• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sunday Farewells (including Odes to the King)

Not all those players may go.

If we get CL, we are likely to have Modric and Bale for another year at least, but then players like Pienaar and Krancjar are surely out.

The only certainties I see are names like Jenas, Bentley, Giovani and so forth. Players whom our level has passed way by. And the ones who won't be getting contracts like Saha, Nelsen, Carlo and Gomes. Finally there are players who will want to leave like Defoe (I see no point for him to stay, if we persist playing this system) and Corluka (who clearly fell out with Redknapp and on whom Leverkusen have a buy clause in his loan deal).

King may still be extended in a pay-as-you-play sort of contract for all we know.

I don't understand the abuse for Gutterboy. And I don't just ask you all to stop right away because it WILL get you banned from the board.

I do say it, because he is right. There is a number of players, who aren't even in the squad or who Redknapp clearly dislikes, who will be leaving for one reason or the other. Not all of them (JJ and Bentley have played no role but get huge wages between them) have featured at all.

It may not be 15 players, but it can very well be 10 players, if we count the ones out of contract.

I am particulary excited to see which goalies we will be going for. Something fans almost never debate this year despite two leaving and turning 41 next season. Will we be looking towards a young spurs keeper to take the bench (Button or Jansson) or will we look for an international (Krul) or even Lindegaard (who is well displeased at Man Utd and has been linked by Danish media with all of Everton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Liverpool and Spurs)?

Obviously it's a horror show up til september as to whether Bale and Modric stay. Apart from that, it's quite exciting times.

Says in the paper today King will get another 1 year deal

well in that case, I take it all back... but let's still get ONE of "GHod Save our Ledley King", or "Born is the King of WHL" going on Sunday, shall we???

Modric might well leave if we dont get CL. Don't think Bale will though. Defoe will definitely go, the amount of time he's spent on the bench has been ridiculous considering the goals he's got for us and I don't envisage his game time increasing next season...

If it's at a level similar to his last 6-7 then perhaps it would be best ot reconsider

i think its far too easy to assume his performance is injury related. form is temporary and all that

I reckon hes got loads of life left anyway, if managed correctly ie, not 2 games a week at congested fixture periods.

Its a bit early to say whose going to leave normally its around August 27th/28th,the last two days of the transfer window that players get shipped out by us.

You know it's not purely based on that but his performances starting (arguably) from City away

Its up to Ledley to tell us whether he was 100% fit or not. Harry said he got a knock. Maybe he was not at 100%. Gallas was injured for a lot of that time so we needed King.
If he says he's knackered and he can't go on then fair enough. If he feels he has another year or two then give him a year contract.

We need Gallas at this moment too.

Its up to Ledley to tell us whether he was 100% fit or not. Harry said he got a knock. Maybe he was not at 100%. Gallas was injured for a lot of that time so we needed King.
If he says he's knackered and he can't go on then fair enough. If he feels he has another year or two then give him a year contract.

We need Gallas at this moment too.

i think we need to replace Gallas more than King if we are talking about form!

Back