• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sunday Farewells (including Odes to the King)

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
Quite a lot of staff will be involved in their last match for us on Sunday. Those that we'll likely/possibly be saying goodbye to -

Out of contact:
King, Cudicini, Saha, Nelson, Adebayor

Likely to be sold whatever happens:
Gomes, Bassong, Corluka, Jenas, Bentley, Pienaar, Defoe, Gio

Likely to leave if we don't get CL:
Modric, Bale, Redknapp and coaching staff

Special mention obviously to King, although hopefully he'll have a testimonial granted where we can honour him accordingly.

Even though I've never liked or rated him, I guess Defoe has been here a long time.

Hopefully there'll be a few chants of 'sign him up' for Ade too.

Last edited:
Redknapp and co won't leave simply because we failed to get CL gutter boy!

I don't think they'll have much choice. Levy surely won't stand for two monumental collapses in two seasons, especially when it will cost us 2 of our big 3 players (and ?ú40m CL revenue).

You think 15 players plus the entire back room staff are about to leave? I like you GB, but you don't half embarrass yourself sometimes.

I don't think they'll have much choice. Levy surely won't stand for two monumental collapses in two seasons, especially when it will cost us 2 of our big 3 players (and ?ú40m CL revenue).

I agree that it's a concern and people seem to forget that this is the second post February collapse in a row but I don't think he'll be sacked for purely financial reasons. When's he contracted to? 2014?

Why will it? If you're on about Modric & Bale,they are both on long contracts. Levy has already turned down big money for Modric & I cannot see him selling Bale unless a ridiculous offer of 50m+ comes in.

In regards to Bale and modric - I think we will keep em for one more season and then sell.

Bale has three years left on contract right? Modric four. so next year will be two and three respectively. You leave it later and their value will plummet.

You think 15 players plus the entire back room staff are about to leave? I like you GB, but you don't half embarrass yourself sometimes.

Not all of them - different ones in different circumstances. I guess if those with CL ambitions start leaving there might be more room for Pienaar, Corluka etc. Remember though the top list of 5 are already gone in June unless we positively act to retain them. Another 5 have been out on loan (possibly with options to buy) for the last year/six months.

I agree that it's a concern and people seem to forget that this is the second post February collapse in a row but I don't think he'll be sacked for purely financial reasons. When's he contracted to? 2014?

Only till next summer.

In regards to Bale and modric - I think we will keep em for one more season and then sell.

Bale has three years left on contract right? Modric four. so next year will be two and three respectively. You leave it later and their value will plummet.

I suspect we have a 2 year extension option on Bale's as well.

The problem is we used up all our goodwill and gentlemen's agreements last summer. This summer we will have very unhappy players.

Could it really be the last time we see the King :frown:?

The one constant who has always been there since I've supported Spurs. Will genuinely feel very emotional when he leaves, and will definitely get to the testimonial

Quite a lot of staff will be involved in their last match for us on Sunday. Those that we'll likely/possibly be saying goodbye to -

Out of contact:
King, Cudicini, Saha, Nelson, Adebayor

Likely to be sold whatever happens:
Gomes, Bassong, Corluka, Jenas, Bentley, Pienaar, Defoe, Gio

Likely to leave if we don't get CL:
Modric, Bale, Redknapp and coaching staff

Special mention obviously to King, although hopefully he'll have a testimonial granted where we can honour him accordingly.

Even though I've never liked or rated him, I guess Defoe has been here a long time.

Hopefully there'll be a few chants of 'sign him up' for Ade too.

I think half those players in bold will NOT be sold if Redknapp goes...

Mate, I don't get wound up by you, but when you suggest a manager will be fired for having finished 5th (our second highest level in the PL, ahead of Cheat$ki/Pool, a position only bettered once by same said manager, with 3rd still being a possibility down to last game), it really opens you to ridicule.

This isn't Cheat$ki/Madrid/etc. where finishing 1 spot below your goal will get you fired.

Mate, I don't get wound up by you, but when you suggest a manager will be fired for having finished 5th (our second highest level in the PL, ahead of Cheat$ki/Pool, a position only bettered once by same said manager, with 3rd still being a possibility down to last game), it really opens you to ridicule.

This isn't Cheat$ki/Madrid/etc. where finishing 1 spot below your goal will get you fired.

Exactly. Those clubs have a record of reactionary sackings and payoffs within short periods of time.

The OP just shows massive naivety about the way Spurs are run, football and life in general. There is no precedent under Levy's tenure for the kind of clear out described. Anyone with a bit of perspective realises it makes no sense whether the 'Football Manager' players like it or not.

In a real world:

Cudicini likely to sign another 1 year contract, there's an outside chance the King might get a pay as you play, if King does retire then Nelson may stay.

Bentley and Jenas are coming back from long term injuries so its very unlikely anyone is going to put up the cash. Defoe fees/wages will be an issue. Gio seems to be running his contract down. The other 4 may have buyers already.

Redknapp is not going anywhere (not going to be sacked anyway), neither is Bale. It may be decided that the squad doesn't want the disruption caused by Modric last year, if thats not an issue then he will stay too.

Redknapp won't be going anywhere now he's missed out on the England job. He's doing a good job by and large. Therefore the coaching staff will also stay.

Of the players who are out of contract I think Ade is the most in doubt to still be around. The others can easily be kept on for longer, including King. After a summer of rest he might be fine for the start of next season, albeit for his bit part role.

I don't think Pienaar or Defoe will leave either.

Modric will leave regardless, Bale will stick around for one more season.

If King is to leave at the end of the season, I hope it will be announced before the game, so that supporters can honour him properly throughout the game.

Could it really be the last time we see the King :frown:?

The one constant who has always been there since I've supported Spurs. Will genuinely feel very emotional when he leaves, and will definitely get to the testimonial

My second favourite player of all time after Mabbutt.

If either GHod Save Our Ledley King or Born is the King of White Hart Lane ISN'T sung at some point on Sunday, then there's summit seriously wrong with Spurs fans...

For YEARS now, we've passed on this glorious opportunity to give him either a unique song, or re-cycle an absolute Classic, and instead, stubbornly bang on with the two tiresome songs that mention 2 of our most despised opposing players (I refer to the catchy classic 'You can stick yer Sol Cambpell up yer arse, and of course the ill-scanning; 'He's better than John Ter-ry')

Can't we just give the guy a fudging decent send off, without mentioning those 2 ****s for JUST 1 game.... do ya think you can do that...? well do ya?

Last edited:
Back