• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Winks pass for the 2nd goal was the best pass of the game abs he played more passes into attacking areas than Tanguy did. In fact Dier was the best passer statistically from what I’ve read
Tanguy isn’t the only player who can pass. He may have been the only one with license to do so under previous managers
He did take risks too yesterday. One midway through the first half where it got caught under his feet and they attacked Sanchez off it and had a decent shot from Trent
Second half he also did it in our area but defended it well
The guy can play as we all know. Conte will make the big calls in him and he will decide what happens next for Tanguy at spurs
I know you're a fan of Winks but how can you say that was a great pass when it wasn't on target and the keeper 9/10 clears it. It was a keeper mistake that led to the goal, from a decent pass but not a great one. A great one would have been into space for Son to get it unmolested like the first go.

I know you're a fan of Winks but how can you say that was a great pass when it wasn't on target and the keeper 9/10 clears it. It was a keeper mistake that led to the goal, from a decent pass but not a great one. A great one would have been into space for Son to get it unmolested like the first go.

The keeper had to come out yet again and leave his area because the pass was in the right space to cause problems for him.

And Because it was one of many he did like that all game that if son or dele had Controlled better we would have had more goals

watch motd2 for the way they highlight it

Winks pass for the 2nd goal was the best pass of the game abs he played more passes into attacking areas than Tanguy did. In fact Dier was the best passer statistically from what I’ve read
Tanguy isn’t the only player who can pass. He may have been the only one with license to do so under previous managers
He did take risks too yesterday. One midway through the first half where it got caught under his feet and they attacked Sanchez off it and had a decent shot from Trent
Second half he also did it in our area but defended it well
The guy can play as we all know. Conte will make the big calls in him and he will decide what happens next for Tanguy at spurs
Winks' pass for the second goal results in the keeper clearing the ball on 19 occasions out of 20. Ndombele's pass into Kane results in a striker having a shot on goal 20 times out of 20. Not sure how you can rate Winks' (actually overhit) pass as better than Ndombele's perfect assist (and I'm not knocking Winks here as I thought he had a very good game.... probably just behind only Sessegnon and Dele of all our players yesterday).

Winks' pass for the second goal results in the keeper clearing the ball on 19 occasions out of 20. Ndombele's pass into Kane results in a striker having a shot on goal 20 times out of 20. Not sure how you can rate Winks' (actually overhit) pass as better than Ndombele's perfect assist (and I'm not knocking Winks here as I thought he had a very good game.... probably just behind only Sessegnon and Dele of all our players yesterday).
Because the pass was into the area where keeper have to stick or twist
And the same keeper made the same mistake twice in the game (he missed one earlier in the half when left by TaA
It was exactly what conte wanted him to do
Ball over the top into the space behind the defender. You also have to look at the play winks did before the pass to give it more context and of course winks was with his weaker foot.

Because the pass was into the area where keeper have to stick or twist
And the same keeper made the same mistake twice in the game (he missed one earlier in the half when left by TaA
It was exactly what conte wanted him to do
Ball over the top into the space behind the defender. You also have to look at the play winks did before the pass to give it more context and of course winks was with his weaker foot.
The pass was to a place where the keeper clears it 19 time out of 20. It was the 'right' pass but still shoudn't have resulted in a goal. The assist from Ndombele results in a goal every time Harry hits a shot within a yard of the far post (which with Harry is probably 7 or 8 times out of 10).

The pass was to a place where the keeper clears it 19 time out of 20. It was the 'right' pass but still shoudn't have resulted in a goal. The assist from Ndombele results in a goal every time Harry hits a shot within a yard of the far post (which with Harry is probably 7 or 8 times out of 10).
I’ve watched it back and also read Michael cox’s analysis of the game and passing
Tanguys pass is straight and very simple actually (weight was very key) but nothing outstanding
Winks pass had to be longer to get past the defender and yep the keeper may have got there but he didn’t as he didn't earlier in the game. It was exactly what conte asked him to do hence why I think it was better
On retrospect The best passes of the game though we’re the two to dele from Dier and Sanchez respectively

Watching the game again, in the first 10 minutes Ndombele also almost put Kane in one on one after a beautiful first time pass to Ndombele from Dele and just after that he put Son in with what could and should've been Son having a chance to get a shot on goal from a central area inside the penalty area had Son managed to control the ball properly.

Watching the game again, in the first 10 minutes Ndombele also almost put Kane in one on one after a beautiful first time pass to Ndombele from Dele and just after that he put Son in with what could and should've been Son having a chance to get a shot on goal from a central area inside the penalty area had Son managed to control the ball properly.

Yeah, he definitely had more than the one good moment.

Good enough to warrant a start with everyone fit, not so sure. But a decent enough showing in a big game played at a high tempo.

Will be interesting to see when he next gets minutes.

He only made 16 passes all game, less than 70% successful and only made one accurate through ball which was for Kanes goal
I thought he was ok but the numbers show he must do better IMO

He only made 16 passes all game, less than 70% successful and only made one accurate through ball which was for Kanes goal
I thought he was ok but the numbers show he must do better IMO
Yeah, I'm not saying that he was brilliant. Just that you could see how beneficial Ndombele could be to this team on the few occasions when we actually got on the ball inside Liverpool's half in the first half of that match.... Most of the first half Ndombele was defending on our right hand side helping make sure Liverpool didn't get a numerical overload as they were attempting to do constantly by getting all of Mane, Robertson and Milner into that zone and also occasionally Keita getting into that zone as well.

Yeah, I'm not saying that he was brilliant. Just that you could see how beneficial Ndombele could be to this team on the few occasions when we actually got on the ball inside Liverpool's half in the first half of that match.... Most of the first half Ndombele was defending on our right hand side helping make sure Liverpool didn't get a numerical overload as they were attempting to do constantly by getting all of Mane, Robertson and Milner into that zone and also occasionally Keita getting into that zone as well.

The guy has to impose himself in these games
His defending was ok and he was in the right spaces but he has to offer more to stay in the team now
I wanna see him boss games with his talent

I’ve watched it back and also read Michael cox’s analysis of the game and passing
Tanguys pass is straight and very simple actually (weight was very key) but nothing outstanding
Winks pass had to be longer to get past the defender and yep the keeper may have got there but he didn’t as he didn't earlier in the game. It was exactly what conte asked him to do hence why I think it was better
On retrospect The best passes of the game though we’re the two to dele from Dier and Sanchez respectively
Wow, just wow! That Ndombele pass is ANYTHING but simple! The weight has to be absolutely perfect! To soft, and it doesn't get to Kane, to hard and he doesn't reach it. Also the direction had to be perfect. A foot to either side and it gets intercepted or it hits Kane on the heel.
Winks pass wasn't even close to Son! It gets whacked up field by the GK 199 times out of 200!!
Your logic is mind boggling!

Wow, just wow! That Ndombele pass is ANYTHING but simple! The weight has to be absolutely perfect! To soft, and it doesn't get to Kane, to hard and he doesn't reach it. Also the direction had to be perfect. A foot to either side and it gets intercepted or it hits Kane on the heel.
Winks pass wasn't even close to Son! It gets whacked up field by the GK 199 times out of 200!!
Your logic is mind boggling!
Your bias is mind boggling I’d say
it’s a straight pass from Tanguy. Hi angle, curve or anything. He had to weight it right and that was it
It’s literally a pass between two players, one of which was looking at royal
As I say I’ve seen some great analysis of it on the athletic by non biased experts
One other comment was Kane adjusted his run to take it first time… which he did of course
I just checked and that was 1 of 4 passes he had completed going forward in that half
He was however dispossessed twice and also had 2 unsuccessful touches … I mean that’s pretty poor stats for a creative player
He also made NO tackles but did make 1 clearance
You did watch the game and see that Allison did also make a hash of another pass in the first half very similar to winks one (TAA left it) and also the fact that we were actually playing those balls over all game as part of contes plan (Dier hit 13 accurate long ones and Sanchez even put dele in with one for the penalty incident).

To me if a player executes a move planned for by the coach that is better than a player doing something not planned for as it literally goes against the plan. It’s how conte works. Do what he tells you to do.

Tanguy is a baller but his all round game needs to be much better. What we don’t know is how bad he has been with COVID if he was one of the infected, same with any player

Last edited:
7094DD81-22BB-4C59-9359-3E9A0F699E23.jpeg

Here is a small extract from the article I was referring too. It’s a straight 12 yard pass. It’s well weighted but it’s a basic pass if argue for any competent player with so much time on the ball

View attachment 13314

Here is a small extract from the article I was referring too. It’s a straight 12 yard pass. It’s well weighted but it’s a basic pass if argue for any competent player with so much time on the ball
You can argue all you want, but claiming that a pass that goes to an opponent is better than than that pass, is so ridiculous that it's not worth spending more time on. I certainly won't!

View attachment 13314

What's their analysis of the overhit Winks pass by the way?

Bedford I generally agree with your views but here I think your love of Winks is blinding you. [emoji1787]

What's their analysis of the overhit Winks pass by the way?

Bedford I generally agree with your views but here I think your love of Winks is blinding you. [emoji1787]
I have no love for winks
I love our players when they play well
I’ve also gone back and rewatched the game
Tanguy was not great
Winks was excellent (first time in an long time)
We got a recent result
Tanguys pass was a 12 yard straight pass with no pressure on him. He executed it really well as he should
Winks was a pass over their midfield and defence whilst running. It was a much harder pass and it Lead to a goal

the athletic talk a lot about how good winks and dele were. They also talk about the cute ball over the top that we played regally. Dier made 13 accurate long balls and actually (as I said earlier) on reflection his ball for deles weak pass up Kane was the best of all… although his one to Reggie late on was quality too.

View attachment 13314

Without getting into a discussion about the better pass, I'm just fudging glad we are playing passes like that again.
If you were playing spot the ball with that picture two months ago you would be picking a spot out towards royal, at best.
So refreshing that we not only want to go forward, but that we aren't relying on one player making the pass.
Ndombele, winks, dier and Sanchez all created chances with penetrative passes.
Bliss.

And of course some of what I have just said is covered in a latet post:rolleyes:

Back