• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tablet Recommendations

Yeah I looked into it a while ago, Apparently there are plans to get rid of the roaming charges maybe from December this year. Three allow you to use your data in a select few countries already but Belgium isn't one of them yet.

Maybe I should check out SIMs on Three anyway, maybe they will continue to add more countries.

Everything will be so much easier (and cheaper) once roaming charges are abolished. Unless they find a new way to sting you which I am sure they might.

3 are definitely worth a look. They generally have very good data deals and they have scrapped roaming charges to most European countries

3 are definitely worth a look. They generally have very good data deals and they have scrapped roaming charges to most European countries

They don't let you use your data plan if you tether on any new contracts though, as part of their plan to push separate tablet contracts to customers. Their head of retail - the one who was responsible for pretty much everything good about their offers - left fairly recently so that alongside this purchase of o2 makes me worried the good times won't last much longer.

They don't let you use your data plan if you tether on any new contracts though, as part of their plan to push separate tablet contracts to customers. Their head of retail - the one who was responsible for pretty much everything good about their offers - left fairly recently so that alongside this purchase of o2 makes me worried the good times won't last much longer.

That's not so good. I am sure that they will cut the good deals when the O2 takeover goes through, they were only there because they were the smallest of the main networks and were trying to gain market share.

That's not so good. I am sure that they will cut the good deals when the O2 takeover goes through, they were only there because they were the smallest of the main networks and were trying to gain market share.

Since getting my oneplus one I was planning on going sim free when my contract is up but I might try and tie myself into a long term all you can eat data package instead as I don't see them staying around for long, sadly.

I don't think they can tell if you tether on Android can they?

I thought it was only IOS that snitched.

Last edited:
Since getting my oneplus one I was planning on going sim free when my contract is up but I might try and tie myself into a long term all you can eat data package instead as I don't see them staying around for long, sadly.

I am on an all you can eat SIM only deal on 3 for £15 a month. I'll be gutted if they pull it because it is the only mobile contract that I have ever had where the costs haven't crept up.

I don't think they can tell if you tether on Android can they?

I thought it was only IOS that switched.

Yeah they can - I'm not sure how exactly as its not as simple as it is with iOS but they can just packet sniff the headers to see what user agent is specified or what port its using I suppose. Not an issue if you're on a legacy contract - I am so I can't test how strict they are - but 'apparently' any new contract is restricted.

(Edit-not that those would be too hard to get around,mind).

I am on an all you can eat SIM only deal on 3 for £15 a month. I'll be gutted if they pull it because it is the only mobile contract that I have ever had where the costs haven't crept up.

That's what I was planning on moving to.

Last edited:
Yeah they can - I'm not sure how exactly as its not as simple as it is with iOS but they can just packet sniff the headers to see what user agent is specified or what port its using I suppose. Not an issue if you're on a legacy contract - I am so I can't test how strict they are - but 'apparently' any new contract is restricted.
My office has a faster connection than my phone ever will. If tethering ever become an issue (it hasn't been so far) then I'll just use a VPN

Back