• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Hasn’t been as good since was moved to CM for me. I get it’s better for the team as he’s better on the ball than Winks or Sissoko still. But when he’s further up the pitch he hurts the opposition more and when his tricks don’t come off we aren’t left in such a vulnerable position as we are when he loses it on the half way line at CM. He’s not Dembele, who non-figuratively no one could get the ball off of ever....

I don’t like him back there either, I’d prefer Sissoko in there or GLC when he is fit.

PEH hasn’t had a break and is obviously flagging but I don’t think that’s the only reason he’s gone to brick lately, it dovetails with Ndombele being moved back.

This was the sort of game I expected him to step up and he did not, was hoping he was moving into the world class category but he still disappears to much for my liking.
I feel that his game is dependent on having good movement from players further forward, which we didn't have today, especially after Son went off. And with Kane dropping deep as much as he does it gives him one option fewer. And less.

I think his game is dependent on receiving the ball in smart areas from behind and beside him. Again, Arteta's press meant he was either getting bypassed by poor passes from the back, or having to drop so deep, that by the time he turned to assess his option, the Goons had dropped into shape whilst maintaining pressure on him. Add to that the way in which he was assaulted Thursday. It was disgraceful!!!! There is a real argument for saying (in hindsight) Sissoko should've started today, but we'd have mauled Mourinho for that too.

I think his game is dependent on receiving the ball in smart areas from behind and beside him. Again, Arteta's press meant he was either getting bypassed by poor passes from the back, or having to drop so deep, that by the time he turned to assess his option, the Goons had dropped into shape whilst maintaining pressure on him. Add to that the way in which he was assaulted Thursday. It was disgraceful!!!! There is a real argument for saying (in hindsight) Sissoko should've started today, but we'd have mauled Mourinho for that too.
Our buildup play from the back was filled with those poor passes that put players under pressure leading to backwards passes.

Our buildup play ended up more or less being us waiting for 5-10 seconds until Lloris launched a more or less useless long ball towards our front men.

Would have liked Ndombele to take charge of that, demand the ball, break the press, hurt them in the ways we know he's capable of. Yesterday wasn't that day, but the working conditions for him were difficult.

Personally I think too many excuses are being made for Ndombele here. I watched the first half again last night, and there’s too many times where defenders are looking for an option and Ndombele is making no effort whatsoever to move into space, often whilst pointing for the pass to go to another defender instead. I don’t know whether it’s fatigue, laziness, fear of making a mistake, fear of being fouled / hurt... but something isn’t right there.

Our buildup play from the back was filled with those poor passes that put players under pressure leading to backwards passes.

Our buildup play ended up more or less being us waiting for 5-10 seconds until Lloris launched a more or less useless long ball towards our front men.

Would have liked Ndombele to take charge of that, demand the ball, break the press, hurt them in the ways we know he's capable of. Yesterday wasn't that day, but the working conditions for him were difficult.

Arteta kept Reggie and Toby shackled from distributing.

Personally I think too many excuses are being made for Ndombele here. I watched the first half again last night, and there’s too many times where defenders are looking for an option and Ndombele is making no effort whatsoever to move into space, often whilst pointing for the pass to go to another defender instead. I don’t know whether it’s fatigue, laziness, fear of making a mistake, fear of being fouled / hurt... but something isn’t right there.
That’s what I saw as well. Both Ndombele and Bale were hiding from the ball. Moura (and Lamela for his cameo appearance) was the only player looking for it.

How? he non-figuratively brought off their best attacker who was playing their side
With well orchestrated pressing and the pressing players closing off the main passing lanes as they closed their player down. I was impressed (*hurts me to say it*) with the coordination of their press. We needed much better and smarter movement and also a player to take a risk to play through it).

With well orchestrated pressing and the pressing players closing off the main passing lanes as they closed their player down. I was impressed (*hurts me to say it*) with the coordination of their press. We needed much better and smarter movement and also a player to take a risk to play through it).
Cannot criticise arsenal but our better players with the ball need to offer more and work more when we’re being pressed
As you say, movement is key too
Tanguy and Bale didn’t move. That’s two key ball players killing some of the orotundity to negate that press.

Cannot criticise arsenal but our better players with the ball need to offer more and work more when we’re being pressed
As you say, movement is key too
Tanguy and Bale didn’t move. That’s two key ball players killing some of the orotundity to negate that press.

I’ll be honest, I’m 50/50 on that being brilliant use of language or your dodgy keyboard :D

I’ll be honest, I’m 50/50 on that being brilliant use of language or your dodgy keyboard :D
I’m actually walking and typing whilst on a call so the “opportunity” was gone

but on the match again... you cannot carry 6/7 players not working hard enough in the premier league. Arsenal worked harder than us yesterday but still barely tested Hugo which shows how hard work can still get rewards.

Back