• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

If a guy of his insane ability can’t get on the pitch today ahead of Winks and Sissoko, after 3 months to get the right fitness and/or attitude in Jose’s mind, then I can’t see anything but a transfer in the summer. It’s really depressing that he seems en route to not fulfilling his immense potential with us.

Unless he’s being saved to start against West Ham where we expect to have more possession, because few players will play twice in 4 days after this weird long break? But even then, why not give him some time after Utd scored?

If a guy of his insane ability can’t get on the pitch today ahead of Winks and Sissoko, after 3 months to get the right fitness and/or attitude in Jose’s mind, then I can’t see anything but a transfer in the summer. It’s really depressing that he seems en route to not fulfilling his immense potential with us.

Unless he’s being saved to start against West Ham where we expect to have more possession, because few players will play twice in 4 days after this weird long break? But even then, why not give him some time after Utd scored?

The Spam game will be the real answer to what Mourinho thinks of him. If he doesn't start in that one, then either he's still unfit (which, at this stage, is so unforgivable that I'm not sure why anyone would be against him being summarily binned come the window)...or he is fit, and Mourinho's decided to make him his spacegoat, like Pogba at United, Mata at Chelsea, Casillas at Madrid, and so on.

The Spam game will be the real answer to what Mourinho thinks of him. If he doesn't start in that one, then either he's still unfit (which, at this stage, is so unforgivable that I'm not sure why anyone would be against him being summarily binned come the window)...or he is fit, and Mourinho's decided to make him his spacegoat, like Pogba at United, Mata at Chelsea, Casillas at Madrid, and so on.
Where would you play him?

In what way can this situation be described as making him as a spacegoat or spacegoat even? It's not like he's been smashing it then been dropped.

Seems quite clear that either Mourinho just doesn't trust him or he's waiting for him to prove himself somehow.

Using just two subs, one of them Gedson, complaining about a lack of options on the bench. If that is the build-up to him starting against West Ham it would be very surprising to me at least.

I'm surprised at the surprise on Ndombele, he's been awful, no way we could risk a player that doesn't run/tackle/concentrate in that game last night. He has to prove himself all over again.

I'm surprised at the surprise on Ndombele, he's been awful, no way we could risk a player that doesn't run/tackle/concentrate in that game last night. He has to prove himself all over again.

how can he prove himself unless he’s given minutes to prove himself? Surely it was worth bringing him on for Kane and shuffling the team, given that Kane was ineffective last night and mostly invisible?

how can he prove himself unless he’s given minutes to prove himself? Surely it was worth bringing him on for Kane and shuffling the team, given that Kane was ineffective last night and mostly invisible?

agree on Kane, but there were better options on the bench imo

I expect he'll get chances against the brick sides, depends on what he's doing in training

I assume Mourinho was making a point to Ndombele i.e. you are not a guaranteed starter, nor even a guaranteed sub, you need to show the fight and grit required to make it into my team. So Mou will hope to see the right response in training for a couple of days, and if so, he will say "Tanguy, you are now showing the desire I want to see, I will play you".

For me it is a huge disappointment that we don't see GLC and Ndombele combining on the pitch, they are truly brilliant at getting the ball into the forwards.
I don't know what the formation would be, but it should be "some defensive guys that just defend" and then somehow get those 2 onto the pitch, feeding a couple of forwards.

I assume Mourinho was making a point to Ndombele i.e. you are not a guaranteed starter, nor even a guaranteed sub, you need to show the fight and grit required to make it into my team. So Mou will hope to see the right response in training for a couple of days, and if so, he will say "Tanguy, you are now showing the desire I want to see, I will play you".

For me it is a huge disappointment that we don't see GLC and Ndombele combining on the pitch, they are truly brilliant at getting the ball into the forwards.
I don't know what the formation would be, but it should be "some defensive guys that just defend" and then somehow get those 2 onto the pitch, feeding a couple of forwards.
I think we can only play those two together in a team in a 4-2-3-1 if we have a real, proper DM. For now Sissoko in that role is probably as close as we have but upgrade that position to somebody top class (Kalvin Phillips from Leeds please) and I think we'd instantly have a good balance to the team.

A 4-1-4-1 formation might end up working for Spurs but that formation probably has no place for Dele and also would rely on the wide players (Son & Bergwign/Moura) having to track the opposition full back's runs forward and none of them have ever really shown to me that they do that consistently.

It seems to me that we have quite a few players at Spurs suited to certain systems but perhaps not 11 all suited to the same system?

We can’t get our record signing into a struggling side after a full lockdown to train?

It’s not a good look
Said it before... I think Mourinho is looking for some kind of reaction or response from Ndombele, primarily in training.

Time to train is one thing, willingness, mentality something else.

If he's not proving to Mourinho week in week out that he deserves a role then he doesn't get one. Either he changes or he's done here. Frustrating, sad, but that's the reality.

Back