• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Superspur vs Leicester OMT: The Sequel ***

Is Vardy going to be back for this, btw?
If so, surely he'll wont be up to speed (if you excuse the pun).
I reckon he will. Seems the type that just wants to play every game. We should expect him to play. I wonder if he'll play Gray again. Looks very good.

Eriksen has been our worst first team performer all season. He's 5th in the AM pecking order for me now behind Alli, Lamela, Dembele and Son (and without considering Mason and Pritchard there yet).

You can't pick players on reputation when they aren't performing
flimflam! In what way is he not "performing"? Yes, he scored a couple more goals last season, but other than that?
2016-1-ProgressEriksen.jpg 2016-1-Eriksen-Top-Image.jpg

You didn't think he looked a good player? Just glimpses but he looks a good prospect to me.

I honestly cant remember him doing anything that caught the eye, but the same could be said about the whole of the Leicester team offensively, given the space that Trippier got in the game he didn't do to well in defence.

Or perhaps the overall team has just moved on much more than an individual (so his relative performance has fallen)?

It's basically this - last season he was our main creative force - the only person close to him was Lamela whose creative output was over shadowed by the things he was doing badly - this season we have a much more rounded attack and so he doesn't stand out as much individually even though he is more or less performing at the same level (statistically speaking at least)

His productivity has tailed off as well (goals/open play assists) which doesn't help

Team picks itself at the moment with Dembele and Mason out and Chadli and Son putting in poor performances.

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Dier Carroll
Eriksen Alli Lamela
Kane
If Leicester go 442 and are causing us problems we can use the Watford formation again with the same players
Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Dier Vertonghen Rose
Eriksen Alli Carroll Lamela
Kane
He very likely will play Lamela on the 'wrong side' to help the left back with Mahrez like how he matched Lamela against Coleman against Everton.

Team picks itself at the moment with Dembele and Mason out and Chadli and Son putting in poor performances.

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Dier Carroll
Eriksen Alli Lamela
Kane
If Leicester go 442 and are causing us problems we can use the Watford formation again with the same players
Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Dier Vertonghen Rose
Eriksen Alli Carroll Lamela
Kane
He very likely will play Lamela on the 'wrong side' to help the left back with Mahrez like how he matched Lamela against Coleman against Everton.

Davies/Rose is at least up for discussion at this point. Rose wasn't great yesterday and with the way we have changed our full backs recently I would actually expect Davies to be a bit more likely than Rose.

Would we know if Dembele was back in contention at this point? Could still be in with a shout perhaps?

I also wouldn't be totally shocked if Bentaleb got a start ahead of Carroll, though I don't think it's likely.

------------lloris
walker----toby----vert----davies
---------dier-----carroll*
---eriksen----alli-------lamela
------------kane

*dembele if fit.

I thought Rose was good in the game the other day bar a dodgy backpass early on, he read the game well and knew when to press up/infield and when not to. But the point of rotation is to have a fresher player ready to come in and work harder, so Davies gets the nod. Then Poch can evaluate which of the two he picks for the Sunderland game.

Really nned to take Eriksen off all set pieces other than free kicks that are within shooting distance

All set pieces, full stop.

His free kicks have been anaemic this season (apart from Swansea). They don't even look like troubling the goalkeeper. He needs some more venom in his boots.

I think Eriksen needs the camber he takes corners on at WHL recreated at our training ground, he obviously practises on a perfectly flat piece of turf on a day to day basis

All set pieces, full stop.

His free kicks have been anaemic this season (apart from Swansea). They don't even look like troubling the goalkeeper. He needs some more venom in his boots.

We're level with City at the top of the rankings for goals scored from set pieces this season

I don't really know what metric quantifies 'not imposing himself on a game' or 'drifting in and out'

Or perhaps the overall team has just moved on much more than an individual (so his relative performance has fallen)?

I'll highlight again what I did in the eriksen thread ... He isn't playing number 10 this year, Alli is and others are too. He is much more fluid in his position and low and behold others have performed well too so he isn't standing out.

We also have better attacking options now behind Kane and there all doing a job most of the time. We suffered massively last year with only one of the 3 behind Kane putting in a performance but this year we generally have 2 out of the 3 and the other still working hard. It's why were defending better from the front, having great shot accuracy stats and generally being a better attacking side whilst improving massively in defence. We don't suffer from lazy players anymore

When all 3 play well we can be blooming as seen last season vs Arsenal at home and again this year at the Effeminates

And to bring it back on track... I'd currently start Davies over Rose as he has played marginally better recently. I'd Also love to see Mighty Moose back if fit

Davies will start this one, as will Walker. Then Rose and Trippier at the weekend. Same next week.

Back