• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

I remember him playing that role so well when we battered Saudi Sportswashing Machine the day Redknapp got cleared IIRC
He was a very talented player so a bit like Berbatov, he could play the solo role but that wasn't his preferred position nor what truly suited him. He was a creative forward rather than a No9.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

If he can get him to become a high intensity presser, we have a world class #8 on our hands

So that's a 'no' then.

We're looking at someone who is overweight and lazy, and never had the drive to get themselves in shape nor had the mental strength to actually work hard.

I can't think of anyone who fits less into Ange's high energy, high effort ethos.

"What that means for the long-term we'll see. Maybe he won't want to be part of this thing."
Exactly what he said to Maddison too!
Love this. No place for egos or bs.
"We're doing this. If you are part of it - great. If you are not - great. Whichever way it is.....WE are doing this."

Also.....he's working hard, like everyone..... because he doesn't have a choice :D

So that's a 'no' then.

We're looking at someone who is overweight and lazy, and never had the drive to get themselves in shape nor had the mental strength to actually work hard.

I can't think of anyone who fits less into Ange's high energy, high effort ethos.
Or..... someone that can't do it themselves and needs someone to be constantly pushing them and giving them no easy way out?
Time will tell.
And there may be plenty of reasons for poor application rather than laziness. ADHD for example.
He didn't get to where is by luck. I wonder if he had the right people pushing him at Marseille?
If (and it's a huge if), Ange is what he needs, then he'd be wise to embrace the opportunity.

Or..... someone that can't do it themselves and needs someone to be constantly pushing them and giving them no easy way out?
Time will tell.
And there may be plenty of reasons for poor application rather than laziness. ADHD for example.
He didn't get to where is by luck. I wonder if he had the right people pushing him at Marseille?
If (and it's a huge if), Ange is what he needs, then he'd be wise to embrace the opportunity.
Actually he has had a lot of luck
If you look at his youth history he dropped down the levels after not getting signed repeatedly
He went to Amiens in division 3 IIRC and even there he had a struggle
When he got in though he did well and got his move to Lyon
He did however IMO earn his chance to step as he was great at Lyon and exactly what we needed
Shame he hasn’t shown it here but a LOT of that is down to him IMO

Actually he has had a lot of luck
If you look at his youth history he dropped down the levels after not getting signed repeatedly
He went to Amiens in division 3 IIRC and even there he had a struggle
When he got in though he did well and got his move to Lyon
He did however IMO earn his chance to step as he was great at Lyon and exactly what we needed
Shame he hasn’t shown it here but a LOT of that is down to him IMO

Yep, but I think that has actually been the issue

- In his development years he didn't have the consistent professionalism and training routine that most players do, his struggles to get established probably (we don't know) did help build that base of fitness/expected grind that most players have by time they turn pro.

Yep, but I think that has actually been the issue

- In his development years he didn't have the consistent professionalism and training routine that most players do, his struggles to get established probably (we don't know) did help build that base of fitness/expected grind that most players have by time they turn pro.

On the flip you would hope that lack of opportunity would make the light burn brighter, alot of this has to come from the player, he has been in the system long enough now for it not to be an issue.

We can only speculate on his attitude or drive but as maybe more factual based he is supremely talented player who has not played enough football at the level he should be at in recent years, that needs to change for him

On the flip you would hope that lack of opportunity would make the light burn brighter, alot of this has to come from the player, he has been in the system long enough now for it not to be an issue.

We can only speculate on his attitude or drive but as maybe more factual based he is supremely talented player who has not played enough football at the level he should be at in recent years, that needs to change for him
The greats have a self belief that’s unbreakable
Some have talent to be great bug without that mindset… they become normal

Kane is the epitome for me of a player with elite mindset who has elevated his game … but also works hard every day to improve

So you’re persisting with Tubby eh?

Tubby, Fatty....even Ndombele here and there! Someone who puts in as little effort as he does yet has so much natural ability and potential, but at the same time earns a fortune, deserves limited respect

Tubby, Fatty....even Ndombele here and there! Someone who puts in as little effort as he does yet has so much natural ability and potential, but at the same time earns a fortune, deserves limited respect

I’d have thought the Dele interview might change things like this for the better. Guess not. Embarrassing for you.

I’d have thought the Dele interview might change things like this for the better. Guess not. Embarrassing for you.

I haven't watched the interview, but I haven't seen or heard anything which draws any parallel whatsoever between what happened to Dele and Ndombele's lack of application. Completely separate unless you have something you can share?

I haven't watched the interview, but I haven't seen or heard anything which draws any parallel whatsoever between what happened to Dele and Ndombele's lack of application. Completely separate unless you have something you can share?

Watch the interview

Back