• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

1. Dele said the 'lazy' term followed him everywhere after it was said
2. You just don't know what a footballer is dealing with
3. You think a Spurs fan calling one of our players "tubby" on a regular basis is ok?
I think form what we know today what happens with Tanguy is all on him
There may be something that happened in his youth negatively. We don’t know not something if speculate on

I think form what we know today what happens with Tanguy is all on him
There may be something that happened in his youth negatively. We don’t know not something if speculate on

I'm not speculating on anything. I'm just saying it's inappropriate to call footballers names -- as childish as they may be -- like that.

3. You think a Spurs fan calling one of our players "tubby" on a regular basis is ok?

On this basis, no-one should ciriticise any player for any team, because 'You just don't know what a footballer is dealing with' to use your words

So no criticisms of Dier, Sanchez, Lloris' mistakes, Rodon or anyone else - ok? After all, we don't know what they're dealing with according to you.

What we do know of Ndombele is what we can see - he looks overweight, he doesnt work hard, he doesnt chase back....yet he's abundantly talented and paid extremely well. Can call him lazy if you prefer....but based on what you say, that still wouldnt make you happy because 'we just don't know what a footballer is dealing with' so no criticism is appropriate

I think he has a similar level of skill to de Bruyne and could be at that level, but KdB works hard, runs, is in good shape etc. They're polar opposites in terms of their application which makes a huge difference despite similar levels of raw ability

Last edited:
On this basis, no-one should ciriticise any player for any team, because 'You just don't know what a footballer is dealing with' to use your words

So no criticisms of Dier, Sanchez, Lloris' mistakes, Rodon or anyone else - ok? After all, we don't know what they're dealing with according to you.

What we do know of Ndombele is what we can see - he looks overweight, he doesnt work hard, he doesnt chase back....yet he's abundantly talented and paid extremely well. Can call him lazy if you prefer....but based on what you say, that still wouldnt make you happy because 'we just don't know what a footballer is dealing with' so no criticism is appropriate

I think he has a similar level of skill to de Bruyne and could be at that level, but KdB works hard, runs, is in good shape etc. They're polar opposites in terms of their application which makes a huge difference despite similar levels of raw ability

Calling him “tubby” isn’t criticism. It shouldn’t really be this difficult to understand.

Calling him “tubby” isn’t criticism. It shouldn’t really be this difficult to understand.
It is if part of his job is to stay in shape.

Not OK to refer to Steve from Accounts as tubby but a professional sportsperson should at least keep a minimum level of fitness.

I think calling him out for being overweight, lazy and lacking application is perfectly fair for a footballer.

Your view ("You just don't know what a footballer is dealing with") that he should be absolved of any criticism due to there being a very small % chance that something horrendous might have happened to him in his past I don't think gets him off. Sure, if there is something then fine. If not, then based on your view, we shouldnt criticise any player for anything

The point he is trying to make is that you don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

OK, so you won't criticise Dier or any other player in case there's something else going on behind the scenes?

I wish that I was as 'tubby' as Ndombele. I'd hazard a guess that I am probably in the slimmest 10% on this site as well.... Can only imagine the size of some of those on here calling Ndombele fat.

I also find it incredibly strange that Ndombele gets such a hard time on here yet Lo Celso seems to have a fan club even though Ndombele's output for Spurs has been higher than Lo Celso's (I posted the stats previously).

I wish that I was as 'tubby' as Ndombele. I'd hazard a guess that I am probably in the slimmest 10% on this site as well.... Can only imagine the size of some of those on here calling Ndombele fat.

I also find it incredibly strange that Ndombele gets such a hard time on here yet Lo Celso seems to have a fan club even though Ndombele's output for Spurs has been higher than Lo Celso's (I posted the stats previously).

But per @tommysvr you can't criticise Lo Celse in case there is something going on behind the scenes and we dont know what he's dealing with. That might be the cause of his underperformance

You can probably also get away with being overweight, like the rest of us, unless you're a professional sportsman/woman. As @scaramanga said well above, quite different impact if you work in Accounts vs play football (even setting aside fitness, showing some effort is a bare minimum too)

I think calling him out for being overweight, lazy and lacking application is perfectly fair for a footballer.

Your view ("You just don't know what a footballer is dealing with") that he should be absolved of any criticism due to there being a very small % chance that something horrendous might have happened to him in his past I don't think gets him off. Sure, if there is something then fine. If not, then based on your view, we shouldnt criticise any player for anything
He's not overweight and running stats don't support that he's lazy. His way of running is different, and makes it look slower than it is, but that's just a perception.

There's some very narrow paths players must follow to appease people here, as players that run a lot, immediately gets labelled headless chickens.
And calling someone with childish names isn't criticism. Grow up!

But per @tommysvr you can't criticise Lo Celse in case there is something going on behind the scenes and we dont know what he's dealing with. That might be the cause of his underperformance

You can probably also get away with being overweight, like the rest of us, unless you're a professional sportsman/woman. As @scaramanga said well above, quite different impact if you work in Accounts vs play football (even setting aside fitness, showing some effort is a bare minimum too)
I tend to just look at output and Ndombele's output for Spurs has been better than Lo Celsos. Yet only one of them gets pelters on here from a bunch of fans. Wonder why that is?

I guarantee that if Ndombele had played in those two quarter paced pre-season friendlies against weak opposition and played the same as Lo Celso did then the rhetoric on here would've been that it was only a quarter paced pre-season friendly against a crap team, etc.

I tend to just look at output and Ndombele's output for Spurs has been better than Lo Celsos. Yet only one of them gets pelters on here from a bunch of fans. Wonder why that is?

I guarantee that if Ndombele had played in those two quarter paced pre-season friendlies against weak opposition and played the same as Lo Celso did then the rhetoric on here would've been that it was only a quarter paced pre-season friendly against a crap team, etc.

Ndombele did himself no favours walking off the pitch when subbed.

OK, so you won't criticise Dier or any other player in case there's something else going on behind the scenes?

Critising a players performance(s) isn't the same as making personal insults.

Not really invested in this particular argument, just pointing it out.

I’m not sure GLC is the right performance barometer to use!

for different reasons, he hasn’t performed at Spurs but I’ve been told by Tommy that GLC isn’t allowed to be criticised as we don’t know if there’s something lurking in his past which is the root cause

You're doing your best to not understand it. Criticise all you want, but I think the two minimums should be factual and respectful (can almost guarantee the first comeback would be 'well Ndombele doesn't respect us/the club')

I didn't say you shouldn't do it, I was just explaining his view.

For me the extra stuff is just that. A criticism of performance is always valid even if outside influences play a part.

I don't think calling him Tubby is particularly useful. I don't even think he looks overweight but that's the narrative now I guess?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Back