• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

And the source of the issue was the same as with Poch, too many workmen and not enough craftsmen on the pitch. You need guile to win these matches, you need quality, you need inventiveness. We are lacking in those areas and have been even in the Poch golden era.
Agreed
Eriksen struggled to pick these locks too

I thought a couple of Conte's subs were a bit weird considering we were up against 10 men and drawing the game.

Reguilion had to come off as he is a bit brain dead and there was a significant risk that he would allow the ref to even things up with a red card for us. I thought the decision to replace him with Doherty was strange though.... Bringing Moura on at that point and moving Davies out the left would've kept on one of our potential goal threats in Dele and avoided us having a right footed player on the left and therefore not being able to stretch the opposition as wide as possible. If Conte REALLY wanted to retain his 3-5-2 type formation then he could've perhaps dropped Hojbjerg into the back 3 (though I don't think we needed 3 back there to deal with Southampton's extremely limited attacks).

His next sub was also strange I thought. Surely Hojbjerg is the next player that needs to come off, being the least likely to create/score a goal? There was pretty much zero ball to be won so why keep a destroyer on the pitch at this point? Ending that match with all of Davies, Sanchez, Dier and Hojbjerg on the pitch was really strange considering we had far better ball players on the bench and the team had about 80% possession

Conte is still drilling this system into the players. It's this way all the way. It's going to take a hell of a lot for him to change that and it's fine. Ben working for weeks on how to attack with this system, need a goal, stick with it. I get that there are other ways of doing things, but I like his conviction.

Davies is important to our attack in that role that he's made his own over these weeks. Pushing him wide left removes an important cog. Yeah, it could work, but what Conte did could also have worked.

Both wing backs had to come off at some point. So the decision is made when Alli comes off. Could definitely see an argument for taking off Hojbjerg at that point, but it's not like Alli had a particularly good game.

I think Lucas on as a wing back instead and Ndombele for Alli or Hojbjerg would have been interesting.

Lucas isn't at his best when there isn't space to attack, unfortunately him on in that role left him with little space to attack.

Then again, use Lucas as the RWB sub and you don't win there would be loads of posts on here about why Conte played Lucas out of position when on form up front.

I agree some of the decisions seemed strange. But I think the reasoning behind them seems sound enough. Fine margins.

A lot of people were complaining after the match because Tanguy did not come on when they were down to 10 men. Maybe based on what he does in training Conte felt he could not rely on him, lets face it he would not be the first manager to think that.

While many people to see him as a playmaker/creator extraordinaire who can run our midfield they have to remember he has only made 10 assists in two and a half years. It seems whenever he does not play and we do not get the 3 points people come on here waxing lyrical as to how good he is. The fact is he is probably the most naturally gifted player player in our squad but if he does not apply himself he will become another Adel Taarabt or a Ravel Morrison (remember that goal he scored against us?).

If he does not play regularly it is because he continually fails to prove to a world class manager like Conte that he deserves to play.
He played vs the 2nd best team in the league, and did well, especially defensively, and did not deserve to not play yesterday. The trust thing is gonad*s imo. He's shown that he does his fair share of leg work, and most importantly, is capable of threading a pass through a tight defense like no other player we have.
Found it really strange to not play him, but I guess Conte thought we had enough quality to win vs 10 men, and wanted to use the squad and get everyone playing at some stage.

Do people really think Conte wouldn't want a Ndombele he can trust? He would be one of the first names on the team sheet. Unfortunately, he's a liability and Conte won't pin his hopes on him. The sort of player that gets a manager the sack.

Do people really think Conte wouldn't want a Ndombele he can trust? He would be one of the first names on the team sheet. Unfortunately, he's a liability and Conte won't pin his hopes on him. The sort of player that gets a manager the sack.

This, he has had his chances and more often then not he has not taken them.

What did he do wrong against Liverpool? I think Conte just wanted to use everyone, and thought we'd be able to find a winner without him.

He's played well more often than not. Why does he have a totally different benchmark than any other player?

Not sure he does to most fans, but IF he does maybe its to do with him being our biggest transfer and has shown really nothing to justify that?.

Let's face it. N'dombele is a very talented player. But Conte is a system manager. He can use him from time to time but I don't feel like he will ever be a full Conte player. He puts in more effort than before but his positional discipline is suspect. I really like him as a player. But I just don't see it working now and it's best to move him in whilst he is still worth a lot of money.

What did he do wrong against Liverpool? I think Conte just wanted to use everyone, and thought we'd be able to find a winner without him.
What did he do well vs pool?
He made 4 successful passes in the first half, I can tell you that

when he came on the other day vs palace he was poor. He made 9 passes but no key ones. He lost all 3 of his duels. He did make 1 foul though

Last edited:
Not sure he does to most fans, but IF he does maybe its to do with him being our biggest transfer and has shown really nothing to justify that?.
His transfer price isn't his fault!! And yes, most in here have a totally different benchmark for Ndombele.

His transfer price isn't his fault!! And yes, most in here have a totally different benchmark for Ndombele.

Of course the transfer fee is not his fault, however when you pay that kind of money you exspect the player to be a BIT special and show far better peformances more often then he has turned out so far.

Of course the transfer fee is not his fault, however when you pay that kind of money you exspect the player to be a BIT special and show far better peformances more often then he has turned out so far.
I think existing consistency is key
We haven’t seen that yet
People focus on his work rate but I’ll happily see less work if we see more magic

I think existing consistency is key
We haven’t seen that yet
People focus on his work rate but I’ll happily see less work if we see more magic
He touched the ball less than 20 times against a midfield of Keita, Milner and Morton. Liverpool were missing their first team midfielders and he didn’t exactly do a lot,except work hard which is the bare minimum for a CM. Conte is yet another coach who is just not fancying him, they can’t all be wrong. It’s time to move on, it’s not happening here…..

He touched the ball less than 20 times against a midfield of Keita, Milner and Morton. Liverpool were missing their first team midfielders and he didn’t exactly do a lot,except work hard which is the bare minimum for a CM. Conte is yet another coach who is just not fancying him, they can’t all be wrong. It’s time to move on, it’s not happening here…..
I’m not arguing
Some people think he was decent that game too
The guy just doesn’t do enough currently
Compare the change in winks to him as an example
Tanguy has the tools but he really isn’t showing them enough
It’s why I mentioned consistency. We need to see more solid performances from him

He played vs the 2nd best team in the league, and did well, especially defensively, and did not deserve to not play yesterday. The trust thing is gonad*s imo. He's shown that he does his fair share of leg work, and most importantly, is capable of threading a pass through a tight defense like no other player we have.
Found it really strange to not play him, but I guess Conte thought we had enough quality to win vs 10 men, and wanted to use the squad and get everyone playing at some stage.

In case you had not noticed, the only reason he started against Liverpool was because the team was getting over a COVID outbreak. That was the only league start in 7 matches. It says something when he would rather start Winks ahead of him, or most of the time brink Winks on ahead of him. I am not the one making these decisions Conte is.

He's played well more often than not. Why does he have a totally different benchmark than any other player?

Not the player I've seen.
Even the games he plays well in it's not for the whole game.
He is a show pony.
Love his highlight reel, but no part of a team

Back