• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sunday Pubs - where is everyone going?

Howard Webb

Clive Wilson
Green Man in Wembley is apparently ours, the Torch is CFC this time. Marylebone goes direct to the Stadium stop rather than Central which is furthur away and on the Euston line, and the pub inside Marylebone Station is pretty good. Where is everyone heading?

Pubs in euston are ok, the one inside the station is expensive and small though.

Confirmed Spurs Pubs*: Green Man wembley, Speakeasy wembley stadium station, Liverpool Street area pubs, Finchley Road Walkabout, Alsop Arms Baker Street ( not the Globe ) Railway Tavern west hampsted, Royal Oak/Yates harrow ( tbc which is which, everton got Oak v United ) and warwick services :)

*confirmed by pubs themselves

Last edited:
Starting in Victoria then heading over to Kilburn way.Cant be arsed with the pubs near the ground as i want to get a beer fast

Anyone reckon Liverpool Street will be decent? Usually decent before away games and the like

Be a lot of Spurs fans coming in from Essex way and Enfield into LST, will be a good early starting point, Hamilton Hall, The George, White Hart, Railway Tavern, cant see people staying there too late as its at least 50 mins from stadium with the tube and walk

does anyone know about Kingsbury? in 08 there was alot of people going there for the breakfast and getting on the Jubilee, after driving down the m1

I'll be getting into Liverpool Street early doors and seeing where life takes me from there.

Out of interest, in general how much do people drink before the footy? Usually try not to get smashed, as I like to actually remember the games (and know what kit we're playing in), but a decent level of tinkled so that I'm in top voice.

However, with this being a 6pm and considering most people will be on it from 12ish, I have a feeling there may well be a fair few sore heads the next day.

I'll be getting into Liverpool Street early doors and seeing where life takes me from there.

Out of interest, in general how much do people drink before the footy? Usually try not to get smashed, as I like to actually remember the games (and know what kit we're playing in), but a decent level of tinkled so that I'm in top voice.

However, with this being a 6pm and considering most people will be on it from 12ish, I have a feeling there may well be a fair few sore heads the next day.

Wembley games - I get utterly smashed i.e. the full works. jaeger bombs, sambucca shots, black label on the rocks, a cider or two.

WHL games - not many, two or three black labels and a cider. I eat alot though.

Not sure if it's a good thing but we'll be going to Wetherspoons on Finchley Road. Been there the last few years that we've been to Wembley
Won, drawn (officially) and lost. Gotta to be a win again then...

I

Depends how much time I have to drink really. Usually for away games I get on it hard, home games it differs but I usually have four cans before I get to N17. Tomorrow will be filthy I think

Last edited:
Green Man in Wembley is apparently ours, the Torch is CFC this time. Marylebone goes direct to the Stadium stop rather than Central which is furthur away and on the Euston line, and the pub inside Marylebone Station is pretty good. Where is everyone heading?

Pubs in euston are ok, the one inside the station is expensive and small though.

Confirmed Spurs Pubs*: Green Man wembley, Speakeasy wembley stadium station, Liverpool Street area pubs, Finchley Road Walkabout, Alsop Arms Baker Street ( not the Globe ) Railway Tavern west hampsted, Royal Oak/Yates harrow ( tbc which is which, everton got Oak v United ) and warwick services :)

*confirmed by pubs themselves

I'll probably head to The Green Man, been there for the NFL games and thought it was a good pub and not too far a walk from stadium.

Back