• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tactics Thread

dont you recognise this tactic / formation

et tu KD? et tu!!??

shame man, you let me down...i thought you of all people would have known exactly what was going down when you saw the line up

I don't like both Lamela and Siggy coming in field tbh. I prefer one that can come infield AND outfield (like Navas) and the other that strictly comes in field to make it a midfield 3 (Nasri). Siggy or Eriksen on the left can do that and i think Lennon and Chadli will work well on the other side as they can go infield and outfield.

I don't like both Lamela and Siggy coming in field tbh. I prefer one that can come infield AND outfield (like Navas) and the other that strictly comes in field to make it a midfield 3 (Nasri). Siggy or Eriksen on the left can do that and i think Lennon and Chadli will work well on the other side as they can go infield and outfield.

Alternatively Lamela on the right with Townsend on the left would work well.

ah, so you DO remember the wonky / lobsided formation.

yeah i agree. lennon on the right would have killed it but i dont mind a diamond or box formation as long as we have good technical passing footballers

Appreciate that and I'm not a Daws hater at all. I just think that Vlad and Verts will be the future pairing going forward.

kinda scary but am willing to accept that its your opinion...it may work who knows...but vlad IMO needs to wake up some

People talked about the narrowing of the midfield today, but did anyone else notice how wide the strikers stayed?? I remember a couple if times both Ade and Soldado really stayed wide and forced the centre halves into a footrace. I mean Ade's first came from a Soldado cross and really Soldado should've scored off of Ade's cross.

Well he did it five times today, more than any other player on the pitch apart from Cork (also 5).

Accoriding to stats anything can be made to look great. I personally didn't see him make more than one but I don't think he bad a game at all but tackling for me is not something he does enough of

ah, so you DO remember the wonky / lobsided formation.

yeah i agree. lennon on the right would have killed it but i dont mind a diamond or box formation as long as we have good technical passing footballers

Check my team on page 5 of the OMT and it's exactly how I described it except I had Lennon in and Capoue in te holding role

----------- Lloris
Walker Dawson Vlad Rose
Lennon Dembele Capoue Eriksen
-------- Soldado Ade

I posted that on page 4 of the OMT.

Lennon is not a poor passer. Capoue isn't either according to some on here, I haven't really noticed one way or the other.

When i mean poor passer its not about technique. I mean a lack of vision not being able to spot the right pass at the right time, and dwelling on the ball.
Lamela pass for Soldado today I could not see Lennon spotting.
When Lennon does spot it, he play a good through ball but he doesnt do it enough.

Am I the minority who never doubt about Capoue's passing ability?

Well actually how many games has he been played to his natural position ?

Even people thought he didn't have a Gd game ( or a bad game indeed. ) He was still able retain a high successful passing % .

Give him more times , and chance .

Am I the minority who never doubt about Capoue's passing ability?

Well actually how many games has he been played to his natural position ?

Even people thought he didn't have a Gd game ( or a bad game indeed. ) He was still able retain a high successful passing % .

Give him more times , and chance .

Rather see Eriksen create something than play it back to Dawson.
Our centre halfs werent dominating our passing stats today for once.

From the first few games of the season I thought Capoue looked very good and did have a good pass. Since his injury he hasn't had the chance so I agree, it's unfair to judge

Rather see Eriksen create something than play it back to Dawson.
Our centre halfs werent dominating our passing stats today for once.

The thing I also really liked about Eriksen today was his first-time passing. We need more of this.

I'd like to see Dembele and Paulinho dropped for awhile for that very reason.

Back