• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Taarabt

Seems like this topic comes up every few weeks on GG. He's clearly got ability and skill, but that's it. Shocking work rate. He'd be playing at a better club than QPR if he really was the real deal.

Warnock and Taarabt have both talked about their special relationship. Warnock took him in almost as a member of the family and built the team around him. That worked very well in the Championship, but not as well in the Premier League.

In a top team the stars have to work for their team as well as their teams for them. Much is said about how Messi, Xavi and Iniesta are all hard-working team players, but even someone as egocentric as Ronaldo works very hard on and off the field to be the best player he can.

There were a few mutterings like this about KPB last year. and, to a large extent, I agreed with those mutterings. KPB, ego-centric though he definitely is, seems to be much more of a team player at Milan. Hard-working, and not afraid to present himself when needed. Taarabt, on the other hand, is both ego-centric and completely uninterested in tracking back or helping the team out in any way. One, while not ideal, would be acceptable; the other would be anathema to everything AVB stands for, although he'd probably be the perfect 'Spurs' player.

Taarabt would be slated on here 9 games out of 10 for his poor work rate, positioning, finishing and overall team play.

Can you imagine how disastrous Taarabt would have been in a team performing like we were against Wigan?

In-fighting, failure to track back and storming off down the tunnel after AvB subs him.

We need Parker back if you ask me. We look leader-less.

The only reason Taarabt showed a bit of talent under Warnock is because he played week-in-and-out - something completely unattainble in our current setup (or any previous one for that matter). Much of the same goes for KPB,

I mentioned taarabt more for the style of player then the actual player himself. For example, take the wigan come, our defence was split open by some nice pass and movement and quick 1-2's from their forwards. Who in our team this season have you seen do that, in any game. I can think of one, which ironically enough was ade for sig which although didnt lead to a goal, did split their defence. Dembele, Sandro are not likely to do this, or at least so far not seen any evidence that this is dembele's game as good as he has looked.
Sig has tried a few through balls for lennon, racking my brain their was possibly one that setup a Defoe goal earlier in the season. Then we have Dempsey who has traditionally been our "number 10". What these front 3 (defoe, sig, Dempsey) seem to mainly do, is get to about 25 yards out, and smash it.
Thats fine maybe 5/6 even 7/10 but they do it every single time. There is no surprise, no little one two to open the defence etc. We dont have an Adel type player (obviously you can pick whatever maverick type player u like here), but someone with the skill to pick a pass, pick a shot. It doesnt have to be a glorious £20mil signing, which was the other side of the argument with adel, just someone with the ability.
As for he doesnt track back, as everyone here has already mentioned its like we are playing with 10men anyways, since dempsey does not really get involved. How can he when everyone just shoots so he cant make those sudden bursts in.

All I am interested in is the sell on fee so I hope he continues to improve. He passes the ball a lot more this season, not sure about his defensive duties.

why would you want him to track back. surley thats not what you want your attacking players to do.
does ronaldo ever track back. the idea is when the defenders get the ball they pass to someone like adel.
i rekon he has more to hes game then bale. bale has pace but he dont have awarness like taarabt has. hes not a winger hes an attacking midfeilder.

did you see that pass he done for qpr aganst man u last season. he can see a pass before others can.
and he has got better at tracking back and he does pass a lot more now. yes he gives the ball away but everyone does.
everytime jake comes on he gives away a stupid free kick.
now like other posters have said that we dont have a player like him or modric who can bring the ball out or find that killer pass now dembele injurid.

why would you want him to track back. surley thats not what you want your attacking players to do.
does ronaldo ever track back. the idea is when the defenders get the ball they pass to someone like adel.
i rekon he has more to hes game then bale. bale has pace but he dont have awarness like taarabt has. hes not a winger hes an attacking midfeilder.

did you see that pass he done for qpr aganst man u last season. he can see a pass before others can.
and he has got better at tracking back and he does pass a lot more now. yes he gives the ball away but everyone does.
everytime jake comes on he gives away a stupid free kick.
now like other posters have said that we dont have a player like him or modric who can bring the ball out or find that killer pass now dembele injurid.

HAHA. Taarabt is nowhere near Ronaldo's level. Ronaldo doesn't have to defend when there is a team full of other good players. At QPR you need the team to play as a team, not 10 players to give the ball to one guy who throws a strop if people don't pass to him.

Can you imagine how disastrous Taarabt would have been in a team performing like we were against Wigan?

In-fighting, failure to track back and storming off down the tunnel after AvB subs him.

We need Parker back if you ask me. We look leader-less.

Totally agree.

According to Daily Mirror Adel Taarabt is the shock name on Arsenal's transfer hit list for January alongside Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha.

I swear these journos just pick names out of a hat, then throw a dart at a board with club names.

I'd quite like Zaha, if possible. A young, English striker with massive potential; it'd be like when we signed Defoe, almost. And that, over the years, hasn't worked out too badly.

Assuming the Society of Black Lawyers approves the move, of course.

leave it out. having zamora up front is a waste of time. the amount of chances adel creates and nobody there to take them.

of course ronaldo better hes older and has better players around him.
if only english players had the vison of adel.
did you watch england at the euros they couldnt get out there own half because we had averge players like parker milner

so what's your point then? Taarabt is not a good player for good teams. He is a good player for teams that lack a spark and are happy letting one person do it all.

What has the england team got to do with it? Vision is no good without the right application and decision making. Taarabt lacks both those.

According to Daily Mirror Adel Taarabt is the shock name on Arsenal's transfer hit list for January alongside Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha.

I swear these journos just pick names out of a hat, then throw a dart at a board with club names.

Arsenal are looking at Zaha. He should stay at Palace though, it is much better for his development to play every week and they just moved top of the league.

Taarabt is brick I thought we had finally moved on from this?

Dempsey who many on here deem not good enough scored 20 goals last season in this league while Adel had what 2? and has a better work rate just food for thought

Taarabt is brick I thought we had finally moved on from this?

Dempsey who many on here deem not good enough scored 20 goals last season in this league while Adel had what 2? and has a better work rate just food for thought

There are always a few that will never move on. As with the likes of Berbatov and now Modric and VDV, his name will be brought up several times every season. Sometimes I'm not even sure if it's a 'what if?' thing or if some people are just genuinely more interested in players that don't play for Tottenham.

There are always a few that will never move on. As with the likes of Berbatov and now Modric and VDV, his name will be brought up several times every season. Sometimes I'm not even sure if it's a 'what if?' thing or if some people are just genuinely more interested in players that don't play for Tottenham.

Very true but at least the other 3 you mentioned are world class talents, Taarabt has done virtually nothing in his whole career aside from score a bunch of goals as a luxury player in the Championship

Very true but at least the other 3 you mentioned are world class talents, Taarabt has done virtually nothing in his whole career aside from score a bunch of goals as a luxury player in the Championship

I know. Where are the Atouba, Ziegler or Postiga threads? They have all showed more at Spurs and later clubs than Taarabt. Hell, even Pekhart, Limbersky and Hallfredson have achieved more in their careers.

Back