• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Moaning that Spurs haven't signed anyone kind of overlooks that fact that apart from the Japanese lad to Manyoo, nobody has signed anyone yet.

Tranquilo people.

re adamB/alaric

...still, they manage to identify their targets and in the end they??ll get them.

if we want cl-qualification next year it??s the scum we should compare ourselves with imo (city, united, chelsea are significantly stronger)

Am sure that we've identified who we want! Think we all agree though that we takes ages to sign players....thats obviously simply due to Levy haggling over the last 50p, which therefore makes the selling club not commit to a deal initially unless a better deal comes along later in the window. Alternative would be for us to pay 10%-20% more or whatever per transfer but then we wouldnt have the cash to buy as many players

Moaning that Spurs haven't signed anyone kind of overlooks that fact that apart from the Japanese lad to Manyoo, nobody has signed anyone yet.

Tranquilo people.

chelsea have Marin and Hazard
L'pool have a new manager
Utd have the japanese chap
Arse have podolski

Tranquilo people.

Marin, Hazard, Podoloski, Kagawa.

I'm not panicking but I imagine all of these players will benefit from having their transfers sewn up so early as they can settle in to their new environment quicker as opposed to our 11:57 deadline day bargains who will be expected to come in and perform straight away.

Marin, Hazard, Podoloski, Kagawa.

I'm not panicking but I imagine all of these players will benefit from having their transfers sewn up so early as they can settle in to their new environment quicker as opposed to our 11:57 deadline day bargains who will be expected to come in and perform straight away.

chelsea have Marin and Hazard
L'pool have a new manager
Utd have the japanese chap
Arse have podolski

Oh FFS. I mentioned Kagawa in my post and Chelsea spunking ?ú100m on two players is hardly the sign of normal transfer activity, is it? 2 players going to the European Champions for megabucks does not disprove my general point that transfer activity is extremely quiet at the moment, and not just for Spurs.

Does everything on this board need to become a point of acrimony these days? Sheesh.

Oh FFS. I mentioned Kagawa in my post and Chelsea spunking ?ú100m on two players is hardly the sign of normal transfer activity, is it? 2 players going to the European Champions for megabucks does not disprove my general point that transfer activity is extremely quiet at the moment, and not just for Spurs.

Does everything on this board need to become a point of acrimony these days? Sheesh.

Relax!! Please dont be so sensitive - it hasnt become a 'point of acimony'. To say that though Kagawa is the only thing over rivals have done so far isnt right. Chelsea spending mega bucks is very relevant to us given that they will be a rival for a top 4 spot and these two deals will advance them a lot; Arse bringing in Podolski strengthens them. Liverpool replacing KK with Rodgers is probably worth several points to them per season as well

Am not overly bothered about us not having signed anyone yet but 4 of the other teams near the top of the league have made improvements and will have those available for pre-season training

re adamB/alaric

...still, they manage to identify their targets and in the end they??ll get them.

if we want cl-qualification next year it??s the scum we should compare ourselves with imo (city, united, chelsea are significantly stronger)

Right, so all you've done is read 'M'Villa to Scum is done apparently.' Have you not been reading for ages that Verts has apparently been done for ages?

You're whinging about something that's not even happened in the same way our targets haven't yet....

Relax!! Please dont be so sensitive - it hasnt become a 'point of acimony'. To say that though Kagawa is the only thing over rivals have done so far isnt right. Chelsea spending mega bucks is very relevant to us given that they will be a rival for a top 4 spot and these two deals will advance them a lot; Arse bringing in Podolski strengthens them. Liverpool replacing KK with Rodgers is probably worth several points to them per season as well

Am not overly bothered about us not having signed anyone yet but 4 of the other teams near the top of the league have made improvements and will have those available for pre-season training

Ok, fair enough Adam. It's just that it seems a fairly uncontentious point to make that there's very little transfer activity at the moment, so it's frustrating when people try to contradict that with spurious evidence. I say "spurious", because I don't necessarily agree that 4 of our rivals have improved.

First, Manyoo aren't rivals - they are 20 points ahead of us and miles out of sight. Liverpool haven't brought in any players, and a new manager may or may not be an improvement - we don't know yet either way. Podolski is a one of the most 1-footed players I've ever seen and is a completely bog-standard signing that would not get me excited and who I don't think would get into our team anyway. And since we're not going to spend ?ú40m on players, we can't say Chelsea have mugged us either since we're not in the mix for those players anyway.

There may be the illusion that others are stealing a march on us, but I don't think that argument really stacks up.

Ed: Oh, and also...we've signed Vert!!

Last edited:
Right, so all you've done is read 'M'Villa to Scum is done apparently.' Have you not been reading for ages that Verts has apparently been done for ages?

You're whinging about something that's not even happened in the same way our targets haven't yet....

based on experience from the last transfer windows we should be slightly worried, don??t you think?

yes, verts will be a good signing for us, but keep in mind that we currently have 1 striker, we will most probably lose our best player (modric), who knows maybe even our manager will be gone in the next days.....

extremely important to get this window right for us

paddypower
BREAKING: CAULKER to head to #Liverpool if #Spurs accept ?ú8m offer!

paddypower
BREAKING: Report trickling in that #THFC have put in ?ú10m bid for #Saudi Sportswashing Machine keeper Tim Krul...

paddypower
BREAKING: CAULKER to head to #Liverpool if #Spurs accept ?ú8m offer!

paddypower
BREAKING: Report trickling in that #THFC have put in ?ú10m bid for #Saudi Sportswashing Machine keeper Tim Krul...

I doubt either is remotely true. Harry brought in Friedel, he likes him and won't bring in a new number 1 for this year at least. He's much more likely to go for a young potential number 1 for next year and loan them out for a season.

(Unless Harry is going of course!)

Last edited:
based on experience from the last transfer windows we should be slightly worried, don??t you think?

yes, verts will be a good signing for us, but keep in mind that we currently have 1 striker, we will most probably lose our best player (modric), who knows maybe even our manager will be gone in the next days.....

extremely important to get this window right for us

I wouldn't be worried at this stage mate, it won't really happen for most until after the Euros, I'd be worried if we're not making much headway towards the end of pre season as I don't really want it to be last minute.

All of what you said above is correct, I'm just saying don't react to speculation whether it be for Spurs or for other clubs-wait for things to be official. I've heard here and there for weeks now that M'Villa is done so maybe just maybe it's not just Spurs that messes around after all, or here's a thought deals aren't as easy to conclude as some like to think....

Caulker for 8m would be great business but can't see Liverpool paying it tbh.

Based on what though? We have a wealth of fringe players that can make us that money who all have a fraction of the potential of Caulker. Years of development only to hand him as a near complete player to a massive rival?

I wouldn't be worried at this stage mate, it won't really happen for most until after the Euros, I'd be worried if we're not making much headway towards the end of pre season as I don't really want it to be last minute.

All of what you said above is correct, I'm just saying don't react to speculation whether it be for Spurs or for other clubs-wait for things to be official. I've heard here and there for weeks now that M'Villa is done so maybe just maybe it's not just Spurs that messes around after all, or here's a thought deals aren't as easy to conclude as some like to think....

I just hope we get things wrapped up fairly early. There were many reasons as to why we finished 1pt behind Arsenal last season, but I have wondered whether we could have got a draw from one of the first two games of the season if we had had a defensive presence in midfield.

Back