• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

... with the players Poch inherited or were bought in his first two seasons.

Everything went south in the summer of '16 with Sissoko, Janssen and Nkoudou followed the year after by Sanchez, Aurier and Foyth and the cherry on the top being the 18 summer window where we bought no-one because "we could not find anyone who could improve the squad"! And to add insult to injury we then overcompensated in 19, with every single purchase - Sissoko, Ndombele, Sessegnon and Clark - being a unmitigated disaster.

So were we really "doing well until recently"?

There are two of them?! :eek:

If you watch the video clips from Spurs on training activities, he's clearly in with his team mates. They all seem to be having fun and joking around with one another and Ndombele looks like one of the boys. He'll be there in due time and another season of sick, jaw-dropping moments like last season will set him up nicely for a properly priced transfer to Country Club FC in the days ahead.

If you watch the video clips from Spurs on training activities, he's clearly in with his team mates. They all seem to be having fun and joking around with one another and Ndombele looks like one of the boys. He'll be there in due time and another season of sick, jaw-dropping moments like last season will set him up nicely for a properly priced transfer to Country Club FC in the days ahead.

Son makes everyone laugh, great pic of him on son's back ..

He is supposed to be a 200k a week footballer not a child.
When things don't go his way, he sulks like a 5 year old.

If this is what he is like in an open training session then what is he like the rest of the time?

If this is what he is like in an open training session then what is he like the rest of the time?

He absolutely needs to fix his approach/attitude

But I wouldn't use this example, Dier is 27 year old senior pro at the club, gets mugged by Ndombele in an open training session and feels like he has to retaliate? that's fudging poor mate.

He absolutely needs to fix his approach/attitude

But I wouldn't use this example, Dier is 27 year old senior pro at the club, gets mugged by Ndombele in an open training session and feels like he has to retaliate? that's fudging poor mate.
Retaliate? You’re talking as if he chased after him and tried to hack him down - it wasn’t as if it was a bad foul. He just lazily stuck out a leg - basically Diers standard defending since he’s been here:D….

I hope this transfer window closes and he realises playing well for Nuno is his best chance to get into the French world cup plans. We spent far too much on him to write him off before the new manager has even had a chance to work his magic with him. We've seen his attitude turn full circle in the space of a few months before, the same thing could happen again. I want him to stay, fight for his place and prove the critics wrong.

I hope we find a buyer. Can't have a player who's now been given a fresh start by a new manager just sulk around and do fudge all on those wages. Brilliant talent, but just not professional enough.

After watching that I’m doubting that his teammates will proclaim Ndombele to be the best player they’re ever trained with, like they used to with his predecessor…

If he does go to italy they might be able to put him on the same diet as lukaku. He looked very sharp, quick and powerful today.

The young buy of the summer IIRC.

Still think we should persevere and see what the new manager can get out of him. His ceiling is higher than anyone we have at the club or could reasonably hope to sign.
Agreed.

If rumours are to be believed it's probably mostly about if we can find a buying club that's willing to pay what we want or not (and pay enough in wages).

For me we desperately need his quality, he showed last season that he can work hard enough. If he's fed up and just wants out there's not much the club can do, but I'm still hoping for a turnaround.

Back