• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tactics Thread

It’s woeful with the ball
Perfectly fine without it
Need conte to be optimistic, not pessimistic
Agreed. Audere Est Facere.
We know for a fact that teams will focus in on the Sanchez/Royal corner of the pitch and let them have the ball. It just doesn't work at the moment. So either make Royal play completely differently, or swap him out.

Kulu was barely involved either.
Man marking Kulu forcing him to pass back to Royal works. Kulu is tricky but can be stifled with a faster marker. If onlg he had options to play off...unfortunately holberg is not that quick thinking and seldom or incapable to play a defence unlocking, quick one-two

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Man marking Kulu forcing him to pass back to Royal works. Kulu is tricky but can be stifled with a faster marker. If onlg he had options to play off...unfortunately holberg is not that quick thinking and seldom or incapable to play a defence unlocking, quick one-two

I don't remember anyone stifling Kulu. He's not the fastest, so it's not like he relies on his pace anyway. He can beat a player but also his passing is really good so it's not easy to take him out of the game. It's rare that he passes backwards.

I don't remember anyone stifling Kulu. He's not the fastest, so it's not like he relies on his pace anyway. He can beat a player but also his passing is really good so it's not easy to take him out of the game. It's rare that he passes backwards.

Neither do i to be honest, it was not his best game for sure but he still was one of our better players.

You can’t stifle him, he is too smart for that

Just stick until he runs out of options. He is tricky but can't use sheer speed to get/stay ahead. So he would do well with someone to play with. He looked good out there by himself but want able to supply balls to Kane and Son.

Not sure if anyone else saw it but yesterday at multiple points when we didn't have the ball

- We were in a 5-4-1 lineup with Son & Deki being in line with the 2 midfielders

Not sure if anyone else saw it but yesterday at multiple points when we didn't have the ball

- We were in a 5-4-1 lineup with Son & Deki being in line with the 2 midfielders

That's standard for us. The 4 were also instructed not to cross the halfway line under any circumstances. That's fine, if that sort of thing floats your boat, all things being equal but not when you're one down in a tie.

Watch the last couple of minutes of the first half. Their defenders are knocking it between them. Kane is making a token effort to chase the ball knowing he'd be better off with his mickey in his hand and the Milan players are wondering how long they'll get away with it before Son and Kulu cross the halfway line which they never do.

fudging stupid, negative tactics in a game like that. Its not even the tactic, its the rigidity of it that the players can't deviate from it when it's making no sense right in front of their eyes.

That's standard for us. The 4 were also instructed not to cross the halfway line under any circumstances. That's fine, if that sort of thing floats your boat, all things being equal but not when you're one down in a tie.

Watch the last couple of minutes of the first half. Their defenders are knocking it between them. Kane is making a token effort to chase the ball knowing he'd be better off with his mickey in his hand and the Milan players are wondering how long they'll get away with it before Son and Kulu cross the halfway line which they never do.

fudging stupid, negative tactics in a game like that. Its not even the tactic, its the rigidity of it that the players can't deviate from it when it's making no sense right in front of their eyes.
That's fine if you are holding on to a 1-0 with 10 mins to go, not if you're the one trailing 1-0.

I hope they are all with Richy and say fudge his tactics and go out and play on the front foot for the rest of the season or until the new manager arrives.

Back