
It just feels like a never-ending saga that I wish would go away once and for all.

It would cost around £40m to pay him off. Half of that is wages due and half on his current book value. Sadly, loaning him out is still preferable

I think that's a slightly misleading way of looking at it. His remaining £20m book value is there whether we loan him our out or cancel his contract or have him rotting in the reserves, right? So it's really just the wages that are the question. Though to be fair I agree he's unlikely to accept anything other than full wages payout, so it probably is financially better for us to loan him twice and at least get some of that wage cost reduced.

I think that's a slightly misleading way of looking at it. His remaining £20m book value is there whether we loan him our out or cancel his contract or have him rotting in the reserves, right? So it's really just the wages that are the question. Though to be fair I agree he's unlikely to accept anything other than full wages payout, so it probably is financially better for us to loan him twice and at least get some of that wage cost reduced.

If we cancelled his contract, it would all appear in this year's accounts. Although, we would save the wages next year.

If we cancelled his contract, it would all appear in this year's accounts. Although, we would save the wages next year.

Ah fair enough - so it wouldn't cost us anything extra, it would just bring the costs forward from an accounting perspective.

Either way I agree loaning him our is preferable!

Levy and staff have been redrawing the lines... That's what they do. It is common knowledge that Levy drives hard bargain and values the deal size more than the team's readiness to compete.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Back